Solskjaer target 5 signings; 6 players could leave [BBC, Telegraph, Guardian]

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Maybe he'll cost that much but if he pushes for a move then it will be less. And our goals are still achievable even if so.

Sancho: 80
Alderweireld: 25
Rice: 40
Lozano: 35
"AWB" (I don't know who this is): 20

That's 200 million.

And with outbound sales we can recoup 40-50M and use it to buy Neves and then subsidize a transfer of Sanchez.
Very optimistic valuations on Wan Bissaka (that's AWB) and Sancho. Rice too. Doubt West ham will sell for 40.

200m isn't enough by any means. 300 maybe.

dutchred

Maybe he'll cost that much but if he pushes for a move then it will be less. And our goals are still achievable even if so.

Sancho: 80
Alderweireld: 25
Rice: 40
Lozano: 35
"AWB" (I don't know who this is): 20

That's 200 million.

And with outbound sales we can recoup 40-50M and use it to buy Neves and then subsidize a transfer of Sanchez.
What does Rice offer that McT doesn't
Lozano is not good enough

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
I really don’t want us to buy Rice. Would be a very underwhelming signing for me and he wouldn’t be cheap either.

I like the look of Felix, looks class.

If we could sign Sancho, Felix, Anderweireld, a CM and a right back it would be an amazing summer but again that would probably cost £250m-£300m.

Kaglish10

Bruno Fernandes isn't a central midfielder. He's more of a SS. I really don't fancy him. More so, I have only seen his compilation video and not his individual highlights. As we all know, compilation could be deceiving as it would only tend to show his good highlight and touches only. I really don't fancy him.

I would rather we go for João Felix and keep developing him as our striker. PSG didn't mind Mbappe at 18 despite having just one top flight season at Monaco. Personally, I see zlatan in Felix with the way he drops deep to link up play and thread in passes to his fellow forwards as well as his imposing physique and presence which lot of opposition defence finds it difficult to deal with it. I would rather prefer we play such talent and keep developing him in the striker role than keep playing a 2nd rate talent such as Rashford.

As for the RW, I would suggest Adam Ounas. He's been fantastic everytime he's come on for Napoli this season. His stat looks good also. He has 4 goals and 1 assist in 7 starts for Napoli. He was the only Napoli's player that looked like getting something out of the match against Arsenal. A shame he came on too late and I really don't know why Ancelotti doesn't seem to trust young players because I don't see why Callejon is still playing when there's Ounas who has done far better than him. Does callejon have Ancelotti video or what?

I have watched almost all of Ounas individual highlight touches in each game (Vs Juventus, AC Milan, Espanyol, frosinone, Gambia, Sassuolo etc) and I haven't seen where he's looked poor. He's got everything I love in a winger and for our right wing. He's left footed, has got blistering pace, quality close control and agility to evade defenders at high pace and good vision to pick out his teammates by threading in throughballs or putting in quality cross e.g (AC Milan, Espanyol and frosinone match) He's also got lethal shots and capable of going at it all alone whenever he sees an opportunity (Sassuolo, Gambia), he's also fantastic in the air which is still a mistery to me because he's short and tiny. His work rate and defensive works are also good. He ticks all the boxes for me as the perfect right winger to have in any team.

His little game times at Napoli could be a blessing in disguise for us because we won't be required to pay high fees as it was for Liverpool when they swooped in for Coutinho who hardly played for Inter Milan.

I really dont fancy Lozano because he looks more of a goal scoring wing forward whose style is mostly based on expecting creative midfielder to pick out his movement on the wing, quite similar to Depay who has now developed his game as a striker.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I would like to know the approx. prices for these players, which are top of my wishlist:

IN:

Meunier
Varane
Sancho
Rabiot (free)
Rice

Out:

Valencia
Rojo
Herrera
Mata
Lukaku
Andreas
Didn’t Real slap a 400+ mill price tag on Varane?

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I don't see us spending much more than £100m total. One £50m player, and a couple of £25m players.

Sorry.

ROFLUTION

I sometimes wonder how much of Rice people have actually seen. Does he have stats to back up this type?

Already got McTominay

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I sometimes wonder how much of Rice people have actually seen. Does he have stats to back up this type?

Already got McTominay
He is a good talent, but needs to stay at West Ham for a couple more seasons so he can develop his game without the pressure of playing for one of the big teams. Don't think signing him this summer would be the right move for us.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Bruno Fernandes isn't a central midfielder. He's more of a SS. I really don't fancy him. More so, I have only seen his compilation video and not his individual highlights. As we all know, compilation could be deceiving as it would only tend to show his good highlight and touches only. I really don't fancy him.

I would rather we go for João Felix and keep developing him as our striker. PSG didn't mind Mbappe at 18 despite having just one top flight season at Monaco. Personally, I see zlatan in Felix with the way he drops deep to link up play and thread in passes to his fellow forwards as well as his imposing physique and presence which lot of opposition defence finds it difficult to deal with it. I would rather prefer we play such talent and keep developing him in the striker role than keep playing a 2nd rate talent such as Rashford.
So you don't want Fernandes because in your opinion he's not a CM, while playing more of his games in CM, and this is judging by a highlight reel?
Whereas you'd rather go for Felix who is more of a forward player than Fernandes, while getting less goals and assists in a much better side, and assuming you've only really seen a highlight reel?

Meh, post didn't go to plan with the whole quoting thing!

L1nk

Solksjaer has talked a big game about being ruthless, cutting the dross and survival of the best, yet we've handed out contracts to Young, Jones and are offering contracts to the likes of Mata, so, so far, i'm seeing a lot of talk and nothing but carrying on with the stuff we've been doing for years now.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I don't see us spending much more than £100m total. One £50m player, and a couple of £25m players.

Sorry.
I'm apprehensive for the summer. I really believe we need at least 5-6 players.
But I see our window going one or two ways.

We really back the manager and get the players or we do just try and settle for a top 4 while spending the bare minimum

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I'm apprehensive for the summer. I really believe we need at least 5-6 players.
But I see our window going one or two ways.

We really back the manager and get the players or we do just try and settle for a top 4 while spending the bare minimum
Regardless of who we do or do not sign, it's going to require two or three of our young attacking prospects to become genuine world class players for us to have a chance of competing at the top, in my opinion. Rashford and Martial have to fulfil their potential or we'll be a long way off. They both need to be getting 20+ goals a season.

Kaglish10

So you don't want Fernandes because in your opinion he's not a CM, while playing more of his games in CM, and this is judging by a highlight reel?
Whereas you'd rather go for Felix who is more of a forward player than Fernandes, while getting less goals and assists in a much better side, and assuming you've only really seen a highlight reel?

Meh, post didn't go to plan with the whole quoting thing!
Bruno Fernandes hasn't showed he can lead the front role like Felix has shown. While Felix can also play as a SS like Bruno, he's shown he can be a lead striker in the mould of a false 9 striker such as Ibrahimovic whereas Bruno hasn't shown if he can make the step up to the lead striker role. Some SS players haven't been able to make the step up as a lead striker for example, Muller, Griezmann despite showing the quality of a striker in the second striker role. Griezmann for example, looked abject when France coach deployed him as a lead striker as one of the attacking trio comprises of himself, Mbappe and Dembele in a 433 setup. He was horrible in it. Likewise Muller for Germany.

Apart from this, I haven't seen Bruno Fernandes play neither have I seen his individual highlight touches in a game. Only his compilation highlight video I have seen and these videos could be deceitful as it tends to decorate players and portray them better than what they are. For example, anyone who watched Mbappe's individual highlight against us would know Mbappe had a poor game and from the clip, he would know Mbappe's weakness, which is his poor close control. I have seen Felix's individual touches in a game and while I don't find him special on the wing because of his lack of pace and agility, he looked terrific playing as a SS or false 9 striker. Hence, I would take him over Bruno Fernandes. This is not saying Bruno isn't good.

That's just by the way, I just hope Ole uses the transfer funds judiciously instead of splashing it on "have been" players such as Bale, Coutinho etc. We should bring in young hungry quality players in the mould of Mbappe who would keep on developing instead of mercenaries who can't be bothered.

Players to get in include:

Felix (60-70 mil),

Ounas (20-25 mil),

de Ligt (50-60 mil),

Van De Beek (25-30 mil),

Right back? (We should see if the likes of O'Connor and Laird could make the step up during preseason matches before making a signing).

? /Lindelof - de Ligt - Shaw;
MCTominay - Beek - Fred/Pogba (if he hasn't left)
Ounas - Felix - Martial.

Bench: Matic, Lukaku, Rashford, Perriera, Romero, Dalot, Smalling.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Rashford and Greenwood. And then Martial who could play the striker on occasions.

Oh did they? Didn't know that. Thought I have read that Varane wants out of Real...
Hahahaha nah it won’t be real. Just read it on some rag website. Although he’d cost at least 100 mil

Patrick220571

Because he's an extremely promising young player who potentially wouldn't cost that much due to his contract situation and would fill a position we need to strengthen.

Do you need more reasons?
Chong is an extremely promising player who wouldn't cost anything. What is the point of signing someone who is barely any more experienced than he is?

deadrevelz

Chong is an extremely promising player who wouldn't cost anything. What is the point of signing someone who is barely any more experienced than he is?
They usually play on different wings and Hudson-Odoi is clearly further ahead in his development and looks certain to be a top player. Chong may not make it at a top club.

the chameleon

I agree. We should just put our transfer plans on hold. Let the likes of Chong fulfil that promise.

Just kidding. But seriously, Hudson-Odoi is a few notches ahead of Chong at this point. From what I see in Chong, he looks decent in lower age groups, but nothing special.

Also, if he’s good enough, great! More players actually fighting for positions long-term.

If we wait for promise to deliver, we risk having a bunch of complacent, overpaid players that lack hunger if we wait for them to deliver. We need to rebuild that competitive feeling in players at the club. They need to know that they haven’t made it. That if they get complacent they will be out.

AndyJ1985

It's more about the dressing room character. If we'd have kept more of the Fergie players we wouldn't be in this mess we're in currently.
Dressing room character means absolutely nothing if he can't even get the basics right out on the pitch.

deadrevelz

Chong plays right wing. So if your classing Hudson Odoi as left wing, then we don't need him anyway.
We do because Martial isn't a left winger imo. He's a CF who has been doing a job out there to accommodate our other forwards - Zlatan, Lukaku, Rashford.

Patrick220571

I agree. We should just put our transfer plans on hold. Let the likes of Chong fulfil that promise.

Just kidding. But seriously, Hudson-Odoi is a few notches ahead of Chong at this point. From what I see in Chong, he looks decent in lower age groups, but nothing special.

Also, if he’s good enough, great! More players actually fighting for positions long-term.

If we wait for promise to deliver, we risk having a bunch of complacent, overpaid players that lack hunger if we wait for them to deliver. We need to rebuild that competitive feeling in players at the club. They need to know that they haven’t made it. That if they get complacent they will be out.
Did I say anything about putting all our transfer plans on hold?

I just cannot grasp how so many who hadn't heard of this kid 5/6 months ago, now tout him as top class and certain to be a star. Sancho possibly, as he is first choice in a top side. Hudson Odoi isn't.

ROFLUTION

Go all young, have patience and build for the future. We need hungry players with energy and quality.

Realistic players to get:
Sancho - 100m (19 years old)
Joao Felix - 60m (19 years old)
Neves - 55m (22 years old)
Wan Bissaka - 55m (21 years old)
.. Maybe Alderweireld too as he'll bring experience and is a steal at 25m

That's 295m all together. If our budget is lower then drop Neves or Wan B. Or fund it by selling some.

the chameleon

Forgive me for being a broken record about signings recently.

Goalkeeper - DeGea (Romero) if De Gea leaves, then Romero / Henderson compete.
Right backs - New signing (Dalot / Laird). Young is back up.
Left backs - Luke Shaw (O'Connor).
Centre backs - Lindelof + New signing / Smalling / Jones / O'Connor.
Centre Midfield - McTominay/ Fred / Garner / Matic / Gomes / New signing.
Attacking midfielder - New signing / Greenwood / Lingard
Right wing - New signing (Lingard / Dalot / Greenwood).
Left wing - Martial / Greenwood / Rashford
Forwards - Rashford / Greenwood / Martial

Out
Pogba = £150 million (He is going either this year or next for sure)
Lukaku = £70 million
Darmian = £5 million
Rojo = £5 million

Budget = £150 million + transfer sales (£230 million) = £380 million

New right back - Meunier or Wan Bissaka - £45 million
New Centre back - Manolas at a cheaper price of £36 million
New midfielder - Declan Rice - £45 million
New attacking midfielder - Felix at £100 million
Right winger - Sancho £100 million

Use the remaining money to offload Sanchez by paying half of his wages at the new club.

Fahad Jawaid

I think its essential we make plenty of changes this summer and go for players who are great technically and not just speed merchants and athletes, thus going for players like AWB, Gueye, Rice should be avoided. Seeing us struggle to keep the ball, while the likes of Westham, Wolves and Watford dominate us, and have players who are technically far superior to plenty of our players is frankly shocking and again points to the dross we have acquired during the years.

Currently our biggest issue i see is technically inept footballers who are poor at keeping the ball unforced and when pressed hoofs it away. From defenders literally all of them (Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Bailly, Young) are guilty of this, only Lindelof and Shaw seems to have an ounce or ability, or try to even bring the ball down to look for an option.

In midfield, this is i think is our strongest part, with the likes of Herrera and Pogba, who are good at keeping it, therefore in Herrera we will be losing an important player, who is good at keeping the ball. Similarly, Fred and Mctominay recently have shown they have fight, but we still need an elite midfielder who can control the tempo and allow pogba to play high up the field.

Attack is our 2nd biggest weakness with the likes of Mata, Lingard, Sanchez and Lukaku are done and pointless players and should he let off this summer. In addition to above, we can afford only one of Martial and Rashford in the lineup, this is the only thing i think mourinho got it right because they both are confidence players and lack consistency. You can't have 2 of your 3 attacking players giving the ball away needlessly every now and then. You could have Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets behijd them, but when they will keep losing it, and eventually it will result in quick turnover of posseesion time and again which will mean players will have to run their ass off every two minutes to chase the ball.

Summer incomings (total 310m)
Sancho 100m
Saul 80m
Felix 80m
Anderwerald 25m
Meunier 25m

Summer outgoings (total 110m)
Lukaku 50m
Sanchez 15m
Jones 15m
Bailly 15m
Darmian 5m
Rojo 10m

This takes our net spend to 200m and not only our side will be press resistant, furthermore we can go toe to toe with any side and keep possession and will actually be exciting to watch.

DDG
Meunier Lindelof Aldewerald Shaw
Saul Fred/Mctominay/Matic Pogba
Sancho Felix Martial/Rashford

Last edited: