Solskjær press conference vs Southampton (A)

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Will he be told off for saying we are a man short in attack? Refreshing to hear that acknowledgement, but it really applies most to midfield.

I do agree that he navigates the media pretty well though.
If you and I know that, I'm pretty sure he knows it also. But we don't really know what's going on behind the scene.

PieCrust

Different level of delusion if he thinks those options are good enough. And he doesn't even mention Angel Gomes who may be the only good enough bar Greenwood.

A few injuries, already have one to Martial, and we're in some real real danger.
Martial hasent proven to be good enough either. The entire attack is a mess.

The United

Isn't it obvious though? We tried to sign two strikers from Juvetus.

I am not sure why people acted like surprised that Ole now said he wanted one more attacker. We did try and they didn't want to come.

hocane

How can he say he's happy with the squad?
Mind boggled. He actually does sound like a Glazer puppet if he's happy with this.

wolvored

Mind boggled. He actually does sound like a Glazer puppet if he's happy with this.
I can see Ibra coming back in Jan. The fact he Ibra said Utd can call on me, and what Ole said, Im sure is an indication this is on the cards, especially if we're not free scoring by then.

theklr

Martial hasent proven to be good enough either. The entire attack is a mess.
2 goals in 3 matches , and created what (should have been) a red card and a penalty against CP not good enough?

Tarrou

He actually said he wanted one more attacker to be fair.

I hate this Glazer puppet stuff though, it's really silly. Managers tend to not want to shit on their squad too much going into a new season, that doesn't mean they are 100% happy with it, it just means they don't want the press to write stories saying "manager doesn't trust squad" etc.. that inevitably come from saying those things.

Brian Eclair

Anyone else notice the nervous gulp he made after he listed all of his attacking options, he wouldn't make a great poker player. I like Ole but he's being very naive here, I really expected us to at least add a loan player, maybe the club will panic after today if it doesn't go well.

jem

He actually said he wanted one more attacker to be fair.

I hate this Glazer puppet stuff though, it's really silly. Managers tend to not want to shit on their squad too much going into a new season, that doesn't mean they are 100% happy with it, it just means they don't want the press to write stories saying "manager doesn't trust squad" etc.. that inevitably come from saying those things.
It's especially annoying after what we went through with Mourinho last year. I'm not totally sold on Ole the tactician and I can't stand Woodward, but I can't find much to complain about in Ole's dealings with the media.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I can see Ibra coming back in Jan. The fact he Ibra said Utd can call on me, and what Ole said, Im sure is an indication this is on the cards, especially if we're not free scoring by then.
We should ask Cantona to return while at it

Zen86

I suppose he should publicly criticise and demoralise the squad instead, that has worked quite well in the past.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
What else can he say? Seriously? Do you expect him to say ‘actually no, I think our midfield is really light on quality’? Or ‘hmm, could have bought another striker in as I’m not convinced on Martial and Rashfords ability to score enough’?

He’s not saying he’s happy for the media or his bosses or us, he’s saying it to ensure his players feel as confident as they can.

PieCrust

2 goals in 3 matches , and created what (should have been) a red card and a penalty against CP not good enough?
I'm talking about his career, not cherry picking a few matches. But yes, great start for him, no doubt. He's still a huge question mark though if he's ever going to have the consistency to be the main ST at United. Don't think that's a horribly controversial opinion quite honestly.

DFreshKing

Rashford and Greenwood upfront today? Hopeful with these comments. I know this is early but from what I've seen they have the makings of an amazing front two. You would expect Greenwood to play it safe to begin with which should mean simple passes into Rashford. I'm going to say Greenwood assist for Rashford today if they both start.

hocane

What else can he say? Seriously? Do you expect him to say ‘actually no, I think our midfield is really light on quality’? Or ‘hmm, could have bought another striker in as I’m not convinced on Martial and Rashfords ability to score enough’?

He’s not saying he’s happy for the media or his bosses or us, he’s saying it to ensure his players feel as confident as they can.
He could do what Benitez did. Say we need a miracle to achieve top 4 to put pressure on Woodward and the Glazers.

Bestietom

He is hardly going to come out and run down Woodward and the Glazers, is he. I really do think that Ole is mad he didn't get what was promised to him, replacements for Herrera and Lukaku.
This will be addressed in January, but it may be too late then for a top 4 spot, and we will have to go all out for Europa league win which could be dangerous.

FrenchRed

You know it PR and press management right? Or do you want him to go full Jose. What Ole says behind the scenes is for exactly that, behind the scenes.

For me, Ole has been flawless in press conferences up to now.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Plenty of PR experts on the Caf. Ole better watch out if he sneaks a 58 year old striker through the January window.

GlasgowCeltic

Similar style of press conferences to Roberto Martinez, everything is fantastic and brilliant

Sterling Archer

Rashford and Greenwood upfront today? Hopeful with these comments. I know this is early but from what I've seen they have the makings of an amazing front two. You would expect Greenwood to play it safe to begin with which should mean simple passes into Rashford. I'm going to say Greenwood assist for Rashford today if they both start.
That Cardiff game was an atrocity but I did like the number of chances Greenwood had. The sign of a good striker. Let's hope he and Rashford can finish this time

Alemar

2 goals + 1 assist in 3 matches, also penalty earned and penalty wrongfully not given. Rashford is also on 2 goals and 1 assist per 3

Redcy

I can’t see us doing anything in January as a permanent buy. Maybe an Ibra deal, the squad we have now is this years squad.

In general no big deals go through in January, I can think of one or two?

This squad isn’t deep enough for top 4 or EL. We are going to have a bigger transfer window next year replacing de gea and pogba as well as two more.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
He could do what Benitez did. Say we need a miracle to achieve top 4 to put pressure on Woodward and the Glazers.
And that would do what exactly? Other than convince the players a) they’re not good enough (whether they are or not) and b) piss the owners off and potentially lose his job c) back to square one.

And there’s a reason Benitez isn’t managing a top team anymore.

Glad you’re not my manager.

Edit: as a manager myself, the things you suggest are the things you say to your manager in private meetings, not in public and certainly not in front of the team.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Can you not read? He said he wanted another player.