Solskjær press conference vs Chelsea (H)

koop

Is there anywhere I can watch the press conference replay?

Tony247

Sunday will be a test of stamina and intensity. More than the result I would like to see improvement in gameplay.

Alabaster Codify7

Fair enough but that means Ole will absolutely have to play him and Gomes on a regular basis not just EL games. I expect him on the bench Saturday

Its also complete bollocks. Up until the last minute, we were talking with Mandzukic who would have bee a Lukaku replacement.

So while this is a nice, positive thing to say and will boost Mason's confidence (good management, I admit), it is frankly a lie.

Kag

Mods should grow a pair and start cracking the whip on Ole-related smears.

Express disappointment at the window; discuss concerns about areas of the team and management; go for it. But to insult a bloke who was winning the biggest honours in European football for United before plenty of dickheads on here were born? Do one. Yet labelling Solskjaer a ‘yes man’ because he’s had the common sense not to act like a wanker and abuse his players days before the season starts seems to be fair game.

Grow a set, RedCafe.

R'hllor

That kind of advice would come from someone who never supported anything in his life.

Crashoutcassius

I see the logic as well, but ultimately I really think it’s going to bite us in the arse.

Imagine if Fergie had sold Ole and Teddy in summer ‘98 to allow for the development of Eric Nevland. Now I know that is an extreme example, but having multiple experienced strikers is what won us the treble.

If Rashford and Martial’s form turns to shit we are now going to be completely reliant on a 17 year old kid doing the business. The club is taking a huge risk imo.
imagine he had sold someone else for pique or pogba or whatever. imagine city didn't sign whoever took sanchos place. I think greenwood is sancho/ pogba level rather than nevland

Alabaster Codify7

I hope we fecking get a result on Sunday. I’ve now convinced myself that there are some positives going into the season after yesterday’s meltdown, just hope we can prove it on the pitch.

It’s all about Greenwood really. Could be the big story of our season.

And for a club of our size and stature, it is frightening that this could be the case.

Mason Greenwood is an untested 17yr old lad. The fact so much attention will be on him is complete madness. He should be a pleasant surprise, not the big story.

Pronewbie

Peep
Umm how about...

"I've got a great squad, the lads are fit and raring to go. At the highest level of football you always have to be pushing to improve, our competitors have all signed players to make their squads even more competitive and like all top clubs we're always planning and looking for the right kind of players; players who fit our system, want to play for us and most importantly will improve the level of the overall squad. All top footballers know this and they are only at the top level because they relish the challenge of playing amongst the very best and proving they are deserving of their place."

That would say;

- i support my current guys
- i'm always looking to improve
- it has to be the right people
- everyone has to earn their spot in our squad
This works for me.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Reading the transcript, you can definitely tell he's not happy with this transfer window. He's starting to sound incoherent with these pr answers he has to give which is sad to see. I wish we could know his true opinions instead.

Just hope we start well on Sunday because Ole is a nice guy and I would like to see him succeed.

JohnZSmith27

I honestly feel like Solskjaer is using fans nostalgia and trying to get people to make the SAF comparison in order to compensate for his 10 year mediocre record as a manager and get support. Basically the man is living off of SAF reputation and what SAF did trying to make people think he’s SAF 2.0.
Seriously?!

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.

Express disappointment at the window; discuss concerns about areas of the team and management; go for it. But to insult a bloke who was winning the biggest honours in European football for United before plenty of dickheads on here were born? Do one. Yet labelling Solskjaer a ‘yes man’ because he’s had the common sense not to act like a wanker and abuse his players days before the season starts seems to be fair game.

Grow a set, RedCafe.
Yep, let's start banning people for having different opinions on public forum. :rolleyes:

Oles contribution to Uniteds history as a player and as a manager are two completely unrelated matters.

No matter what he does here or doesnt will ever change his legendary "and Solskjaer has won it" moment.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Dont have time to keep debating all day. We handed new contracts to Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Mata and Young. All of those players should have either been sold or just let go. Because they are all on high wages and no one wants to buy them because of that and they are not good enough
There's no debate to be had. It's just your opinion that Smalling, Jones and Young should be sold. Solskjaer never said they would be, after the Everton game or otherwise.

Kag

Yep, let's start banning people for having different opinions on public forum. :rolleyes:

Oles contribution to Uniteds history as a player and as a manager are two completely unrelated matters.

No matter what he does here or doesnt will ever change his legendary "and Solskjaer has won it" moment.
I referred to insults regarding his character and motivations, which was apparent in my post. Clue up.

It’s rampant throughout the forum, too.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
And for a club of our size and stature, it is frightening that this could be the case.

Mason Greenwood is an untested 17yr old lad. The fact so much attention will be on him is complete madness. He should be a pleasant surprise, not the big story.
So was Giggs

Fooza

Got to really back him even though he's lying for the sake of being positive (I know deep down he knows the window could have been much better).

Really if he can get this team in a top 4 that will be a serious achievement cause I have no faith it will happen. Still think this team is far from being anywhere near top.

Bestietom

I think that Ole is disappointed that we couldn't get a couple more players over the line. Preparation needs to be done now for January window.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
There's no debate to be had. It's just your opinion that Smalling, Jones and Young should be sold. Solskjaer never said they would be, after the Everton game or otherwise.
Its actually the opinion of many more, i’d even say the majority of the posters here, to state that Rojo and Jones shouldnt be near a United shirt again. They are not world class, seeing them in a United kit wont make them miraculously world class either. Smalling is up for debate, he had good spells, but just lacks the football qualities a ‘modern’ defender ‘should’ have.

Iron Stove

"So Ole, are you happy with the squad?"

"No, they're all fecking shit, I can't believe we're going to start this season with this bunch of cnuts. That Pogba, well let's just say I agree with Ron Atkinson on that, Youngy is toss, Rashy couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo, and Anthony is a stroppy baguette eating French cnut. Phil Jones is a gurning Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime, Chris Smalling turns like C3PO, and Ed Woodward still drinks breast milk from his mums tit"

Would that make you more happy?
Brilliant :lol:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Its actually the opinion of many more, i’d even say the majority of the posters here, to state that Rojo and Jones shouldnt be near a United shirt again. They are not world class, seeing them in a United kit wont make them miraculously world class either. Smalling is up for debate, he had good spells, but just lacks the football qualities a ‘modern’ defender ‘should’ have.
The point is its just opinion. People somehow thought Solskjaer's words after Everton meant we'd be actively trying to sell the likes of Smalling, Jones and Young which was never going to be the case. Rojo and Darmian are a different story and clearly he knew Lukaku was likely to leave as well.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
9 pages for a press conference and yet, I don't see the details. State of the caf :lol:

So, when is the presser ?

fps

Grow a set, RedCafe.
I second this. A small but significant chunk of the forum seems very petulant and naive in their judgments.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
I referred to insults regarding his character and motivations, which was apparent in my post. Clue up.

Tbf no one can know his real motivations or what's he like as a person unless you know him personally, so what everyone here are doing is plain guessing.

He appears as someone who loves the club, is student of a game, but at the same time he said many thing in the past which he contradiced himself later so no wonder people vent their frustration even if it appears too harsh at the times.

I've also been overly critical of some of his actions (not clearing deadwood from the squad, going with the new contracts to Mata, Young, Rojo, Pereira when it's clear those players aren't good enough for United or ever will be) but that doesn't mean I hate him or want him to fail, just that I expect more of him as a manager of the club I've been supporting for over 20 years now. Moyes was inept, LVG too stuborn, Jose too toxic and Ole was like a breath of fresh air when he first took United. Seeing him going into the season thinking Lingard will suddenly become regular goal scorer, or that Sanchez can still bang 20 goals is borderline delusion which I hope won't back fire on him or United.

Apokalips

"So Ole, are you happy with the squad?"

"No, they're all fecking shit, I can't believe we're going to start this season with this bunch of cnuts. That Pogba, well let's just say I agree with Ron Atkinson on that, Youngy is toss, Rashy couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo, and Anthony is a stroppy baguette eating French cnut. Phil Jones is a gurning Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime, Chris Smalling turns like C3PO, and Ed Woodward still drinks breast milk from his mums tit"

Would that make you more happy?
Haha it probably would the way some are going on. We literally saw last summer how well it works out when the manager is a twat.

We need to strengthen, but too many people put too much stock into who "wins" the transfer windows.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Its also complete bollocks. Up until the last minute, we were talking with Mandzukic who would have bee a Lukaku replacement.

So while this is a nice, positive thing to say and will boost Mason's confidence (good management, I admit), it is frankly a lie.
Mason hasn't been playing upfront in pre season.

Would've made little difference.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Seriously?!
Well... look at all the SAF and nostalgia comments that people are making to defend Ole. And to be honest, Ole clearly encourages it as he knows playing on the promise of a return to the Fergie years is something that will keep naive people on side.

Let’s see how incompetent Ole is as a manager (so people don’t mistake professional criticism as personal attack) . It been clear that Lukaku was going since Ole became permanent manager. So Ole has had several months to identify targets. Yet on the last day club was trying to sign Mandzukic failed and now Ole uses the trust in youth thing.

We need a manager who at least knows where he is heading and isn’t lead by circumstances around him. Tbh with exception of defensive signings, everything else appears to be Ole just reacting to what other clubs throw at us.

R'hllor

Conclusion of this thread -> you are either a puppet or you do a JM and swing green and gold dick around, there is nothing in between. Same bullshit all over again, so fecking dumb.

JohnZSmith27

Well... look at all the SAF and nostalgia comments that people are making to defend Ole. And to be honest, Ole clearly encourages it as he knows playing on the promise of a return to the Fergie years is something that will keep naive people on side.

Let’s see how incompetent Ole is as a manager (so people don’t mistake professional criticism as personal attack) . It been clear that Lukaku was going since Ole became permanent manager. So Ole has had several months to identify targets. Yet on the last day club was trying to sign Mandzukic failed and now Ole uses the trust in youth thing.

We need a manager who at least knows where he is heading and isn’t lead by circumstances around him. Tbh with exception of defensive signings, everything else appears to be Ole just reacting to what other clubs throw at us.
So you've decided that people's comments on here regarding nostalgia are somehow Ole's plan? Sounds like tinfoil hat stuff to me.

Yeah Lukaku was always leaving and he addressed that earlier that he wants to bring Greenwood into the fold. That doesn't mean he can't look for an experienced player to be here for a couple of seasons if the price and wages are right. Obviously they weren't. Plus we have no idea when the possibility of signing Mandzukic became aware to the club. It literally could have just been mentioned when we were in discussions about Dybala.

I know we should have bought someone for the midfield but he addresses two gaping holes in the squad this summer at CB and RB. How is that reacting to what other clubs throw at us?

mancave bear

That would be the bare minimum, yes. No excuses, he's had enough time to implement his ideas now and the pitch on Sunday will have verified that. Drawing instead of winning here and there can be explained by not enough quality, style not so much.
No. He will still need this season and next, to implement our new playing style. He still has a lot of players that doesent fit our style, and it takes time to get the players as fit as the players at Liverpool and City.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Could you point us to one post that uses the word "nostalgia" as a defence of Ole?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Fair enough but that means Ole will absolutely have to play him and Gomes on a regular basis not just EL games. I expect him on the bench Saturday
There's an U23 game tonight so if there are any notable absences I think we can expect them to be with the first team.

Amarsdd

also inappropriate comments. I'm pretty sure I saw a mouthful of sausage joke somewhere.

Drawfull

Exactly. Some of these people haven't got a clue and makes me feel the level of footballing debate on here has regressed to alarming levels. I mean, it was never great but it's actually horrendous now. So many clueless people.

There was a time when transfer muppets used to be laughed at on here and were seen as a loud minority. Now, it's almost as if 95% of the forum are those same Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime that people used to laugh at.
I don't want to get dragged into a topred debate or accuse people of not being so etc, but I think how you came to follow United has a strong bearing how you might react if things are, say, less than ideal. As the club has grown over the last 30 years especially the fanbase has also grown exponentially, which for better or worse, means that many only know a culture of winning and expect nothing less. If you were forced to support us in the womb (holds up hand), then you've likely had the good and bad if you're old enough so perhaps can take a more reflective stance. Dunno.