Solskjær press conference vs Palace (A)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Rashford receiving honorary degree
“We’re so proud of Marcus and I’ve said it a few times, great person he is and great human being. He cares so much about others than himself, the work he’s done, he cares so much more about others than himself. Very proud of him and hopefully he’ll keep his personality for the rest of his life and be himself.”

Samid

Shaw and Williams injury update
“Luke has got, well, a swollen ankle, I’ll give him as much time as possible to recover, it was a twisted ankle, Brandon cut up his eye, I don’t really know, none of them trained yesterday, they were both swollen and I’ll give them as much time as possible to let the swollen go away.”

Samid

Squad rotation?
"The team selection for Thursday is based on Thursday not Sunday, Sunday is irrelevant, does not come into my head at all, just Thursday. There were a couple of doubts before the Southampton game but they all reported fit on the day and hopefully we can give them time now not to leave players out because of injury but there might be one or two fresh legs coming in."

Samid

How have players responded to first setback since restart
“Keep on doing what we’ve been doing, trust yourselves, you’re at a club where it always boils down to the last couple of weeks of the season, we’ve done fantastic since we restarted, had a great run, a little bit of a setback is a test for mentalities.”

Samid

Admiration for Woy
“Unbelievable, I do admire him a lot, two things: you must be good at what you’re doing and like. Roy has shown us all the young brigade what it takes to be at the top, he’s been in Norway, Finland, Denmark, Inter, Liverpool, so many top clubs and still looks very young and fresh, admire him a lot and it’s great to talk to him, them little golden nuggets when you discuss with managers of that experience.”

Samid

Anthony Martial form
“It’s great when you’re a striker scoring goals, on top of your game, fit and strong, Mason has come into the frame and not looked back since restart and fantastic to see them on training ground, it’s 'is he in better position or am I able to finish', team players all very positive.”

Samid

Opinion on City’s successful ban appeal and FFP
“I think other people can debate that and want to debate that I don’t think that’s my job, my job is to focus on the next game and do the right things. With FFP it was brought into keep football clubs financially sustainable and that’s important and they give us rules, that’s what we’re focusing on and let other people discuss the rights and wrongs.”

Mcking

Squad rotation?
"The team selection for Thursday is based on Thursday not Sunday, Sunday is irrelevant, does not come into my head at all, just Thursday. There were a couple of doubts before the Southampton game but they all reported fit on the day and hopefully we can give them time now not to leave players out because of injury but there might be one or two fresh legs coming in."
No James and McTominay, and I reckon we will be fine.

Samid

Martial ambitions
“He’s definitely developing, improving and enjoying his football, he’s stepped it up this season as an individual and more as a team player, and physically.

I remember there were talks about our forwards last season being the least active and there were stats flying around but Anthony is now working really hard for the team and he is a quality, quality finisher.”

Samid

The best United side since Sir Alex Ferguson?
“That’s not my job to say but we’ve played some good football, enjoyable football. We’re privileged to play for this great club and there’s a certain expectation of how we play football and we’re getting closer to that type of team.”

Siorac

Opinion on City’s successful ban appeal and FFP
“I think other people can debate that and want to debate that I don’t think that’s my job, my job is to focus on the next game and do the right things. With FFP it was brought into keep football clubs financially sustainable and that’s important and they give us rules, that’s what we’re focusing on and let other people discuss the rights and wrongs.”
Good, don't get dragged into that debate.

Samid

Solskjaer asked about United's defensive woes
“I think we’ve had a couple of things against teams that show we’re improving all the time.

I think we can defend well at times, when you say defence I look at the whole XI that is playing, because we start pressing from the front. There are not many teams that create chances against us since the restart, we’ve pressed high with Marcus, Anthony, Mason and Bruno and at the back end we have David who made a fantastic save the other day, it’s a different type of game for him now.

Of course disappointed to concede a goal in the last seconds but that happens. Brandon was off, playing with 10 men, Southampton have players who are 7ft tall, great delivery by Ward-Prowse but very, very pleased with development in the whole team.”

Samid

People want rotation but don't want to see James/McTominay who are the main rotational players we have along with Fred. Who do you want then? Mata? Pereira? Lingard?

Mcking

People want rotation but don't want to see James/McTominay who are the main rotational players we have along with Fred. Who do you want then? Mata? Pereira? Lingard?
I don't want rotation, unless the ones that started against Southampton can't play. James doesn't offer a lot more than Mata and Pereira.

IrishMcD

I certainly do not want to see James start. I think it's the defence and midfield that looked shattered against Southampton. I think the front three have been subbed off early enough in most games that they are still looking fresh. So first of all, I don't think there is a need to change the front three. If there was a need to, I would much rather start Igahlo and move Martial wide if you wanted to rest Greenwood or Rashford. Not ideal moving an in form Martial, but better than bringing in James who is, in my opinion, awful and a liability. And yes, I would rather start Mata than James.

DCP

Definitely no rotation.

Dan James shouldnt be anywhere near the squad, he was bought in to do one job the other night and failed.

Only potential is at left back - hopefully Shaw is back fit.

Siorac

I wouldn't be against seeing Fred instead of Matic though it's a gamble. But Fred has been really good for most of the season.

fps

Think we may see Fred in and Mata in for Greenwood. Just hope one of Williams and Shaw is fit.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
As long as James, Pereira or Lingard don't play we'll be fine.

All 3 should be let go in the summer. Sancho and Grealish can replace them. Absolute dead food the 3 of them.

Glorio

Think we may see Fred in and Mata in for Greenwood. Just hope one of Williams and Shaw is fit.
Honestly, I'm unsure Mata has added much when I've seen him recently, and given he's not renowned for being a defensive workhorse, I'd hope he doesn't come in for Greenwood

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Neymar, De Bruyne and Mbappe.

At least that's what I assume every single poster who is upset if we drop points but wanted team rotation anyway.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I expect Fred to start at LB, Shaw isn't coming back from a swollen ankle in 3 days. Williams you'd expect to be out on concussion grounds.

I'd start McTominay over Matic to give him a break.

I tend to agree about James, but I think he's got to start to give Greenwood a break.

fps

Honestly, I'm unsure Mata has added much when I've seen him recently, and given he's not renowned for being a defensive workhorse, I'd hope he doesn't come in for Greenwood
I share the concerns but the chink of light for me is the quick interplay I’ve seen between him and Bruno a few times when they’ve shared the pitch.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not to mention he'll be directly against Patrick Van Aanholt who is a rampaging left back. Mata would be giving him a free ride to attack the whole half!

It's james or Greenwood.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
“I think we’ve had a couple of things against teams that show we’re improving all the time.

I think we can defend well at times, when you say defence I look at the whole XI that is playing, because we start pressing from the front. There are not many teams that create chances against us since the restart, we’ve pressed high with Marcus, Anthony, Mason and Bruno and at the back end we have David who made a fantastic save the other day, it’s a different type of game for him now.

Of course disappointed to concede a goal in the last seconds but that happens. Brandon was off, playing with 10 men, Southampton have players who are 7ft tall, great delivery by Ward-Prowse but very, very pleased with development in the whole team.”
Wasn't their goalscorer about 4 foot tall ? :lol:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I would rather see Bruno and Pogba run into the ground.

Our squad players just aren't good enough. Its that simple. Solksjaer is doing what he can with a thin squad. Hopefully we can sell 6,7 players this summer and bring better in. The Norwich game, last night, everything we saw before February, it shows when you take one or two players out of our team we crumble. Liverpool can beat Barcelona with f'n Origi filling Salah's boots. Our squad depth is shallow by comparison.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

I think he's right that we don't really concede that many chances, the ones we do concede are generally from mistakes. This might be confirmation bias on my part but, after the restart, every time we concede a "good" chance it does seem to end up being a goal.

NorLogs

Wasn't their goalscorer about 4 foot tall ? :lol:
Not a tall figure no, however he did use his foot to poke that one in, not really what's being talked about here.

Bednarek, who got the assist on their equaliser, is 1.9 meters (acc. to wikipedia). Would advise you to see their 2-2 goal, and then decide if that was worth calling out.

Edit: Also, why are you guys wumming about possible starters already? Seems a bit counterintuitive to the recent feeling around the club.

Cheers

ShinjiNinja26

Shaw and Williams injury update
“Luke has got, well, a swollen ankle, I’ll give him as much time as possible to recover, it was a twisted ankle, Brandon cut up his eye, I don’t really know, none of them trained yesterday, they were both swollen and I’ll give them as much time as possible to let the swollen go away.”
Sounds more ominous than what the Times were reporting that they should both be fine for the Palace game. Hopefully just precautionary and Ole’s not giving too much away and they’ll be alright.

Red00012

Some people want Fred left back :wenger: