Solskjær press conference vs Southampton (A)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The United manager has arrived at Carrington.

Potential talking points:
  • Alexis Sanchez' loan move and other potential departures
  • Who will take the next penalty?
  • Preview the Europa League draw which takes place later on in the day
  • Extent of Shaw and Martial's injuries
  • Greenwood to be unleashed?

Samid

Solskjaer issues Shaw and Martial injury update
They’re doing okay but they won’t be involved in this game.

After the international break, hopefully Anthony will be ready for the Leicester game and Luke maybe another week or two after that.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Young at LB for all of September :drool:
It was inevitable wasn't it. Even when replaced at RB you just knew Shaw would get injured and Young would still get games :mad:

Samid

Smalling latest
It’s just come up the last couple of days, this opportunity for Chris. Of course we sat down yesterday and discussed it. At the moment we’ve got six fit centre-backs. I couldn’t promise Chris regular football. He’s on the plane over now and I think he’ll enjoy the experience over there.

Samid

Darmian and Rojo
I can see maybe Matteo going. There has been some interest in him, Marcos is staying definitely. We have a squad now which is less in numbers but still big enough and strong enough.

Samid

Ibrahimovic?
If he was 28 not 38, it is a big difference. He had a great time here and he is still doing well. Who knows! He knows my number. If he is serious I’ll always talk to Zlatan.

Samid

Defensive record
We hope to go down there and look stronger at the back. It is something which we have always needed.

Samid

More on Ibrahimovic
I don’t think that’ll happen, no. I think he has had his time at the club. I wouldn’t expect him to be serious.

Samid

Decision to let Sanchez leave
I think Alexis needed to go. It has not really worked out for him, for him as well. It will only benefit everyone.

I’m trusting Marcus, Anthony, Mason to be our centre forwards. We’ve got loads of options and for me it is time for our boys to feel the pressure. It is something which we are looking forward to.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Decision to let Sanchez leave
I think Alexis needed to go. It has not really worked out for him, for him as well. It will only benefit everyone.

I’m trusting Marcus, Anthony, Mason to be our centre forwards. We’ve got loads of options and for me it is time for our boys to feel the pressure. It is something which we are looking forward to.
I know he said what he said because he had to say it but this is a complete 360 from what Ole said last week

Zoo

Lingard needs to 'feel the pressure' too as does Ole about dropping him.

Thiagoal

His comments on Mason are a little concerning! Surely at his age playing time is essential. Don’t know why he isn’t starting games for the U23’s rather than being given 10 minutes now and then

acnumber9

I know he said what he said because he had to say it but this is a complete 360 from what Ole said last week
Did people ever really believe all the positive thing he says? The actions speak louder than words. There’s no way he believes this current squad is good enough or that our attacking options are good enough.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
His comments on Mason are a little concerning! Surely at his age playing time is essential. Don’t know why he isn’t starting games for the U23’s rather than being given 10 minutes now and then
How are they concerning? I can normally at least understand the outrage.

rotherham_red

If it doesn’t happen against such a weak side, it probably doesn’t happen ever.
Southampton are not weak. There isn't a weak side in the prem right now, every side can give the other a scare, and I include City and Liverpool in that as well

Thiagoal

How are they concerning? I can normally at least understand the outrage.
Well I don’t think the odd ten minutes here and there will benefit Mason in any way! He’s said he’s not used to ‘not playing every week’ implying it’s affecting his performances! He may as well play the U23 games to get himself in the groove again and can still be on the bench for his 5 minute cameos

Member 39557

What comments?

jackal&hyde

Smalling latest
It’s just come up the last couple of days, this opportunity for Chris. Of course we sat down yesterday and discussed it. At the moment we’ve got six fit centre-backs. I couldn’t promise Chris regular football. He’s on the plane over now and I think he’ll enjoy the experience over there.
Exactly as i thought. Ole did not want to get rid asap but Smalling was rightfully relegated to 3ed if not 4th choice and did not like that. Good move for both parties.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Martial is injured... he said he was cover. He’s going to get a whole game to take his chance

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just a little!

One week - looking good, he'll be included more and more going forward

This week - yeah he needed to go!

Ban

Well I don’t think the odd ten minutes here and there will benefit Mason in any way! He’s said he’s not used to ‘not playing every week’ implying it’s affecting his performances! He may as well play the U23 games to get himself in the groove again and can still be on the bench for his 5 minute cameos
He said he counts on him as a striker, so where's the concerning part exactly?

fergiesarmy1

Martial is injured... he said he was cover. He’s going to get a whole game to take his chance
Won’t we just go with Rashford up top and pack the midfield with our goal scoring threat from there? :nervous:

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
We are massively weakened without Martial & Shaw.

We know that Young can come in and do a job, of sorts, but I remain to be convinced in any way about Greenwood. I know he is supposed to be a real prospect and I am yet to see what all the fuss is about yet.

Alemar

If so, let him benefit from someone not named Lingard assisting him as a CAM.