Solskjaer target 5 signings; 6 players could leave [BBC, Telegraph, Guardian]

rotherham_red

The 5 players in number I feel will increase if people like Pogba and De Gea leave. If they do, wouldn't be surprised at a few more incomings. Something like this maybe?
  • Cillessen - £20m (De Gea replacement)
  • Meunier - £20m
  • Nicholas Pepe - £60m
  • Rabiot - £0m
  • Bruno Fernandes - £60m (Pogba replacement)
  • Daniel James - £15m
  • Koulibaly - £80m
Overall ~£250m with quite a bit in departures.
Cillessen
Meunier Koulibaly Lindelof Shaw
Fred/McT/Matic
Rabiot B. Fernandes
Pepe Rashford Martial
Wouldnt hate that summer at all. Mainly because Koulibaly, Meunier and Pepe and a technical midfielder incoming (though obvious problems exist with Rabiot - would prefer Tielemans but I just haven't seen enough to suggest it's much more than muppetry for him).

Would be 7 in, but that's only in the scenario that Pogba and De Gea both leave so you can also pretty readily take £85m off the total and keep Pogba and De Gea in if you think they stay. DM is still a concern, but if Pogba leaves, can't see us getting 3 new midfielders though it is what we would need. Suspect Fred/McTominay will have a chance to become starters for half a season with Matic/the other as depth players, but in 2020 definitely another mid.
I'd go along with that. Though I think realistically, Pogba will be priced out this summer and will move next summer for probably around £100m-£120m. I think Gomes should be groomed to be his replacement though, as opposed to bringing in another expensive player and risking it that he won't settle.

cloyton

One thing is for sure we need leaders in this team. We lack a massive amount of seniority on the pitch when things get tough. Think back to the days of Vidic, Ferdinand, Rooney , Keane, hell even RVP had leadership qualities in that stand out season.

Here would be my team for next year (3 / 5 / 2 lineup)

(Lineup)

De Gea
Lindelof Maguire Alderweireld
Wanbasaka Pogba Luka Milivojevic B.Fernandes Shaw
Rashford Callum Wilson

Subs
-----
Henderson
Smalling
Fred
Martial
James
Greenwood
Scott Mct

Ins
----
Maguire (70m)
Alderweireld (30m)
Wanbasaka (50m)
Luka Milivojevic (40m)
B.Fernandes (50m)
Callum Wilson (50m)
Daniel James (15m)

Total = £305m

Outs
------
Jones (10m)
Sanchez (free)
Lukaku (40m)
Herrera (free)
Mata (free )
Valancia (free)
Lingard (20m)

Total = 70m

Net Spend = £230m

Obviously living in a dream world but I do believe we need a few leaders to get this team back to where we are and need to be. Toby & Maguire could be a fantastic addition to the squad and I believe we 100% need a new striker and Callum Wilson would be a very decent shout. We cant turn our noses at some players because of the position we are in.

NoPace

Canagel

Henderson
Young Smalling Jones Shaw
Mctominay Rice Longstaff
Lingard Rashford James

The United DNA

Last edited:

NoPace

Starting to think I wouldn't mind us taking some cheaper risks at DM and RB if we meant we could use the money to secure what seem to be can't miss guys like Sancho and Havertz.

Look at what Watford have gotten from signing a 26 year old Capoue from Spurs for 9M or Arsenal got from Monreal at fullback for 7M or Witsel blossoming and I think there have to be some good footballers in their mid 20s at Europa league quality sides who haven't quite made it to the top level but could be good, cheap starters for us for the next 3-4 years during their prime seasons of 25-28 or so.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
———————-De Gea
————-Lindelöf——De Ligt
Wan Bissaka
———————Shaw
————————Rice
—————McT————Maddison
———————Richarlison
Sancho
———————————Rashford

£400m

Sell Pogba £100m + Lukaku £50m + Martial £50m + others others and net off at circa £150m

Feckin nailed it

Last edited:

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Priority:
CB: De Ligt, Alderweireld, Issa Diop, Maguire, Kouliaby, Tah, Milenkovic, R. Dias
CDM: Ndidi, Rice, D. Pereira
CM: B. Fernandes, Tielemanns, Rabiot, Doucoure, Aouar, Kondogbia, Ndombele, Grealish
RW: Sancho, Chiesa, Pepe, James, Dembele, Under, Lozano, F. Anderson
RB: Wan Bissaka, Meunier, N. Semedo
ST: Honestly, got no idea

Potential improvements
LB: Telles, Chillwell, Tierney

Enough young and hungry players out there that would improve out side. Most of the above list is realistic in my eyes, maybe not everyone, but most

Last edited:

fastwalker

This is probably the biggest transfer window since the departure of Sir Alex. It is probably not an overstatement to say that this window could define United as a club for the next three to five years. Not just because of the business that the club itself will do, but also because of the business that those around us will do.

I just hope that Ole considers these seven things when he is making decisions about who to bring in the summer:

1. What are they coming for? If players are coming for any reason other than to commit themselves to the club for as long as they remain United players, then do not sign them.

2. Do they improve other players? Our scouts should be looking for players like Virgil Van Dijk. Van Dijk is an exceptional example of a player who has not just improved as a player, but one who has demonstrably improved those around him. Dwight Yorke is another example of a player who massively improved Andy Cole.

3. Are they prepared to come for less than they are on now? Let's be clear, I am totally against buying marquee players, but if we have to, would those players be willing to come to us for less than they are on now? Or is United going to be held.to ransom by mercenaries?

4. Can Ole develop them? A big test for Ole is his ability to develop talent. As such, I would reasonably expect to see signings in the £25m - £35m range. Players who have bags of potential and who, with the right coaching and encouragement will multiply in value over the duration of their contract. Those are exactly the sorts of players that Spurs and Liverpool will be picking up and we must be just as competitive in that market.

5. Do they still have something to prove? Remember Eric Cantona? Eric was a big name player who came to United with a a reputation and with a lot to prove. The rest, as they say is history. Another., really good example of that kind of player is James Milner.

6. Are they willing to play for the manager? Sorry to say guys, but our competitors: Spurs, City and Liverpool all have managers who the players want to play for. If players are not willing to play for our manager, then they will never be committed to the club.

7. Are they willing to play the squad game? The unrelenting demands of football at elite level and the need for managers to ensure rotation and varation of tactical deployments means that players must be willing to sacrifice themselves for the team. Players who have a reputation for 'wanting their way or throwing a strop when they don't get their way should never be welcomed at United.

Slamar85

I would get Koulibaly, Wan Bissaka, Ndidi, Ndombele, Fernandes, Pepe and Werner but only if Pogba, Lukaku and Degea are sold along few others.

Seven Seas Sardines

CB: Alderweireld - £25m (Rojo)
RB: AWB - £50m (Valencia)
LB: Sessegnon - £35m (Darmian)
DM: Ndidi - £45m (Herrera)
CM: Bruno Fernandes - £50m (Mata)
LW: James - £15m (Sanchez)
RW: Ziyech - £25m (Lukaku)

7 class players adding solidity, pace and hunger for £245m (£150m net). Release Jones, Young and Lingard and give their places to youth like Greenwood, Garner, Laird and Chong/Gomes.

DDG/Henderson
AWB Lindelöf Alderweireld Shaw
Ndidi
Fernandes
Pogba
Ziyech Rashford James

Bench: Romero, Tuanzebe, Sessegnon, McTominay, Fred, Martial, Greenwood​

Last edited:

HD7

———————-De Gea
————-Lindelöf——De Ligt
Wan Bissaka
———————Shaw
————————Rice
—————McT————Maddison
———————Richarlison
Sancho
———————————Rashford

£400m

Sell Pogba £100m + Lukaku £50m + Martial £50m + others others and net off at circa £150m

Feckin nailed it

I like it!

But for me the midfield is lightweight. Expecting Mctominay to play the whole season in fine form is like expecting getting James from Swansea as a starter. I think they should make the steps gradually. As a first team players they will still get 20-30 matches a season. But they arent ready for being the key players in their positions IMO.

Having said that...
For me Ruben Neves is a key transfer! Sadly we havent been rumoured with him since Jose left... Whoever gets him will have someone of the Modric mould after 2-3 years. We badly need someone who can speed up or lower the tempo of play. Not only crazy horse box to box or defensive midfielders. Hope Liverpool and City dont get him.
Also If Pogba is being sold, I would prefer Bruno Fernandes over Maddison. Finally a man who can have powerful volleys from the rebound of corners. We havent had one since Scholes retired...
If its too much money because of my upgrades to your team, I would sacrifice De Ligt or Koulibaly for Alderweild. As I said for me Neves is essential!

Last edited by a moderator:

Khalifa711

2019/2020
In
CB - Dayot Upamecano £60M
RB - Joao Cancelo £40M
CM - Bruno Fernandes £60M
RW - Nicolas Pepe £40M

J. Pereira, Tuanzebe, Mensah, Garner, Gomes, Chong, Greenwood

Out
Grant, Rojo, Jones, Darmian, Matic, Pogba, Sanchez, Lukaku

Released
Valencia, Herrera, Mata, Wilson

2020/2021
In
GK (back up)
LB (back up)
Jadon Sancho £100M
ST (Back up)

Henderson, Ecrolaini, Traore

Out
Smalling, Fred, Lingard

Released
De Gea, Young

crossy1686

career ending
———————-De Gea
————-Lindelöf——De Ligt
Wan Bissaka
———————Shaw
————————Rice
—————McT————Maddison
———————Richarlison
Sancho
———————————Rashford

£400m

Feckin nailed it
Richarlison isn't good enough for Everton, let alone us. And that whole midfield looks like something West Ham or Burnley would put out.

Kidders

Do we target experience, with the likes of:
DDG
Meunier, Alderweireld, Linderlof, Shaw
Kroos, Mata, Pogba
Bale, Dybala, Martial

Or go with youth?

DDG
Dalot, deLigt, Linderlof, Shaw
N'Dombèlè, Rodri, Pogba
Sancho, Jovic, Martial/Rashford

Red Devil Rising

Do we target experience, with the likes of:
DDG
Meunier, Alderweireld, Linderlof, Shaw
Kroos, Mata, Pogba
Bale, Dybala, Martial

Or go with youth?

DDG
Dalot, deLigt, Linderlof, Shaw
N'Dombèlè, Rodri, Pogba
Sancho, Jovic, Martial/Rashford
He's already signed for Madrid.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
———————-De Gea
————-Lindelöf——De Ligt
Wan Bissaka
———————Shaw
————————Rice
—————McT————Maddison
———————Richarlison
Sancho
———————————Rashford

£400m

Feckin nailed it
We still end up 6th with that team

Santos J

One thing is for sure we need leaders in this team. We lack a massive amount of seniority on the pitch when things get tough. Think back to the days of Vidic, Ferdinand, Rooney , Keane, hell even RVP had leadership qualities in that stand out season.

Here would be my team for next year (3 / 5 / 2 lineup)

(Lineup)

De Gea
Lindelof Maguire Alderweireld
Wanbasaka Pogba Luka Milivojevic B.Fernandes Shaw
Rashford Callum Wilson

Subs
-----
Henderson
Smalling
Fred
Martial
James
Greenwood
Scott Mct

Ins
----
Maguire (70m)
Alderweireld (30m)
Wanbasaka (50m)
Luka Milivojevic (40m)
B.Fernandes (50m)
Callum Wilson (50m)
Daniel James (15m)

Total = £305m

Outs
------
Jones (10m)
Sanchez (free)
Lukaku (40m)
Herrera (free)
Mata (free )
Valancia (free)
Lingard (20m)

Total = 70m

Net Spend = £230m

Obviously living in a dream world but I do believe we need a few leaders to get this team back to where we are and need to be. Toby & Maguire could be a fantastic addition to the squad and I believe we 100% need a new striker and Callum Wilson would be a very decent shout. We cant turn our noses at some players because of the position we are in.
£160m on Maguire, Callum Wilson & Milivojevic :lol:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
———————-De Gea
————-Lindelöf——De Ligt
Wan Bissaka
———————Shaw
————————Rice
—————McT————Maddison
———————Richarlison
Sancho
———————————Rashford

£400m

Feckin nailed it
We'd still need a proper striker.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Why do you think that?
Because we've been linked with the three incomings in the media this very week, while two of the outgoings have already gone and the third is the player we most want to sell.

It ain't exactly the most insightful guess.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Because we've been linked with the three incomings in the media this very week, while two of the outgoings have already gone and the third is the player we most want to sell.

It ain't exactly the most insightful guess.
We're linked to many players. Are the links to these three more credible?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Sounds about right to be fair. If we sign Albrighton as well I'll be happy with that. I think we're going down next season.
Sorry if I'm missing obvious sarcasm here, it's early in the morning where I am. Are you being facetious or do you unironically believe we're getting relegated next season?

Acole9

Outstanding
Sorry if I'm missing obvious sarcasm here, it's early in the morning where I am. Are you being facetious or do you unironically believe we're getting relegated next season?
A tad bit facetious. Sorry I've been on the sauce most of today.