Solskjær press conference vs Brighton (H)

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
"
Everyone said about Tottenham being the test, I don’t think that’s a test in attitude, the players are gonna be up for that game, I’m looking for a reaction in a home game against a team you should dominate and be better than, that’s the attitude if we go out there and do it in these games it’s these are the points that will get you up the table.
"

Brightons team talk right there. I really like ole but i do think on occasion he should be slighty more guarded than he is. Its a really minor thing but yeah, hes a bit too open and it'll be interesting to see how / if that changes if results start to turn.
Seriously??
Everyone complained about Jose being too negative in pressers,
Now we have a manager who is confident in the teams ability and people complain about that too!!
We should be beating Brighton, we're ahead of them in the league and we're United!
It's not open at all, it's massaging the teams ego while simultaneously boosting their confidence, you constantly tell a team they'll lose and they will probably lose most of the time, you tell a team that they can win and they will believe you.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
"
Everyone said about Tottenham being the test, I don’t think that’s a test in attitude, the players are gonna be up for that game, I’m looking for a reaction in a home game against a team you should dominate and be better than, that’s the attitude if we go out there and do it in these games it’s these are the points that will get you up the table.
"

Brightons team talk right there. I really like ole but i do think on occasion he should be slighty more guarded than he is. Its a really minor thing but yeah, hes a bit too open and it'll be interesting to see how / if that changes if results start to turn.
Yeah I miss the days when our previous managers would say:

"We will try and make it difficult for Brighton"
"What a player Glenn Murray is. A perfect modern day striker"
"Brighton defend is a wonderful way. They are experts in the art of being solid and strong"
"Brighton have a beautiful structure with a beautiful manager, and a beautiful owner who knows the right players to bring in"
"We are technically and technically inferior to bigger teams"

Shark

@NotShark
"
"

The whole point of this comments is that it's a game that we should be winning regardless of what Brighton do. They can play at 110% but we should be going out and still dominating and scoring goals against. Under Jose we would go into these games without any drive because we had maybe gotten a few good result in previous weeks. Ole is installing the attitude that there's never an excuse to down tools and we must continue playing to our current level.

What he's saying is a breath of fresh air.

crossy1686

career ending
"
"

Chris Hughton's thoughts on us...

"I don't think just anybody could have gone in and had the record that he has now," said Hughton, as quoted by Daily Mail.

"I think you have to give him credit for that. In whatever way he has done that - and I don't know what way that is - he's got results. They haven't lost for six games. You have to give them a lot of praise for that. Any manager coming in after Mourinho, I don't think they could have expected any more because the results and the performances indicate that. We know how difficult every game is."

"Seeing their recent games, they are playing a way that allows the quality and pace in their side to show, and they look like they can score goals."

"They're aggressive in the way they are pressing, so at this moment they are in really good form which makes it a more difficult task for us. The results speak for themselves. They have been able to win games and score goals and play really well," he concluded.

ArjenIsM3

Seriously??
Everyone complained about Jose being too negative in pressers,
Now we have a manager who is confident in the teams ability and people complain about that too!!
We should be beating Brighton, we're ahead of them in the league and we're United!
It's not open at all, it's massaging the teams ego while simultaneously boosting their confidence, you constantly tell a team they'll lose and they will probably lose most of the time, you tell a team that they can win and they will believe you.
The glass is always half empty eh?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Chris Houghton is smarter than Paul Ince. What a shock.

Red Devil Rising

Is it only me that watches press conferences by Mourinho so I can again feel the relief that we don't have this dour miserable bastard in charge of our club anymore?

pacifictheme

Quoted 8 times for daring to have an opinion slightly different to ole can do no wrong (and even qualifying it by saying its a minor issue). This forum.

Thanks to the people replying sensibly. Good to know it sounded better when heard (not that it even sounded that bad).

ravi2

Fellaini injury news
Solskjaer confirmed Fellaini is out injured:

He’ll probably be at least three or four weeks, he’s got a calf problem and that’s sad. There’s X factor in diff players and we all know Felli’s X factor and then again he’ll be working hard to get back in when all the big games are coming as well.
Why is it every time there is serious talk of selling Fellaini he manages to get injured? Can he still be sold?

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
All good stuff, apart from the lack of red meat thrown to the muppets.

I love the way he shut down the Mourinho stuff.

His attitude is just a breath of fresh air, feels like he's channeling Fergie at times.

And was there only me who got excited about the prospect of him finding somewhere to live that wasn't a hotel? The fecking depths of despair Mourinho drove me to, this is now something that a manager can do to make me happy.
Definitely. The vast improvement in performances says it all, Ole saying Jose is fantastic, he'll be in work soon etc. while adding how much he is enjoying working with the boys shuts it down without a hint of controversy.

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Quoted 8 times for daring to have an opinion slightly different to ole can do no wrong (and even qualifying it by saying its a minor issue). This forum.

Thanks to the people replying sensibly. Good to know it sounded better when heard.
Tbf, if you had posted the full quote, arrogance or whatever can't be seen at all.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

Thanks to the people replying sensibly. Good to know it sounded better when heard (not that it even sounded that bad).
No, you got quoted because you have the attitude of a Jose presser, negative.
Lighten up,
Enjoy this team again, because I sure am.
There's no need for negativity right now, 6 on the spin, let's make it 7.

pacifictheme

No, you got quoted because you have the attitude of a Jose presser, negative.
Lighten up,
Enjoy this team again, because I sure am.
There's no need for negativity right now, 6 on the spin, let's make it 7.
Yeah saying i really like ole but is so bloody negative. Shame on me.

EwanI Ted

On Alexis Sanchez
You’ve got better performances out of all big players at United, one exception so far is Sanchez because he has hardly been on the pitch how frustrating is it that he can’t play as much as you would like him to?

You have to ask him, a player loves to play football, doesn’t matter who you are and he’s been hindered by injury, I know how frustrating that can be and how eager you are to get back. Maybe in the Reading game at HT he should have told me to come off because the next 15 or 20 mins were a setback.

But he’s champing at the bit in training. He’s attitude has been fantastic in training and I’m looking forward to seeing him, I’ve got loads of good players to choose from.
Still crossing my fingers for Sanchez to give us something between now and the end of the season. The bench is pretty thin up front with Lukaku bang out of form, only really Mata to rely on. Sanchez coming back even to 90% of his best form would be really helpful over the next few months.

SqueakyWeasel

The only thing I reacted to was : "Brighton's team talk right there …"

My point was only that I think you based your comments on an incomplete or inaccurate quote which "could" have been misconstrued as arrogant. Once I added the missing bits into your original sourced wording (in bold in my first reply) it appears to read even less in the vein that you were implying "might" be a "tiny" bit OTT.

Don't worry too much about all the grief you get on here anyway. Just enjoy the football again ;)

Zlatattack

Fellaini injury news

He’ll probably be at least three or four weeks, he’s got a calf problem and that’s sad. There’s X factor in diff players and we all know Felli’s X factor and then again he’ll be working hard to get back in when all the big games are coming as well.
noooooo! All those clubs lining up to buy him.

SqueakyWeasel

Fellaini injury news

Anyone else think that this is perhaps an "agreed" party-line story to solve the obvious "if he's so good why is he not even on the bench" questions that potential suitors might have? Smells of SAF and Ole makes a really long pause before getting into the Fellaini injury which, for someone who handles questions pretty damn well, looked an awful lot like someone struggling to have to deliver a lie.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Anyone else think that this is perhaps an "agreed" party-line story to solve the obvious "if he's so good why is he not even on the bench" questions that potential suitors might have? Smells of SAF and Ole makes a really long pause before getting into the Fellaini injury which, for someone who handles questions pretty damn well, looked an awful lot like someone struggling to have to deliver a lie.
Or he’s injured.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Why is it every time there is serious talk of selling Fellaini he manages to get injured? Can he still be sold?
I don't think Fellaini is going anywhere.
Every manager he has worked with has sung his praises.
I believe that because he gives 100% in training and in matches, while following the managers' instructions to the letter - this is what gets him into the good books of managers.
Moyes, LVG, Jose, Martinez - they all love him. Solkjaer will likely, join them.

Zlatattack

Still crossing my fingers for Sanchez to give us something between now and the end of the season. The bench is pretty thin up front with Lukaku bang out of form, only really Mata to rely on. Sanchez coming back even to 90% of his best form would be really helpful over the next few months.
I hope so too. I'd be so dissapointed if we never got to see the Sanchez of old in a Manchester United shirt. I was over the moon when we signed him because he had that x-factor and drive to win, i hope he still does. He should be having the same impact on the pitch Pogba does.

Kapardin

On Mourinho
Mourinho spoke and said he has a future in top level management, do you agree with that?

Yeah, why shouldn’t he because he’s a fantastic manager and with the results he’s had at don’t think he’ll be struggling for work.
What sort of stupid questions are these? Does the journalist who asked this expect Ole to go "Nope, Mourinho will be managing a club in China soon" or something.

Just asking questions hoping Ole will incur some slip of the tongue which may provide scope for some click-bait headline. Terrible journalism.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
On Pogba
Pogba said overconfidence would be the biggest issue against Brighton because of the way the team have played recently...

Overconfident? No you cannot be too confident, it’s complacency, it’s the other side of it, I want players to be confident but not complacent and take their foot off the pedal because that’s a big diff for me. Take people on, running passing forward getting the crowd with them because that’s what it’s about.
I just creamed my pants

sunama

Baghdad Bob
On January transfers
Are you expecting any incomings this month?

No, not really.

RIP muppets :(
Heheh.
I think that when we bought only 1 first team player (Fred), in the Summer, it was clear that the next 12 months were going to be a money saving exercise. My guess is that Woodie needs to balance the books, so needed to cut spending in the Summer 2018 and in January 2019.

I think we will spend big this Summer, though. If we don't, it could be an indication that the board merely want to keep us in the top 4, while spending as little as possible.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Used to not put too much stock on what managers said at press conferences etc. But the things I've heard from Jose and Ole are like night and day, and the performances on the pitch reflect the positive attitude that latter exudes. Long may this continue.
This is true.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Lukaku has scored 3 out of 4 I think. He's not out of form he just doesn't fit our new style of play.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Illogical to shrink the squad halfway through the season, makes no sense. We'll get injuries, and as crap as some of the players are, we'll need them at some point. There can be a mass exodus in the summer instead.
I doubt there will be any exodus taking place in the Summer.
We'll offer most (if not all), the deadwood players new contracts and they will stay.
I believe the only one who is likely to leave is Valencia.
And what about Darmian - every transfer window he is about to leave....but doesn't.
Phil Jones is the one I want gone. The absolute definition of deadwood.

Canagel

Fellini is like that turd that won't flush.really thought this is the window but he's not going to see much gametime anyway so no harm done.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Fellini is like that turd that won't flush.really thought this is the window but he's not going to see much gametime anyway so no harm done.
Whether you like him or not now's not the time to sell anyone. The next manager may see him as part of their plans

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Every week I don't think it's possible, but I end up loving this man (OGS) more and more with each passing press conference.

Results are obviously important as well, but yeah, just "gets it".

Mihai

What did Federico do to you?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Anyone else reading this in a Norwegian/Mancunian accent? :lol:

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Lukaku has scored 3 out of 4 I think. He's not out of form he just doesn't fit our new style of play.
I disagree, he didn't fit Jose's style of hoofball up to the target man style of play.

He will be much happier having the ball played to feet in and around the box.

Saying he is bang out of form is complete & utter nonsense though, as you say, he is now scoring goals again, as mentioned above, in the box. Long may it continue.

GM K

I am big fan of Ole. I really hope he does enough to convince the board to give him the job on a permanent basis. He just gets this club and he oozes wisdom.

EwanI Ted

He has a couple of goals but his general play is way below last seasons form. He may also be not what we’re looking for in general style of play as a first teamer, but last seasons Lukaku would be fine as a squad option. This season hes just a liability.

EwanI Ted

I disagree, he didn't fit Jose's style of hoofball up to the target man style of play.

He will be much happier having the ball played to feet in and around the box.

Saying he is bang out of form is complete & utter nonsense though, as you say, he is now scoring goals again, as mentioned above, in the box. Long may it continue.
I really can’t agree that the performance we saw against Reading was that of a man playing near his best.

SirAF

Ageist
What sort of stupid questions are these? Does the journalist who asked this expect Ole to go "Nope, Mourinho will be managing a club in China soon" or something.

Just asking questions hoping Ole will incur some slip of the tongue which may provide scope for some click-bait headline. Terrible journalism.

Nothing new, sadly. Most football journalists are absolutely stealing a living.