Solskjaer Nominated For December Manager Of The Month

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
It'll probably be Klopp again but nice to get some recognition of a decent month for Ole.

Three men have been nominated for the Barclays Manager of the Month award for December, and you can help to decide the winner.

Vote below for your favourite out of Jurgen Klopp, Nigel Pearson and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer before Monday 6 January at 18:00 GMT.

Your vote will then be combined with those of a panel of football experts to decide the winner, who will be announced next week.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1552880

Jurgen Klopp
P5 W5 D0 L0 GF15 GA2

The German is seeking a fourth Barclays award of the season. His Liverpool team won all five of their Premier League matches to extend their lead at the top of the table, most notably triumphing 4-0 at second-placed Leicester City, while also winning the FIFA Club World Cup.

Nigel Pearson (WAT)
P4 W2 D1 L1 GF6 GA3

After being appointed in early December, Pearson oversaw Watford's first home win of the season in his first match in charge at Vicarage Road, beating Manchester United. He has since taken the Hornets off the bottom with a 1-1 draw at Sheffield United and a 3-0 victory over Aston Villa.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (MUN)
P7 W4 D2 L1 GF13 GA8

The Norwegian led his side to back-to-back victories over Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City, before ending the month with two more wins against Newcastle United and Burnley.​

dove

Was a month to remember. We lost only once.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
To be fair half of our season's win came in December.

redshaw

He did say he will be successful at this football club.

RyRy11

I'd give it to Pearson, Watford looked like they couldn't beat an U-18s side before December.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The scousers will rig this vote so that Ole will win by a billion percent. Then Ed will emerge from his bunker to give him a ninety-year contract.

Amerifan

Wow. Ole gets an honor and you still can’t manage to say anything nice. What a sad lot you are.

littleman

I actually think it was overall a decent month for Ole, and certainly few other managers did better. This season has been awful for most of the big clubs and we notched big wins against big opponents this month, just don't have the consistency of champions.

And no, one month does not an MUFC manager make.

Paul_Scholes18

Moyes will probably get it in January ;). Then Mourinho can get it in February and so it goes.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
IMO Ole should win it. Wins over Tot and City should be the deciders.

bonothom

Wow. Ole gets an honor and you still can’t manage to say anything nice. What a sad lot you are.
Would be happy if it was deserved and we were having a decent season. But we're not. We're shit and part of the blame lies at the managers feet.

iHicksy

He should be nominated every month. After all, we only lose once a month. (well every 2 weeks, but who;s counting, right Ole?)

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
IMO Ole should win it. Wins over Tot and City should be the deciders.
Klopp won 5 out of 5 and won 4-0 away at Leicester.

Just because he's continually good, shouldn't take away from the fact he's once again had the best month.

Paul_Scholes18

He should be nominated every month. After all, we only lose once a month. (well every 2 weeks, but who;s counting, right Ole?)
He is right if you exclude Astana and only look at the league. Arsenal defeat in January, Watford in February, Bournemouth in November, Newcastle in October, West Ham in September and Palace in August.

Knowing that these stats are the truth we should at least get a draw against Liverpool this month and advance in the cups.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
This is going to drive Ole Out crowd nuts. Imagine if Ole wins :D

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I actually think it was overall a decent month for Ole, and certainly few other managers did better. This season has been awful for most of the big clubs and we notched big wins against big opponents this month, just don't have the consistency of champions.
Champions?
We don't have consistency for top 4.
I genuinely can't see us getting top 4, under Ole. Even if we bought Messi AND Ronaldo, Ole (and our coaches) would find a way to screw it up.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Klopp won 5 out of 5 and won 4-0 away at Leicester.

Just because he's continually good, shouldn't take away from the fact he's once again had the best month.
Klopp has the best team in the world. Ole has shambles + . youngest average age team in the EPL. Should that count for something?

Dante

Average bang
14 points out of 21. 13 goals for, 8 goals against. So not brilliant.

But... we did beat Tottenham (home) and City (away).

I think the league is taking into account the fact we only finished 6th last season. In that context, it's an okay set of results.

bonothom

Klopp has the best team in the world. Ole has shambles + . youngest average age team in the EPL. Should that count for something?
That is a pathetic excuse for Uniteds dismal season. I think that most people can see that Solskjaer is not the right man to take United forward. His pathetic excuses after every piss poor performance wore tiresome a long time ago. He and he alone decided to go into this season with a shambolic lack of midfielders and a striker short. To then give him the excuse that his squad is too young is pathetic. And what does Ole continually say about transfers. 'if the right player is available' and funds available blah blah. And who are these right players. Overrated and expensive shit like Rice and Longstaff that will make not one scrap of difference to this shambolic team led by the most shambolic of coaching setups. Manager of the month, what a load of crap.