Solskjær press conference vs Brighton (H)

el3mel

He was in the training video man utd + beanysports uploaded recently, which must have been thursday.

If he got injured in the session then maybe it's true, but seems unlikely? he was moving absolutely fine in those videos.
Which is mostly the case.

Ole doesn't have a reason to lie.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Which is mostly the case.

Ole doesn't have a reason to lie.
It's just a convenient excuse for him to not be in the match squad if he's trying to sort out a transfer.

How often did Coutinho have a back injury when it came to him wanting to move?

Anyway once the new training video's come out, if he's there and moving fine again it's clearly not an issue.

el3mel

It's just a convenient excuse for him to not be in the match squad if he's trying to sort out a transfer.

How often did Coutinho have a back injury when it came to him wanting to move?

Anyway once the new training video's come out, if he's there and moving fine again it's clearly not an issue.
There's no reason for us to sell him midseason while we want every player to get top 4. Fred and Periera have been useless for most times and that's another reason to keep Fellaini.

Only logical thinking he's going to stay and these reports were just BS as usual. We have been hearing about him going to Turkey for years now, not just currently.

micmac

I don't mean to be "that guy" but I find his interviews pretty boring...I know alot of people like the new "everything is right as rain" style interviews.

It's much better than the doom and gloom from before. It can also be the questions being asked but the interviews are not really insightful.

RedCurry

I don't mean to be "that guy" but I find his interviews pretty boring...I know alot of people like the new "everything is right as rain" style interviews.

It's much better than the doom and gloom from before. It can also be the questions being asked but the interviews are not really insightful.
Give us example of how you would make answers to the same questions more interesting. I am curious.

Inter Yer Nan

I'm disappointed by the lack of Rooney questions but in general a good press conference. Very happy with Ole so far and beyond obviously rooting hard for United which I always do but you want it even more just so Ole can land his dream job long term.

championo

Top Stalker
Good stuff yet again from Ole. And sounds like he won't be living in a hotel for long...
He just doesn't talk, he actually listens to the questions, has the presense of mind to intelligently answer them. He is not giving cookie cutter response. I had stopped listening to press conferences I just realized.

Tony247

He is not a stand up comedian there to enterain the audience. He is the manager of the most prestigious sports club in the world and must maintain basic decorum of that position. His real job is to provide entertaining football to club supporters, which he is doing splendidly.

Lets not be too cynical and start picking on small things. (not personally directed to you but in general)

Reactions: Penna

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
One of my favourite quotes from him was after the last game when asked about the amount of saves De Gea made. He said that we played really well in the first half, controlled it, but that we came under a lot of pressure in the second half, and well "you're allowed to have a good goalkeeper". I thought it was brilliantly disarming.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
One of my favourite quotes from him was after the last game when asked about the amount of saves De Gea made. He said that we played really well in the first half, controlled it, but that we came under a lot of pressure in the second half, and well "you're allowed to have a good goalkeeper". I thought it was brilliantly disarming.
Ole seems very adept at castrating the press' attempts to unsettle the team.

Red Devil Rising

Give us example of how you would make answers to the same questions more interesting. I am curious.
Absolutely this.

It's the same repetitive questions time and time again. Did he expect such a great start? Is he frustrated that Sanchez hasn't played more etc.

I haven't really heard one insightful question since he joined, they all ask exactly the same.

Like Curry said, he's not here to entertain the press. I'm happy for him to do his entertaining on the pitch. The last manager we had who gave memorable press conferences served up turd after turd in the way of performances on the pitch.

I know which one I'd rather have.

micmac

He is not a stand up comedian there to enterain the audience. He is the manager of the most prestigious sports club in the world and must maintain basic decorum of that position. His real job is to provide entertaining football to club supporters, which he is doing splendidly.

Lets not be too cynical and start picking on small things. (not personally directed to you but in general)
I understand what you're saying and I understand he needs to conduct in a certain manner.

In my opinion his interviews are starting to come across like he's trying to convince the supporters/viewers/reporters of Manchester United's history. That we are winners and will always be winning and have that mentality. For me Manchester United is my team, I know what we are about, I know the prestige and tradition.

I find his interviews are straying to come across the same way we baby Millennials nowadays. It's just my opinion, some people like tea sweet and some not so much.

DBT85

No clue...like I said it could be the questions...
Journos rarely ask anything interesting. Its either 10 minutes trying to get you to trip up by asking the same question in 5 different ways or "tell us how great they are" or "tell us how much you're enjoying it".

Just some choice ones that Gordon Strachan has had to deal with. He at least gives a response deserving of the absurdity of the questions.

Reporter: Welcome to Southampton Football Club. Do you think you are the right man to turn things around?
Strachan: No. I was asked if I thought I was the right man for the job and I said, "No, I think they should have got George Graham because I'm useless

Reporter: This might sound like a daft question, but you'll be happy to get your first win under your belt, won't you?
Strachan: You're right. It is a daft question. I'm not even going to bother answering that one. It is a daft question, you're spot on there

Reporter: Bang, there goes your unbeaten run. Can you take it?
Strachan: No, I’m going to crumble like a wreck. I’ll go home, become an alcoholic and maybe jump off a bridge. Umm, I think I can take it, yeah.

ravi2

I doubt there will be any exodus taking place in the Summer.
We'll offer most (if not all), the deadwood players new contracts and they will stay.
I believe the only one who is likely to leave is Valencia.
And what about Darmian - every transfer window he is about to leave....but doesn't.
Phil Jones is the one I want gone. The absolute definition of deadwood.
100% agree, I hope Rojo joins that list, he offers very little and is injured way too much.

Eriku

Tbh I think «you’re allowed to have a _____» is a common enough turn of phrase in Norwegian to flip a potential negative, but that said it did the trick nicely :)

littleman

I understand what you're saying and I understand he needs to conduct in a certain manner.

In my opinion his interviews are starting to come across like he's trying to convince the supporters/viewers/reporters of Manchester United's history. That we are winners and will always be winning and have that mentality. For me Manchester United is my team, I know what we are about, I know the prestige and tradition.

I find his interviews are straying to come across the same way we baby Millennials nowadays. It's just my opinion, some people like tea sweet and some not so much.
You know what everyone loves though? Good outcomes.

DBT85

He was in the training video man utd + beanysports uploaded recently, which must have been thursday.

If he got injured in the session then maybe it's true, but seems unlikely? he was moving absolutely fine in those videos.
You can't judge if a player is injured or not from watching a few videos online in a training session.

Thisistheone

He just doesn't talk, he actually listens to the questions, has the presense of mind to intelligently answer them. He is not giving cookie cutter response. I had stopped listening to press conferences I just realized.
Yeah, he's really impressed me in that regard. Probably the first time we can enjoy a presser since Fergie. Although LvG did have his moments.

The_Order

Dunno where he got his media training but its tops.

Not only did he answer all the questions with sharp focus, but he also starved the tabloid vultures of any back page bait

early days still but encouraging