Solskjær press conference vs Crystal Palace (H)

Joseunited

Don't need to make any signings, happy with the squad I have blah blah blah.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
"We're focused on Saturday. Cannot speak about transfers, got a good group of players".

NJM78

I'm expecting happy with what we have, covid and we will always look to strengthen team etc.

pascell

"No value in the market"
"Jesse has been working hard in training, double, triple, quadruples sessions, like a new signing"
"Marcos learnt how to not cremate his toast, also like a new signing"
"Jonesy has peeled himself off the treatment table after half a season, great to see him, he looks motivated, like a new player"
"Aaron can now cross a ball to the striker, after his 10th attempt, improving everyday"

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Donny van de Beek impact
“He’s settled in really well, he’s a smashing boy, great personality coming in with loads of energy and a big smile every day and he played well against Aston Villa so you’re likely to see him, but of course I’m not gonna name the team here today, I’ll have to do that to the boys after training.”

Samid

Solskjaer's season hopes
“I think we can go into the new season with confidence with the way we finished last season, that showed what we’re capable of and we developed throughout the season and need to keep on and show potential. We need more consistency but with a year more experience we should be getting that consistency. It’s a group I don’t really want to say what they cannot do, they can go as far as they want themselves.”

Samid

Fan frustration on transfers
“Fans will always want the best possible team to watch, the best possible Man United team and that’s the passion we want and the history we have. We can look back 10 or 20 years and you look back at the great players we have and, for me, going forward, since Sir Alex left we’ve been averaging fifth, last season we got third which was a big step forward, everyone saw development, Bruno coming in, Harry being captain and showing leadership skills, Aaron did well, we want to take a step forward and we can go into the new season with confidence but we’re looking to give the group a boot and we’re working on it.”

Samid

Harry Maguire's attitude
“The process will keep on going, knowing Harry, he’s a very strong character and can put that apart but as a human being it’ll be in back of mind and apart from that you have to see how it develops. Personally I think he’ll be able to focus on his football but you can’t predict how people will react but he’s trained well, focused and hopefully that process will go on and is something that will go on the legal department over there.”

Samid

Solskjaer not happy with Mason Greenwood international involvement
“Yeah, of course I speak to Mason and I’ve spoken to Mason, what we speak about and discuss will be between the two of us. The kid had a fantastic season, he’s just come through, I’ve worked and the club have worked really hard to when we gave Mason enough time on the pitch, exposure in the media, then you come to the end of the season and we’ve had less than two weeks off and he’s called up, I tried my best to give him a rest over the summer, we asked specifically he should have had a rest, he needs it mentally and physically and first thing that happens he’s called up and right there in the press, we’ve done what we can to protect him, I’ve done what I can to help him, when he comes back into the daily routine he’ll be fine.”

pacifictheme

Fan frustration on transfers
“Fans will always want the best possible team to watch, the best possible Man United team and that’s the passion we want and the history we have. We can look back 10 or 20 years and you look back at the great players we have and, for me, going forward, since Sir Alex left we’ve been averaging fifth, last season we got third which was a big step forward, everyone saw development, Bruno coming in, Harry being captain and showing leadership skills, Aaron did well, we want to take a step forward and we can go into the new season with confidence but we’re looking to give the group a boot and we’re working on it.”
What about James?

"James was there, yep"

Samid

Jadon Sancho latest
“Of course, we’ve done some business with Donny, very happy delighted to get him in, an exceptional smashing lad that’ll give us something, I can’t say anything about other clubs’ players, can’t speculate. We understand to get further we need to develop what we have and strengthen the team but let’s wait and see if we manage to bring anyone in. I’ve been in dialogue with the club, we’re always discussing and let’s see if we can bring anyone in.”

Samid

Mason Greenwood in contention to feature vs Palace
“Yeah, he’s part of the group. With the testing and COVID protocols, he trained by himself for a little while and as soon as possible he’s a big part of this group, this is where he feels at home, not comfortable, we challenge him, got people looking after him, had a plan with him throughout the season and it worked really well. He needed a rest. I look at the interview and he’s talking about looking at this season when it’s over and it’s first day of new season, he’s an 18-year-old kid who needs managing.”

Samid

Goalkeeper dilemma
“I can’t, I’m not gonna tell you the team today but the training, goalkeeper training has been fantastic to watch, so enjoyable, highest possible quality you can imagine, I know goalkeeper coaches are enjoying working with them and the stuff they do, some of the stuff is fantastic and it’s gonna be an interesting, interesting thing for many to follow.

“I know it’s great to see Luis Enrique talk about David the way he did after internationals. Coaches who work with players have got the respect and he shows his respect, when he talks about it’ll be nice if press talk about what a great goalkeeper we have, and it’ll be great if the press write about but Sergio has not come back yet, he’s had some extra time, to write about not problems between the two of them but they’ve worked really well together.”

Samid

Midfield selection
“Of course the three of them can start together, you’ve got Scott McTominay, Fred and Nemanja Matic in midfield as well, it’s not just about three players in a squad, I’m sure we’ll see them together, not gonna tell you who it is but Luke and Paul are available for selection for how long.”

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Well done ole. You are starting to show some teeth

Samid

What attracted him to Van de Beek
“That was his first goal was for Ajax against Molde. We hadn’t really prepared for him too much because he was one of the young ones. He caught my eye. I saw a brave boy, but also someone who was clever with his movement. That has been his career with Ajax, he has developed and developed.

“I think we needed to add goals from midfield and he is one of those who will give us runs in from behind, and he adds to the squad really nicely.”

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Midfield selection
“Of course the three of them can start together, you’ve got Scott McTominay, Fred and Nemanja Matic in midfield as well, it’s not just about three players in a squad, I’m sure we’ll see them together, not gonna tell you who it is but Luke and Paul are available for selection for how long.
Is he speaking about their injury record?

snowkarl

What attracted him to Van de Beek
“That was his first goal was for Ajax against Molde. We hadn’t really prepared for him too much because he was one of the young ones. He caught my eye. I saw a brave boy, but also someone who was clever with his movement. That has been his career with Ajax, he has developed and developed.

“I think we needed to add goals from midfield and he is one of those who will give us runs in from behind, and he adds to the squad really nicely.”
Take a shot every time OGS says 'boy' or 'boys'. Dead within 15 minutes.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Jadon Sancho latest
“Of course, we’ve done some business with Donny, very happy delighted to get him in, an exceptional smashing lad that’ll give us something, I can’t say anything about other clubs’ players, can’t speculate. We understand to get further we need to develop what we have and strengthen the team but let’s wait and see if we manage to bring anyone in. I’ve been in dialogue with the club, we’re always discussing and let’s see if we can bring anyone in.”
The smile when he was answering this! Also, last sentence he started with "hopefully we will.." then changed to let's see if we will.

Sancho's coming home :drool:

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Great comments about the fans and transfer frustration. Also bang on about Mason. We spent all year hiding him from the press and then on his first England call up he does a 25 minute press conference. None of the European competition players should have been called up. It was ridiculous.

Adcuth

Donny van de Beek impact
“He’s settled in really well, he’s a smashing boy, great personality coming in with loads of energy and a big smile every day and he played well against Aston Villa so you’re likely to see him, but of course I’m not gonna name the team here today, I’ll have to do that to the boys after training.”
Played well against villa?

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
"he's talking about looking at this season when it's over. It was the first day of the new season. "

I didn't get this part. What did Mason say in press conference? Which season?

trafford1980

Our Ole has always had bite. Anyone and everyone who played with him said he’s a competitive fecker with a savage turn of phrase. Yet for some reason on this forum he’s seen by many as a Glazer shrill.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Ole doesn't deserve to inept board above him