Solskjær press conference vs LASK (A)

0le

Solskjaer asked about Gomes future
With Tahith we are very happy he sees his future here. We will give him the time he needs to develop, that is the same with Angel. We hope we can convince him he is a Man United player.
FINALLY a question about Gomes.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Solskjaer on whether United can win a trophy this season
The mindset is getting there, the focus is getting there. The squad we are building, yes Scotty wants to play but he also wants Nemanja to do well. It is not just him as well, and they all know it is the business end of the season. We are not giving out game time, you have to perform.

sp_107

I really wish Ole or SMT said, We played at Etihad stadium many times so we got used to playing in a stadium with empty stands with a wink ;)

Is that allowed in a conference like this ? Just imagine the outrage after that.

SirAnderson

I really wish Ole or SMT said, We played at Etihad stadium many times so we got used to playing in a stadium with empty stands with a wink ;)

Is that allowed in a conference like this ? Just imagine the outrage after that.
It's all sugar coated and politically correct unfortunately. No banter or anything.
Would love me some ufc pre match build up smack talk every now and then.

Seven Seas Sardines

Ole is certain there's no reason to test his players for coronavirus. Then a minute later claims that he'd understand if all competitions were postponed since it's such a serious matter.

Captain Contradiction

0le

Ole is certain there's no reason to test his players for coronavirus. Then a minute later claims that he'd understand if all competitions were postponed since it's such a serious matter.

Captain Contradiction
You can't physically test everyone..

Thepinhead

McTominay on competition between himself and Matic
Competition for places is so important. It can only breed a healthy environment and for myself you want to be one of the first on the team sheet. Nemanja is a great player and I can learn a lot from him.
Solskjaer on whether United can win a trophy this season
The mindset is getting there, the focus is getting there. The squad we are building, yes Scotty wants to play but he also wants Nemanja to do well. It is not just him as well, and they all know it is the business end of the season. We are not giving out game time, you have to perform.
Interesting quotes from both of them. So far Mctominay has played the number 8 role but both are kinda saying that Matic is the one Mctominay is going to battle it out with and he is more a 6.

Maybe Ole sees Mctominay in the more defensive role in the future and then Fred and Pogba as 8 and Bruno as 10. It does seem like something they have talked about. It will be hard for Mctominay to get much gametime if Pogba stays and starts playing to his level and Fred continues his form. So Mctomimays best chance is probably to claim that DM role.

Ivor Ballokov

Captain Contradiction
Seven Seas Sardines takes two statements that aren't contradictory and tries to score points.

Captain Comprehension.

Slik

Captain Contradiction
How does those two statements contradict? One is talking about his players and the other is about the general public. His players can all be free of corona virus and all competitions can still be postponed due to fans or other teams contracting the virus. Your comprehension is so weird dude. Or you just wanted to find Fault with what he said? Shaking my head

SteveW

I had high hopes on Pogba making it for tomorrow. Looks like he won’t :mad:

If Dalot is injured again, it’s really worrisome for his future and development here. He plays in one game and then does not feature in the next ten
Laird will be miles better anyway. I'd argue he already is. Dalot looks like the odd man out tbh.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Captain Contradiction
The club is following the advice of the NHS. The clubs players have been near or in contact with anyone who has contradicted or is quarantined with the Coronavirus and has thus not burdened the public health system with having the players needlessly checked over other more urgent patients who DO have symptoms of a cold.

The club also aknowledges, like most sane people on the planet, that this is a very deadly illness for those in society who are of advanced age, newborn children and otherwise immunocompromised.

So yes, it IS a very serious matter. If i get the virus, I will be fine, 99.999% certain. I'm at my peak physical condition and in excellent health. If my grandmother who is 85 and in frail health gets it she is at very serious risk of not making it if she develops severe resporatory symptoms..

Due to the immense precautions being taken, people flooding the helplines asking for advice, and general stress of he infrastructure in term of healthsupply, there is absolutely no need to add to the problem unless there is cause to. If any of the clubs player develops as much as a sniffle, the entire club will be quarantined immediately until a test result is available.

Spaghetti

Mom's

Captain Contradiction
What on earth are you talking about?

There’s not anything contradictory about that. Furthermore, as far as I’m aware Ole has no history of contradiction.

Bestietom

The club is following the advice of the NHS. The clubs players have been near or in contact with anyone who has contradicted or is quarantined with the Coronavirus and has thus not burdened the public health system with having the players needlessly checked over other more urgent patients who DO have symptoms of a cold.

The club also aknowledges, like most sane people on the planet, that this is a very deadly illness for those in society who are of advanced age, newborn children and otherwise immunocompromised.

So yes, it IS a very serious matter. If i get the virus, I will be fine, 99.999% certain. I'm at my peak physical condition and in excellent health. If my grandmother who is 85 and in frail health gets it she is at very serious risk of not making it if she develops severe resporatory symptoms..

Due to the immense precautions being taken, people flooding the helplines asking for advice, and general stress of he infrastructure in term of healthsupply, there is absolutely no need to add to the problem unless there is cause to. If any of the clubs player develops as much as a sniffle, the entire club will be quarantined immediately until a test result is available.
Your right, I have to stop travelling over to games now, I had a quadruple heart bypass in 2017 and also have Diabetes, so my doctor advised me to stop travelling, until next season at least. I'm 69 now but still keep myself fairly fit, but I'm in that danger zone because of my age and health matters.

Last edited:

choccy77

With an empty stadium tonight, we will be able to hear Ole shouting, "run you fat ba**ard" at Luke Shaw.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Captain Contradiction
If your players aren't showing symptoms why test them?

Is there some sort of higher medical standard for athletes or do you just not like Ole?

lysglimt

Scout

Captain Contradiction

I must applaud you - this could possibly be the most bizarre post I have ever read here - and trust me, you have had competition! :)

tjb

Interesting quotes from both of them. So far Mctominay has played the number 8 role but both are kinda saying that Matic is the one Mctominay is going to battle it out with and he is more a 6.

Maybe Ole sees Mctominay in the more defensive role in the future and then Fred and Pogba as 8 and Bruno as 10. It does seem like something they have talked about. It will be hard for Mctominay to get much gametime if Pogba stays and starts playing to his level and Fred continues his form. So Mctomimays best chance is probably to claim that DM role.
What you just said means that is Fred who should be worried. It's something I have always suspected. This essentially confirms it. McTominay as a 6, Pogba as an 8. Even if Pogba does leave, his replacement would be an 8 and would take Fred's, and not Mctominay's place.

Hoof the ball

McTominay not phased by odd atmosphere
Obviously we've already played versus City at the Etihad, so it won't be a big shock to us to play in front of no fans.

Thepinhead

What you just said means that is Fred who should be worried. It's something I have always suspected. This essentially confirms it. McTominay as a 6, Pogba as an 8. Even if Pogba does leave, his replacement would be an 8 and would take Fred's, and not Mctominay's place.
Depends if we are playing a diamond. I really like Fred so I sure hope we aren't putting him on the bench unless to rest him.