Solskjær press conference vs Leicester

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Latest on De Gea contract
Er... I want David to stay here, he knows that and David’s the best goalkeeper in the world, we’ve seen that over the years and I hope I can make sure he’ll finish his career at Man United at the highest level. There’s been loads of talks, lots of discussions between David and the club and hopefully we can get it done.

Samid

Pogba ruled out
Pogba won’t be fit, no, unless he’s had a miraculous recovery overnight from yesterday to today or tonight to tomorrow, he’s not been ready to do 100% training, no.

Samid

How has Maguire settled in?
I think he’s been brilliant, I think he’s come into the dressing room, been a leader, he’s also a leader on the pitch and I’m sure he’s looking forward to playing against his old team. Now he’s here he’s gonna be a big part of the future of this club, we’ve watched him enough to know he’s the guy we wanted that’s why we spent the money we did on him. Leicester didn’t wanna lose him, but when you look at Michael Carrick the other night there’s a ball playing centre back! Maybe they could play together the two of them. But he’s in bits now, Carras.

Samid

Lack of leaders, Maguire future captain?
He’s a definitely a character and personality that can be captain of a big club, in the dressing room he’s a leader both y performances, stature and behaviour, he’s a character you’d like to follow, some are technical leaders, some are leaders by voice, he’s got the lot.

Samid

Martial latest
Well we hope more can be ready for West Ham next week and Paul and Anthony are in that category, I think they’ll be ready for then and can’t say more than that really.

Samid

James closing in on Solskjaer scoring record
He’ll only play the first minute and he’s off! I don’t think you can say that, you can see the potential. When you’re scouting him, when I spoke to Giggsy, I’m not surprised, he’s come in and when you score in your first performance at Old Trafford you get confidence and he’s been great for us, there’s more to come, he’s got that X factor with his pace, explosivity in and around the box, he’s been practising right foot left foot and he’ll score more goals.

Pennywise

Just as well we had a great transfer window... Seriously just shows up what a complete shambles the summer was

Samid

Scholes says United have no chance in league next two years
Paul knows what it is to be a Man United player and looking at the difference between us and City and Liverpool last year you don’t expect us to challenge straight away.

But he can see things are going in the right direction, I’m sure, and we feel we’re on the right track.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Martial injury didn't look that serious, ffs. So Matic, Young, and maybe Rojo will start

Samid

Players need to step up
Well, you’ve got players who can come in with loads of experience, Juan (Mata), Nemanja (Matic) and Ash (Young) who didn’t start the first game and ave got to step up and the average age might go up.

:(

Madzik_92

Scholes says United have no chance in league next two years
Paul knows what it is to be a Man United player and looking at the difference between us and City and Liverpool last year you don’t expect us to challenge straight away.

But he can see things are going in the right direction, I’m sure, and we feel we’re on the right track.
With this manager and current board we won't be challenged anything for years to come. Unless we change first. We still can if we want to

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Martial latest
Well we hope more can be ready for West Ham next week and Paul and Anthony are in that category, I think they’ll be ready for then and can’t say more than that really.
Just as well we dont have a game before the West Ham one then isn't it... oh wait :(

TrueRed79

So pretty much this:

Rashford
James Mata Greenwood
Matic McTominay
Rojo Maguire Lindelöf Young
deGea​
Haha, that's abysmal if we end up lining up like that. Well if you fail to invest adequately you'll eventually end up fielding a team that on paper looks awful. Let's see how they perform. Not hopeful but you never know...

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Ole's struggled to get any sort of results with everyone fit, despite some better underlying performances recently.

cptkeane1993

The team should be closer to that which beat PSG away. Underdog status, when pundits expect us to drop points in this game, might just work in our favour

SteveW

So pretty much this:

Rashford
James Mata Greenwood
Matic McTominay
Rojo Maguire Lindelöf Young
deGea​
That's grim. It will be worse when Andreas starts ahead of Greenwood. Ed has caused this mess by not backing Ole this summer. Fuvking joke.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Suspect Pereira on the right. But otherwise, yes.
Think it'll be a 4-3-3.

Mata right, James left, CM of Matic/Pereira/Mctominay.

Leicster play that way so I imagine we will want to match them up. Can't see us winning the midfield battle though.

Chilwell will have a field day running away from Mata.

ants7

Wow, this game could potentially expose so much about our club (what many of us know already, tbf)... Very interesting to see how Ole can react to this situation.

Jonno

We have had 5-10 injured players mid-season for years now.

It's like Ole and Ed didn't see it coming.

Our transfer window of 7-8 out and 3 in, just not good enough. It was admirable of Ole to try ship the dead-wood out, but failure to bring in any central midfielders is simply not good enough.

RedDevilRoshi

Just highlights what an awful summer we had. The players we let go, I don’t really care about but not bringing in any replacements was always going to be criminal and it now shows.

Just really hope these players that step in prove me and everyone else wrong but it’s very damn concerning.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Our injury record the last few years has been shocking. We've just felt cursed as a club since Fergie retired.

de Gea
Young Lindelof Maguire Rojo
McTominay Matic
Pereira Mata James
Rashford​
Bare Bones FC

Ole won't start Greenwood or Gomes, don't get your hopes up.

Jonno

You think that Ed decided to sell Lukaku and Alexis?
No, but he wasn't quick enough off the mark at signing a replacement.

Going in for Dybala and then pulling out of Dybala, it's not a structured transfer strategy is it? "oh well have a pop for this no 10 because he's on the market but if we don't get him, we don't need a no 10".

It's not good enough. You either need to sign a number 10 or you don't.