Solskjær press conference vs Milan (A)

LoneStar

Hope behind the scenes Ole is having words with Cavani. We can't keep allowing players and their associates to talk smack about the club. If a player wants a move they can do it without talking shite to the media and stirring up issues.
What did I miss, Cavani say something ?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Rashy out vs AC Milan
“I don’t think he’ll be available for tomorrow. Didn’t train today. Normally very optimistic but think he is out of tomorrow night and a doubt for the weekend.”
Solskjaer
Minimum 7 - 10 days for an ankle injury like that. Let's hope he doesn't need more.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
But does Cavani? Because if Ole wants to speak to him in a language he doesn't know, surely Norwegian would be easier...
People who speak Spanish and Portugese understand eachother.

Edit: Better than someone who speaks bad English atleast ;)

Last edited:

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
How important is trophy this season?
“Of course you are expected to win trophies at this club. It is really important. We are playing for three competitions.”
Maguire
£1000 says Simon Stone asked this question. Guy doesn't know how to ask anything else.

Something about how he was disappointed with the way the FA sanction was handled by the club, and that he'd want to play with Boca Juniors next year.
His dad made some comment along the lines of the club didn't support Edi over the "racism" thing and hung him out to dry.
Ah ok, yeah fair enough. The club did shit on him a bit there but that said, they really has no choice in today’s World, especially since every idiot and his dog would have compared it with Liverpool supporting Suarez despite it being nothing alike.

Away presser

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Solskjaer is joined by Marcus Rashford and the first question is for him:

Rashford on Tomorrow's Game
"It's a massive game for us and I'm feeling positive and optimistic. The first performacne showed can can do well in difficult conditions and now we go to the San Siro. We're
looking to have a dominant display."

Samid

Rashford on shoulder injury
"To be honest, I just focus on the next game in and and that's how I deal with it. "What's needed after, we'll deal with then and I'll focus on being available for the team."

Samid

Rashford on his workloads
"Every single year is different. As players we just give ourselves the chance to do well, going into the game as posisitve as possible, even when you're fatigued.

"That's the menatlity the manager has brought and we just go forward with that."

Samid

Rashford asked about cup record
After United were beaten in three semi-finals last season, Rashford was asked what winning the Europa League would mean...

"That's the aim from when we unfortunately got kicked out of the Champions League. Anything else than winning the Europa League we won't be happy with. We're going to do our absolute best."

Samid

Rashford : 'I have no fears going into games'
"I know my body and what I can do physically. I take one game at a time. It's the life of a footballer, we can rest when we retire. I want to play as many games as I can. I have no doubts or fears going into games."

Samid

Solskjaer on Pogba, VDB and team news
"There's a couple we need to assess. Martial is a definite no-go, others we need to speak and decide when we travel, still needing to confirm whether they're available."

"There's always speculation here. They've been involved with the training session. Let's see tomorrow whether there's any reaction or not. Donny has been working really hard to get back available for the latter stages of the season now. That's our focus."

More on injuries and De Gea
"Shola [Shoretire] will be playing for the Under-23s, so we felt that was right for him. Eric [Bailly] is being assessed.

"And with regards to the decision-making on what team we're going to play, let's see how everyone feels tomorrow."

Samid

Solskjaer on San Siro
"I think I only played once in a friendly in San Siro. I was usually a spectator.

"When it's full it's an amazing place to play. Unfortunately we're going to be playing in a very different atmosphere. We're going to familiarise ourselves with the stadium tonight, have a little walk around."

Samid

Solskjaer on Dalot future
"The plan was always for Diogo this season, the main thing was him to be fit. He never managed to be fit for a long spell when he was here, unfortunate with injuries.

"He's now playing for a big club, he's been available for them, so it's been a good year for him. I've been very pleased with his development this season. He's our player and we're looking forward to having him back."

Samid

Solskjaer on United progress
"When you see the culture here, I see progress every day.

"It's for others how much to assess there's been an improvement. We're all aiming to win trophies at this club, but sometimes the trophy can hide other things that are happening at the club. It's in the league positions that you see whether you're progressing, really. The cups you can be lucky or unlucky. Of course we're aiming to win, that's why you play football."

Samid

Solskjaer on Cavani
"Edinson has trained for a couple of days now and we're still assessing him. When he's in and around the club, his experience and influence on others is great. He always tries to help everyone.

"And when it comes to a game, the lads look to him. Hopefully there's no reaction to the training he's had and he'll be available."

Samid

Solskjaer on Milan tie
"We saw the game last week and how difficult it's going to be. A physical side, loads of energy and good quality in the team. We need to perform at our best level to go through. We've never been too lucky with draws since I've been here!

"Tomorrow night is going to be about loads of things: quality, experience, game management, a good start of course. I always enjoy being away from home in the second leg, that means so much more when you score a goal."

Samid

Cup success and what it would mean
"I felt a big rebuild had to be made. The league is always the bread and butter and that's when you see how capable you are.

"The cups are sometimes an ego thing for managers and clubs. It's not like a trophy will say 'we are back', no. It's gradual progression at the top of the league. Sometimes the cup competitions can hide your progress a bit.

Samid

Last bit from Solskjaer
"Every manager wants to win every game and we want to fight on every front. Then it comes to a point in every season when it's: 'okay we cant achieve this' and you sometimes might sacrifice the league position to get a cup run at the end.

"I haven't been here and felt we can down-prioritise any game yet. The players need to learn to cope with all the pressures and the expectations. You end up with trophies if you're consistent enough anyway."

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Rashford injured and out of our two most important games of the season so far and you still get people defending him not making a sub against west ham.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
It's not like a trophy will say 'we are back', no. It's gradual progression at the top of the league. Sometimes the cup competitions can hide your progress a bit.
The players need to learn to cope with all the pressures and the expectations. You end up with trophies if you're consistent enough anyway.
He's saying the right things here.

For me, he usually does.

But...and so forth.

Still, it's nice to see that he knows what it's all about - and unless he's a sheer bullshit merchant (which I don't think he is), he is working towards coming good on "the expectations". Which ain't a semi-decent top four finish somewhere hopelessly behind City - and a Mickey Mouse trophy. He knows this - I really think so.

Whether he's able to deliver according to those same expectations is an entirely different question. But Ole isn't happy to do an Arsenal - I doubt that very much.

OleBoiii

Reaction to Haaland record
“It was just a matter of time before he scored more goals than me in the Champions League.

Not many more superlatives to use. Whatever I want to say i will say in Norwegian directly to him.
Solskjaer
Oh it's so on!

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Who said he's injured?
Rashy out vs AC Milan
“I don’t think he’ll be available for tomorrow. Didn’t train today. Normally very optimistic but think he is out of tomorrow night and a doubt for the weekend.”
Solskjaer

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Cavani out now. Guessing something like:
Henderson
Wan Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Shaw
McTominay Fred
James Bruno Pogba
Greenwood
If Pogba isn't fit to start, then either Telles left wing in a 3-5-2, or Amad starting and James to the left.