Solskjær press conference vs Chelsea (H)

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It'll be the same old crap.. same old party line and a few weeks from now it'll be the "put that loss behind us... regroup and go again bollox

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It’s a fine line between criticizing the board and letting the world know you have no faith in your squad to hit lofty achievements. We know because we saw how what is roughly the same squad gave up on Mourinho early on last year.

We will all do well to understand that whatever Ole says will be said with the goal of keeping his squad positively focused and as motivated as possible.

Ole publicly condemning ownership and the board on the eve of the season’s kick off is completely off of the table. At most he will praise the stability that Aaron and Harry will bring to our back line, along with the promising talent James brings to the table.

His one and only focus is on the Chelsea game on Sunday, as it should be. Whether you like the squad in it’s current state or not, these are the players we have for now and all Ole cares about is getting them off to the best start possible.
Great Post Robbie.

In as much as we want a manager to bemoan the apparent lack of activity, publicly attack Woodward and the Glazers, it's not going to happen. The sad reality is that whilst we are playing Europa League football we are not as an attractive proposition to some players as we would like to think. Squad harmony and everyone pulling in the same direction will give us a better chance of getting in the top 4 and attracting those sprinkles of stardust we are missing.

Time to get behind the team now methinks. We all want a change in a change in ownership but that will happen in one circumstance and one circumstance only and that if and when the Glazers want to sell.

red4ever 79

People are losing their minds over this comment. This is what he actually said after the Everton game: "We have to stick together as a team. We can't change the whole squad but it's one step at a time. I'm going to be successful here and there are players there that won't be part of that successful team, but there are many of them that do have it."

Who did people actually expect to be sold from the names above this summer, (not that that's what he said) ?
If you are asking me who should have been sold from the team that played that day then it is easy Jones, Young, Lukaku, Matic

MonkeysMagic

There is zero value in bleating about transfer window and what might have been. Need full focus on up coming games by the squad, coaching staff, and dare I say it, the fans.

We all know that Utd wont be challenging for the title, which is not good enough for a club of our stature I know, but we need to be focusing on a style of football in keeping with modern teams and not reverting to the tumescent and stale tactics long discarded by the better teams.

There will be wins and losses but we need to persist with the long term aims of modernising our game.

Reactions: Sultan

Withnail

I love Ole, almost unhealthily so, but if he utters this claptrap tomorrow...
Did you ever hear Fergie complain about the owners or say that his squad wasn't good enough in a press conference before the first game of the season?

A bad manager undermines his boss and his squad publicly.

People need to cop on - of course he is going to say that he's happy with his squad.

Reactions: Sultan

BarstoolProphet

That's the team that played that day along with subs that came on. So Lukaku aside from the below who do you think will be sold this window as Ole clearly said some of those players will not be here next season
De Gea
Lindelöf
Smalling
Jones (Young)
Dalot
Pogba
Matic
Fred (McTominay)
Rashford (Pereira)
Lukaku
Martial

No, but from that team you have a proper RB (Wan Bissaka) replacing a makeshift RB, Maguire and possible Tuanzebe replacing both CB and a very defensively solid LB (Shaw) replacing a RB-turned-LB that couldn't defend to save his life. And there's a strong possibility that DDG will return to form with a new contract. So possible the entire defense replaced and an upturn in form from a WC goalkeeper just in one summer.

Bar the utterly useless Lukaku upfront the midfield and attack might consist of those players for a few matches, but atleast we now have a McT who have taken several steps in pre-season and could replace Matic from the get go plus two wonderkids (Greenwood&Gomes) and two exciting but raw wingers (James&Chong) fighting out for a starting place. And perhaps somehow Sanchez could find some of his old form back in a SS or #10 role?

Based on that, we could be looking at:

DDG

Wan-Bissaka
Tuanzebe/Lindelöf (who played RB that day)
Maguire
Shaw

Pogba
McT

James/Greenwood
Sanchez/Lingard
Martial/Gomes

Rashford

Which could mean 7-8 players changed who either didn't play that game or played in an unfamiliar position. That's pretty significant in just a few months. Sure, most of the deadwood isn't sold and I'm not saying this will all be grand, but atleast there is a lot of potential in this team to be excited about, in contrast to that game.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
If you are asking me who should have been sold from the team that played that day then it is easy Jones, Young, Lukaku, Matic
Young and Jones had signed new contracts. It was pretty obvious they wouldn't be sold.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
in my opinion the writing was on the wall the moment Woody was busy handling the likes of Mata and Jones with nearly zilc value long term contracts.

GBBQ

If someone told you that Lukaku our best striker would be sold and not replaced, and Herrera our second best CM the same, would you have though that was the plan all along, and that it was a good idea? I would have never imagined that. If that was what he meant and planned, then feck me that is shambolic.
Lukaku was clearly unhappy about his role and Herrera hadn't signed a contract so i was not completely surprised they are gone. Plenty of fans were calling for them to be axed prior to that quote as well and neither of them seem committed to the club; Lukaku engineered a move and Herrera turned down a new contract in favour of more money from PSG. Both were entitled to do that of course but they also had opportunities to stay which they declined.

But I am just referring to the wording of his quote from April, its accurate.

Kostov

Lukaku was clearly unhappy about his role and Herrera hadn't signed a contract so i was not completely surprised they are gone. Plenty of fans were calling for them to be axed prior to that quote as well and neither of them seem committed to the club; Lukaku engineered a move and Herrera turned down a new contract in favour of more money from PSG. Both were entitled to do that of course but they also had opportunities to stay which they declined.

But I am just referring to the wording of his quote from April, its accurate.
I was actually surprised about Herrera, and I think nothing was sure until the end and that PSG link was out later, not sure though. Lukaku was clearly unhappy, I really didn't think we would sell him this summer, simply because we had bigger problems than buying a replacement as well. Losing him without replacing him I though would never happen. The quote is everything but accurate if you try to logically understand what he meant.

passing-wind

Solskjaer will just have to contradict himself, we complained at him being made permanent manager nothing but a useless yes man with no managerial pedigree. Looking forward to the excuses

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Rojo signed a new contract and we are trying to offload him
Rojo's contract was a terrible decision to try get some thing back for him (or maybe not if we find someone daft enough to buy him).

Expecting Young and Jones sold from Solskjaer's comments after Everton is just twisting his words into what you wanted to happen.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
United fans will love what Paul Pogba said in new adidas video
Paul Pogba has described how special it is to wear the Manchester United shirt as speculation continues to mount over his future at the club.

StrettyEnder07

Could you imagine if the caf was about after the summer of 95, the place would have broken the internet with the metldown.

Yes we all know Woodward and the Glazers are horrible fecks who don't give two fecks about the club, the window is done.

Rather than burning Ole at the stake like a hell of a lot of fans are doing, lets actually see how we do, personally my only worry is that midfield but I am excited to see a new formation, pressing high, pace, energy, going at teams and the emergence of Gomes/Greenwood/Tuanzebe especially.

Yeah we won't win the league this year, we have a massive fight on our hands for top 4 but I am looking forward to the a bit more free flowing football, attacking with pace and playing without fear!

Feck everyone writing Ole off already, bring on Sunday lets get into these rentboy fecks!

Hopefully Ole comes out with something similar in his press conference, youth, pace, high pressing, attacking and being on the front foot

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
10:01
Trasnfer window - thoughts? Regrets?
Do you know I think when the transfer window closes it’s a great feeling of relief now it’s done now we know we’re looking forward with and I’m delighted with the three we’ve signed.

Trophy Room

Could you imagine if the caf was about after the summer of 95, the place would have broken the internet with the metldown.

Yes we all know Woodward and the Glazers are horrible fecks who don't give two fecks about the club, the window is done.

Rather than burning Ole at the stake like a hell of a lot of fans are doing, lets actually see how we do, personally my only worry is that midfield but I am excited to see a new formation, pressing high, pace, energy, going at teams and the emergence of Gomes/Greenwood/Tuanzebe especially.

Yeah we won't win the league this year, we have a massive fight on our hands for top 4 but I am looking forward to the a bit more free flowing football, attacking with pace and playing without fear!

Feck everyone writing Ole off already, bring on Sunday lets get into these rentboy fecks!

Hopefully Ole comes out with something similar in his press conference, youth, pace, high pressing, attacking and being on the front foot
Exactly. We just need to start playing well again and all these nonsensical threads about how everyone at United is incompetent will just die.

DomesticTadpole

10:02
Did you expect more signings?
Well that’s not the feeling indie the club and the feeling with the fans I’ve met are excited with the ones we’ve had there are always going to be fans out there wanting to sign players that’s part and parcel of being here.

The players are here now and have been shown that trust and we believe in them.

DomesticTadpole

10:03
Lukaku? Disappointed with him?
It was time now for Rom to go because I think we got a good deal, he’s happy so I think both parties ended that deal as it should be. Rom was injured for a while this pre-season, didn’t participate so I just hope for him he’ll get a good start at Inter Milan.

DomesticTadpole

10:04
Pogba?
Always the same, he’s been great, I’ve always said every time I’ve been asked about Paul, when he comes in plays, trains he’s absolutely fantastic.

HJ12

Crap man. Can someone just come out and say to him that we are short in attack and midfield? Want to hear what he says to that.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
10:02
Did you expect more signings?
Well that’s not the feeling indie the club and the feeling with the fans I’ve met are excited with the ones we’ve had there are always going to be fans out there wanting to sign players that’s part and parcel of being here.

The players are here now and have been shown that trust and we believe in them.
Oh dear...

DomesticTadpole

10:04
Lukaku goals loss?
Of course Rom has a good record and stats he’s one of the top number nines around when you wanna play with that kind of striker, target man, for me I’m very confident that we’ll get goals from Martial, Rashford, James will create, I’m sure Jesse Lingard will get more. We have a different attacking set-up this month.

DomesticTadpole

Attack better than last season?
Towards the end of last season we didn’t score a lot of goals and you do think players will have an impact and Mason Greenwood pathway would have been a lot more different if we had another forward there and I believe Mason is going to be playing and involved a lot and when he is he’s going to score goals.