Solskjær press conference vs Fulham (A)

cyberman

Fernandes drop in form?
“His form is very good, just voted Player of the Month. Not tired, no, no chance. He is one of the players that runs and covers the ground every single game, good at recharging his batteries, and if he scored his free-kick, if it just had a little air on the ball when Luke put the cross in he’d have been lauded as best player in Premier League again.

He’s been immense. He’s not tired and if I ask him he’ll say there’s no chance he’s tired. He’s expected to create goals, score goals and sometimes the margins are against him. That free-kick, thought that was in, some passes he plays are marginal, on or off, he’s always on the verge of creating something when he loses the ball and that’s what he’s been told to do, I want him to play the passes he sees.”
This last line answers a lot of questions on here.

Judas

Open to offers
A manager encouraging creativity and our players taking "risks" is what we've all been crying out for since Fergie. It's a very positive thing to read.

OleBoiii

Fernandes drop in form?
“His form is very good, just voted Player of the Month. Not tired, no, no chance. He is one of the players that runs and covers the ground every single game, good at recharging his batteries, and if he scored his free-kick, if it just had a little air on the ball when Luke put the cross in he’d have been lauded as best player in Premier League again.

He’s been immense. He’s not tired and if I ask him he’ll say there’s no chance he’s tired. He’s expected to create goals, score goals and sometimes the margins are against him. That free-kick, thought that was in, some passes he plays are marginal, on or off, he’s always on the verge of creating something when he loses the ball and that’s what he’s been told to do, I want him to play the passes he sees.”
What a delicious response in every single way. Particularly the bolded parts :drool:

romufc

What a delicious response in every single way. Particularly the bolded parts :drool:
Brilliant response, taking all the heat of the player onto himself.

You cannot tell a player to play passes early, play risky passes and then send him under the bus when in a few games it doesn't come off. That's why they are called risky passes. Not every footballer possess that ability to make those. We must appreciate the ones that do.

TheGame

Amad Diallo - first impression?
“Very good. He can handle the ball, he’s enjoyed training, makes a difference in training, which is quite remarkable at his age. Some adjustment to settle into the hustle and bustle of the Premier League but I can’t see it’s too long until he’s in the squad.
I should bloody hope so at that price!

Ludens the Red

Fernandes drop in form?

Hopefully this will bring an end to my recent pet peeve on the cafe of posters following every Bruno performance with “he looks knackered and needs a rest” regardless of what goes on during the game. Despite repeatedly covering more ground than everyone. Now Ole has told us all he’s fine.

Tony247

Next game till game 33 will decide the title for us. Stay focus. Play best 11 as much as possible, of course rotate them but don't disturb the balance now.

It's doable. I seriously think so. Cmon united.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hopefully this will bring an end to my recent pet peeve on the cafe of posters following every Bruno performance with “he looks knackered and needs a rest” regardless of what goes on during the game. Despite repeatedly covering more ground than everyone. Now Ole has told us all he’s fine.
There is such thing as mental fatigue too you know.

He might be running ok but his brain seems to dip a bit, we've seen that last year too.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Worried by top six record?
“Of course we’ve had some tight games against the teams around us this season, it’s gonna be tight. Tottenham are the only team around us who have beaten us, not conceded Chelsea, City, Liverpool. Built some defensive momentum and if you keep on winning the games we have done lately I think we’ve got a good chance of staying competitive towards the end.”
Shots fired to those over at Arsenal:lol::lol::lol:

DRM

Team news latest as two players ruled out
“Well, we’ve not got test results from COVID and it’s almost 30 hours ago, so hope we get them soon. Everyone trained this morning. Brandon and Phil Jones didn’t train and the rest were on the pitch.”
That's great I didnt even know you could do that! Phil Jones

Roane

I think people asking for Bruno to be rested in certain games or being subbed at say 60 minutes if we are winning is fair enough.

Spoke to a pro footballer once and rest doesn't have to be a whole match. Just managed where you get up to 60 minutes in some games is enough of a rest apparently. Think someone in commentary echoed this as well.

I'm glad Ole said about Bruno making passes he sees. I actually have argued (not on here as much) that the problem is we have players who have an eye for a pass or a quick flick or a give n go but their team mates aren't at their level.

I see this in mata and pogba and to a degree in VDB. What hinders them is lack of movement in front. So sometimes they hold the ball a little longer, pass back or the ball is taken up by the opposition because the player they wanted to make the run for the ball simply didn't.

VDB is one I see struggling with this most, as in his previous team he had players who were drilled a certain way so were on his level.

If I can ask folk to cast their mind back, Rooney's crossfield ball to valencia always looked hollywood. But in essence it was the simplist pass as valencia was always in that "zone" rooney didn't have to really think about it or even necessarily be accurate. He knew valencia was there and would run on to it.

Likes of mata are fantastic at this when they have the players around them. They don't need to be fast simply letting the ball.do the work and creating space with little flicks and balls around corners.

Our players have different skill sets. Mct and Fred have the energy and doggedness but can't create space the way say thiago did. Quick simple passes and into space to receive the ball.

0le

What kind of question is that ffs?
Yeah, I was thinking the same. Dreadful question.

Glad Ole said this:
" That free-kick, thought that was in, some passes he plays are marginal, on or off, he’s always on the verge of creating something when he loses the ball and that’s what he’s been told to do, I want him to play the passes he sees "

Good questions about Diallo and interesting comments. Difficult not to get caught up in the hype!

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
He’s apparently a sports and fitness teacher, not a geography one so he wouldn’t really know the answer to that
Not knowing the answer to this would be pretty embarrassing to anyone. Perfect question to ask on Ex on the Beach.

croadyman

He still needs some rest regardless of whether he is Traveller or not. He has played way too much football. We should start resting him for DVB when we face the likes of fulham
Yeah we should definitely be looking to rotate him & Rashford in these kind of games, obviously they shouldn't be left out completely but maybe just left on the bench because won't be many opportunities to do this

Tapori

Team news latest as two players ruled out
“Well, we’ve not got test results from COVID and it’s almost 30 hours ago, so hope we get them soon. Everyone trained this morning. Brandon and Phil Jones didn’t train and the rest were on the pitch.”
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That spoiler

croadyman

I am not gonna lie some of Ole's earlier pressers used to make me feel a bit meh but since we have got oursleves into the mix he has definitely starting talking with a lot more authority and intensity

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Are you enjoying being United manager?
“Of course I’m enjoying it, I wouldn’t do it if I didn’t and didn’t feel I was giving something back to the club, I can’t say there’s a lot I don’t enjoy.

I don’t enjoy leaving players out, it’s hard for big games, players who deserve to play, it’s a difficult job to tell them on Sunday they’re not in a job and on Monday they’re back in a job.

The chat to explain why they don’t play isn’t a good one because of reasons to play but that’s what I love about the job as well, working with human beings, to get the job of individuals so we can get the team together. “
Pointless question. Just trying to sound smart

dal

He still needs some rest regardless of whether he is Traveller or not. He has played way too much football. We should start resting him for DVB when we face the likes of fulham
I like the idea of it on paper but we don’t seem to score with out Bruno, we need him to play every game, his rest time can be when he’s subbed off or on.

It’s why we really need another creative player more than anything else like Grealish but I suppose I could settle for Maddison.

croadyman

I like the idea of it on paper but we don’t seem to score with out Bruno, we need him to play every game, his rest time can be when he’s subbed off or on.

It’s why we really need another creative player more than anything else like Grealish but I suppose I could settle for Maddison.
I am a massive fan of Grealish but looking at it balance wise Sancho would be the smart one as he plays on the RW

rednotled

Can a bird activate a speed camera?
Yes mate. I can personally attest to that fact, as my missus has been done by a speed camera twice in the last 24 months. And I can add to that 1 bus lane violation, a parking violation on a street and another parking violation in a local park. All in the 2 years.

Thank feck for lockdown eh?

So yeah, birds activate cameras for sure.

:D