Solskjær press conference vs Southampton (A)

CallyRed

I’d pay a reporter to ask this.

“Obviously you’ve aware of Jesse Lingards stats , are you concerned about the fact he hasn’t had a goal or assist in almost 10 months ?”
I said the same thing to a colleague yesterday, but also mentioning Adam Johnsons stats at the same time, which probably wouldn't have been very professional

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I said the same thing to a colleague yesterday, but also mentioning Adam Johnsons stats at the same time, which probably wouldn't have been very professional
That adam Johnson's stat thing is so out of context it's hilarious. Adam Johnson and Lingard both played around same number of seasons and games. Adam Johnson has bit better mins per G+A than Lingard. Obviously one played for ManUtd and other for Sunderland but even at City, his record wasn't that great.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

“Obviously you’ve aware of Jesse Lingards stats , are you concerned about the fact he hasn’t had a goal or assist in almost 10 months ?”
Pretty sure someone did ask him just that last week

charlenefan

Keep asking him week after week in that case until he does something.
I wish someone would ask him about Gomes. I even tweeted Simon Stone to ask him - obviously I was ignored

fps

We all get that it just makes Ole look a little foolish after the event not to mention you can stay positive about a player without saying he'll play more than you think only for the next week to say he needed to go
It doesn't make him foolish, it makes you foolish for thinking a manager goes out to a press conference and says all the things he's genuinely thinking.

charlenefan

It doesn't make him foolish, it makes you foolish for thinking a manager goes out to a press conference and says all the things he's genuinely thinking.
Nope I dont feel foolish in the slightest. I never believed Sanchez 'would play more than we thought' so you can keep your insults to yourself

macheda14

What I’m getting from his press conferences is he knows what to say at the time and just says it. Hardly has any bearing on what’s really going on, he just does his duty, doesn’t say anything that could hamper the team and leaves.

R.e. Sanchez he said he’d play and he has confidence in him because maybe a team doesn’t come in for him and we’re stuck with him. Now a team has and that’s good as well.

Don’t take stock in many of these press conferences, he just deflects undue pressure from the team and that’s it.

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
Why do some never miss an opportunity to criticise the club and everything to do with it?
You mean like ?

if OGS claims they are gonna win the League - he should be fired for being unrealistic
If OGS claims top-3 is the goal - he ishould be fired for accepting anything else than being P.L winner
If OGS claims top-6 is the goal - he should be fired for lacking ambition

minoo-utd

Decision to let Sanchez leave
I think Alexis needed to go. It has not really worked out for him, for him as well. It will only benefit everyone.

I’m trusting Marcus, Anthony, Mason to be our centre forwards. We’ve got loads of options and for me it is time for our boys to feel the pressure. It is something which we are looking forward to.
That wasn't his words last week about Sanchez eh! So Ole is just a fecking yes man it seems after all. He plays in 4 competition with Martial, Rashford and a kid! Seriously?

SirAF

Ageist
What I’m getting from his press conferences is he knows what to say at the time and just says it. Hardly has any bearing on what’s really going on, he just does his duty, doesn’t say anything that could hamper the team and leaves.

R.e. Sanchez he said he’d play and he has confidence in him because maybe a team doesn’t come in for him and we’re stuck with him. Now a team has and that’s good as well.

Don’t take stock in many of these press conferences, he just deflects under pressure from the team and that’s it.
Spot on. Which is why watching these pressers, or at least put any stock on it, is just a waste of time.

SATA

It’s a small thing i know but it kind of irks me when Ole refers to their first names when mentioning the payers. He’s the manager, not their mates. Just call them by their surnames please

ash_86

I think the fan base is permanently damaged isn't it? Even if we start winning titles we will find something to criticize instead of feeling satisfied. It's very sad.

Raw

It’s a small thing i know but it kind of irks me when Ole refers to their first names when mentioning the payers. He’s the manager, not their mates. Just call them by their surnames please
Nah I like that. Shows more of a bond between the players and the manager.

JohnnyKills

That wasn't his words last week about Sanchez eh! So Ole is just a fecking yes man it seems after all. He plays in 4 competition with Martial, Rashford and a kid! Seriously?
Or he was just trying to get the best value for a player who was costing the club a fortune and wasn't good enough to get in the team?

minoo-utd

It's worrying for you that your back up option for Striker is your starting winger. If both of them are out it's going to look bad. Remember the period last year when 3 or 4 of your starters were injured at the same time and he tried to rush back Lingard?
He is the one who needs to remember that. I don't know but with time it proves more and more how clueless he is it seems. Hope I am totally wrong but can anyone tell me what this guy might be thinking of?

Jeffthered

He is (Ole) trying to find his way. I still am yet to be fully confident in him. He is a yes man... since he has been in charge I have heard him state that every player is 'proud... these are good lads.. they are good players... Sanchez will play and will improve.... some of these players need a wake up call... we are putting faith in youngsters.... we need to do more running in pre-season'.

All bla, bla, bla. Are things any different so far? Not to me.

I have no idea what his playing or management style and/ or philosophy is. He is someone just doing a job. No real buzz.. no real insight into his thinking. And I am not just laying into him, Ole is fab, I get that... it's when you compare him to Klopp, Pep, Simione, Mourinho, SAF, Rafa, Dyche... they all have (whether you like them or not...) an extremely clear narrative that is consistent, and reflects in their football, and football management.

I do not see this in OGS. I think he is learning, and doesn't want people to really focus on his lack of experience.

minoo-utd

Or he was just trying to get the best value for a player who was costing the club a fortune and wasn't good enough to get in the team?
I agree with what you say about Sanchez but is it the right time to do it? Our players go injured every now and then and our squad options is limited, what he is thinking about I don't know!

JustAGuest

How dare the manager not talk about ongoing transfers in public?

minoo-utd

Yes never seen a manager doing that.

Jerome Holland

He will say "Jese puts in a shift"

Jordan_mufc

In what world does it make business sense to confess how desperate you are to get rid of a player? It drastically reduces his value.

However, if you state that you're content if he stays, then the buying team is forced to cough up the cash or miss out on the player.

fps

How dare the manager not talk about ongoing transfers in public?
So many fans actually think they're part of the running of the club and privy to the important stuff that happens within it...!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Okay at least don't say " he will get more playing time" or has he meant it with Inter?
Ole seems like he doesn't know what he is speaking about.
It looks more like he is in complete control of what's happening.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I think the fan base is permanently damaged isn't it? Even if we start winning titles we will find something to criticize instead of feeling satisfied. It's very sad.
The whole country is going this way.

Find something to be optimistic about; you're a snowflake.

Ole wants to field Greenwood,who most wanted last season,and was very exciting in pre season;Nooooo! he's too young and inexperienced,Ole's throwing him to the lions.

Boy, have we got some real pieces of work in the forum these days

simmee

Okay at least don't say " he will get more playing time" or has he meant it with Inter?
You seem to be an astute businessman. Would it have been better for the club if he said "He'll never play for us again. He's not only shite in games but also in training". You reckon we would've been able to get a better or worse deal after that?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
What if the Sanchez deal broke down?
You guys are itching for something to be angry about.

Tarrou

He is (Ole) trying to find his way. I still am yet to be fully confident in him. He is a yes man... since he has been in charge I have heard him state that every player is 'proud... these are good lads.. they are good players... Sanchez will play and will improve.... some of these players need a wake up call... we are putting faith in youngsters.... we need to do more running in pre-season'.

All bla, bla, bla. Are things any different so far? Not to me.

I have no idea what his playing or management style and/ or philosophy is. He is someone just doing a job. No real buzz.. no real insight into his thinking. And I am not just laying into him, Ole is fab, I get that... it's when you compare him to Klopp, Pep, Simione, Mourinho, SAF, Rafa, Dyche... they all have (whether you like them or not...) an extremely clear narrative that is consistent, and reflects in their football, and football management.

I do not see this in OGS. I think he is learning, and doesn't want people to really focus on his lack of experience.
What he says in a presser gives zero indication if he's a yes man or not, frankly.

He's just saying just the right answers so the press have nothing negative to write about, which is what they are constantly striving for.

They feasted on Mourinho's critical press conferences which generated headline after headline, which was a bit of a circus in the end. Ole is giving them nothing in comparison.

His answers are pure press training and nothing more.

Ban

Couldn't agree more.

If this was RAWK, some posters would be suspended for their constant negativity, Glad it isn't but God give me strength!
It's completely crazy. Every little word is analyzed and criticized.
We used to criticize Jose for his negative pressers, now Ole is positive and complimentary and, imagine that, doesn't say Alexis should leave and is shit before we sell him, and all hell brakes lose.
Hell, he shouldn't even call players by their names ffs. My God..

Withnail

If you take everything Ole, or anyone involved in sport for that matter, says to the press literally you'll drive yourself mad. Things are always going to be spun to paint their own actions, or those of the club, in a positive light and to minimise bad press.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
:lol:. Have you ever managed anyone? It’s not public school, you refer to people by their names like a normal human being.