Solskjær press conference vs Chelsea (H)

crossy1686

career ending
Would you all like Ole to get the sack now before the season begins? Who would you prefer as the new manager?
Not sure what you thought I said but I'm happy with Solskjaer. I think he should be given a couple of seasons to do anything before we consider sacking. The board are to blame for this mess, not the managers.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I can vaguely see the logic of not replacing Lukaku now. If he had got Llorente or Mandzukic then the temptation would be to put them on. Now if we need something or are winning comfortably or if he feels Rashford or Martial need a rest, he can bring Greenwood in and that can only be good for him.

IAN HEALY

Deadwood leaving will force Ole to play youth. 'Deadwood' won't be replaced if there's a mass exodus. Do fans want that : youth over experience?
Clearing the deadwood from the team would have provided catharsis for long suffering fans.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Think fans forgive a lot of failing if they are at least being entertained. It's his first full season when his style can be implemented. If things go well for him, then it is up to the club to build on any feelgood factor there is.
I think they will be more forgiving if they know that he's no yes man as well. Fans can be sympathetic to that. There's no need to be rude and destructive as Mou was. Just say he expected more support in the transfer window and end it there.

JustAGuest

This place will be on fire if we lose the first game. It's already in full meltdown mode.

Zlatattack

"So Ole, are you happy with the squad?"

"No, they're all fecking shit, I can't believe we're going to start this season with this bunch of cnuts. That Pogba, well let's just say I agree with Ron Atkinson on that, Youngy is toss, Rashy couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo, and Anthony is a stroppy baguette eating French cnut. Phil Jones is a gurning Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime, Chris Smalling turns like C3PO, and Ed Woodward still drinks breast milk from his mums tit"

Would that make you more happy?
Umm how about...

"I've got a great squad, the lads are fit and raring to go. At the highest level of football you always have to be pushing to improve, our competitors have all signed players to make their squads even more competitive and like all top clubs we're always planning and looking for the right kind of players; players who fit our system, want to play for us and most importantly will improve the level of the overall squad. All top footballers know this and they are only at the top level because they relish the challenge of playing amongst the very best and proving they are deserving of their place."

That would say;

- i support my current guys
- i'm always looking to improve
- it has to be the right people
- everyone has to earn their spot in our squad

MUFAN79

"So Ole, are you happy with the squad?"

"No, they're all fecking shit, I can't believe we're going to start this season with this bunch of cnuts. That Pogba, well let's just say I agree with Ron Atkinson on that, Youngy is toss, Rashy couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo, and Anthony is a stroppy baguette eating French cnut. Phil Jones is a gurning Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime, Chris Smalling turns like C3PO, and Ed Woodward still drinks breast milk from his mums tit"

Would that make you more happy?
:lol::lol:

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I can vaguely see the logic of not replacing Lukaku now. If he had got Llorente or Mandzukic then the temptation would be to put them on. Now if we need something or are winning comfortably or if he feels Rashford or Martial need a rest, he can bring Greenwood in and that can only be good for him.
I see the logic as well, but ultimately I really think it’s going to bite us in the arse.

Imagine if Fergie had sold Ole and Teddy in summer ‘98 to allow for the development of Eric Nevland. Now I know that is an extreme example, but having multiple experienced strikers is what won us the treble.

If Rashford and Martial’s form turns to shit we are now going to be completely reliant on a 17 year old kid doing the business. The club is taking a huge risk imo.

imamuppet

Pocchettino complained about how Spurs were conducting themselves in the transfer market and guess what? The skies didn't fall over. Actually it gave Spurs the kick at the backside needed to act.

If he's a yes man then he's part of the problem not part of the solution.
My God, do you even engage your brain before you post ?

If you cant understand my above comment without having someone explain it to you, then really, there is no longer any reason to give you the benefit of the doubt!

R'hllor

Those who show disrespect towards Ole in really awful manner can feck off, those who trying to defend something with extreme examples, you aint any better just different kind.

crossy1686

career ending
Those who show disrespect towards Ole in really awful manner can feck off, those who trying to defend something with extreme examples, you aint any better just different kind.
It's just those who were overly negative last season and will continue to be so because their expectations are out of touch with reality. Nothing will ever be good enough and it will always be someone else who can do the job better, no matter who the manager is...

Garethw

This place will be on fire if we lose the first game. It's already in full meltdown mode.
Chelsea is always a 50/50 game anyway. Losing to them is no disgrace.

As long as I can see cohesion and an actual playing style then I’ll be happy. Basically something that gives me hope that Ole knows what he’s doing.

If we continue where we left off at the end of last season, where we didn’t even look like we were being managed and just looked like 11 individuals rather than a team, then I will have a full on meltdown.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Hopefully Maguire & Wan-Bissaka will help to solidify us defensively and Maguire should also improve our distribution from the back. If both these factors are improved on, then in turn it will lead to improved positional play and general attacking threat. I think we lack quality in midfield, but I’d rather see us wait for the right signing or developing home grown players than panic buying some expensive foreign import.
This season will be hard, it will even be a challenge to keep teams like Wolves and Everton behind us in the league table. But I hope Ole is also judged by an improvement of the quality of football rather then solely on results.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
This can pretty soon easily get ugly.

Two bad results against Chelsea and Wolves and the media will remind him whenever they have an opportunity about our his previous comments. I don't like it but if we don't play well then I can't see him survive until next season. His yada yada type of answers isn't bad but they don't install courage and confidence. His approach works as a politician but I can't see him continue like this with United without creating frustrated feelings among large parts of the United nation. He don't have the charisma to rally the troops around a long term rebuilding process.

Kostov

fecking hell, best striker :lol:

The man was a running joke last season, ironically one of the reasons for this was because he couldn't run at all. The system will predominate as opposed to individual players, and Lukaku simply didn't fit the system.

We're well set in terms of numbers. Is there pressure on the likes of Rashford and Martial? Definitely, but this is the moment for them to either stick or twist.

In an ideal world, of course we'd have a midfielder or two and an established striker being brought in but unfortunately it didn't pan out that way. Shit happens. It's up to Ole to get on with it, rather than throw the baby out with the bath water and make things worse.

It's a good job the matchgoing fans have some semblance of sanity and understanding. If they matched the tone of the whoppers on here and on social media, the club would be finished.
What is so funny about that? He was absolute shit last season, like most of our squad as well. He was still better than anyone and as someone pointed out only Pogba scored one more goal while taking penalties.

Shit happens at Manchester United football club for the last 6 years pal, and that "good job" matchgoing fans you point out is part of the problem. There were also lots of them who booed and are unhappy with the way the club is being run. The club is horribly run from top to bottom, fans like you who always find a way to spin shit and tell how it could be better or worse are a much bigger problem than fans who actually are worried and are asking question of a management that is destroying a powerhouse like Manchester United/

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Every single person here who thought that Ole was going to, or remotely hoped he would be even a little bit critical of his players, need to sign up for reality school.

You're expecting the manager to talk down on his only available players. Right before the season opener of all things. After winning all 7 pre-season games on top of that.

What kind of absurdia reality do you inhabit?

settembrini

Good conference from Solskjaer. Hopefully this stops the nonsense that he hasn't been backed when he clearly has.

I also liked him saying that Greenwood is going to play 'a lot'. And that he called Sanchez a striker.

Garethw

They always are!

Bit confused re Sanchez. He says we signed no one to give Greenwood more chances, but is now saying Sanchez is seen as a striker?
He’s just covering for the ineptitude of Ed and his cronies.

It must be very difficult for Ole to bite his tongue.

buckooo1978

Good conference from Solskjaer. Hopefully this stops the nonsense that he hasn't been backed when he clearly has.

I also liked him saying that Greenwood is going to play 'a lot'. And that he called Sanchez a striker.
what makes you think he's been backed?

Jimmy_Bond

So Ole didn't come out and slag off the owners, the CEO, say that the current players are shit and that we're going nowhere?

Turns out he's not thick as the proverbial.

A significant portion of our fan base, on the other hand...

Kostov

More than last season, obviously. Which is hardly an outrageous claim, considering how many he scored in the previous one.
Yeah you are right, this year he could score 6 goals. Considering that the previous "great" season he had, he scored something like 1 goal from January the 2nd till the end of that season, I'm not very optimistic.

Cypriot

Every single person here who thought that Ole was going to, or remotely hoped he would be even a little bit critical of his players, need to sign up for reality school.

You're expecting the manager to talk down on his only available players. Right before the season opener of all things. After winning all 7 pre-season games on top of that.

What kind of absurdia reality do you inhabit?
I was hoping he might at least admit that he was a bit disappointed that we didn't get any more of his targets and also didn't replace Lukaku - I think the fans would have felt a bit better about the situation had he been honest and not just pretended like everything went as planned when it clearly didn't. I can imagine a lot now feel worse, thinking that us being bullied in the market is something our manager and club is okay with.

Talking down on his players is not something any manager should do publicly, especially since our pre-season was actually very good.