Solskjaer target 5 signings; 6 players could leave [BBC, Telegraph, Guardian]

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I understand that Rome wasn't built in one day however we can't keep losing pieces and still expect to stick to the 5 signings max strategy. We had already lost Herrera which is a big blow and if we lose DDG, Lukaku, Pogba and Sanchez as well then we need to buy more players. Now lets get to business. We need to get rid of the deadwood which means Valencia, Darmian, Rojo and co must go. If DDG, Pogba and Martial want to leave then they could leave as well while we should also get rid of Lukaku and Sanchez if possible.

My team for next season would be

GK: DDG, Henderson, Romero - (recall Joel P if DDG leaves)

RB: Wan Bissaka or Meunier, Dalot, Laird
CB: De Ligt or Koulibaly, Lindelof, Smalling, Tuanzebe, Jones
LB: Shaw, Young, Mitchell

DM: Matic, Doucoure
MC: Barella, Mctominay
MC: Pogba, Periera, Fernandes - assuming Pogba leaves.

AMR: Ziyech, Lingard, Chong
AML: Martial, Jadon or Bergwijn, Gomes - assuming Sanchez leave

STK: Rashford, Werner

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
That is depressing
Well least it isn’t tiring us to long term big money contracts for ageing stars.

All these players have room to improve and with the right coaching could benefit us in the long term. Whether they will get the good coaching is still a big question we haven’t had a player come in and improve since De Gea so that’s worrying.

Also this club is such a basket case, we go after young players one summer with the intention of building for the long term, next summer we will probably through that out the window and replace them all with experienced players on big money.

Still at least we’ve have the resemblance of a direction ..... that’s at least something.

Slamar85

Cheap solid players: Alderweireld, Manolas, Meunier, Ndidi, Rabiot, Fernandes, Ziyech, James, Werner.

jamesjimmybyrondean

----------------------------Romero------------------------------

--AWB--------Lindelof---------Koulibaly -------Shaw

------------------------------Ndidi---------------------------------

------------Fernandes----------------Pogba----------------

------Pepe-------------Joao Felix----------Rashford

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Signing 4 or 5 players would be a good start but on top of that, Solskjaer needs to be ruthless with players in our squad. I'd rather see a young right back from our academy play rather than Ashley Young who can't defend and who keeps making the same shit crosses start week in week out.

At least by playing that academy prospect, he will improve. With Young it will only go downhill.

Just look at Alexander Arnold and the kind of improvement he made under Klopp.

SER19

I know McTominay improved, but its so strange to see fans with such revisionism
Most fans were calling for him to be loaned out or binned, and now that he improved they see him as a United quality starter?
I know what you’re saying, but you can go back through my posting history and see how I defended him. I have him there as the likes of rice have been touted but would sooner give him one season, think he lends a decent amount of grit and energy to a talented line up there. With Fred, Matic, and maybe some young blood to be called upon

AaronRedDevil

----------------------------Romero------------------------------

------------------------------Ndidi---------------------------------

------Pepe-------------Joao Felix----------Rashford
Sooo almost replace the entire 11

SoCross

It's the same every year though
In recent years we've been getting a lot of muppet signings which make the whole forum really hyped but they don't amount to anything on the pitch.
The different names everyone’s throwing out, replacing the whole first team...it’s just not going to happen.

Feck, I used to be such a transfer muppet, what happened to me.

Dolf

It's just too much fun to make these XI's so here's one more after the 'itk' post.

-------------- De Gea ---------
AWB - Koulibaly - Lindelof - Shaw
----------------- Rojo -------------
-------- Lingard ---- Pogba -------
-Sancho------Lukaku --------Martial-

Kaglish10

It's just too much fun to make these XI's so here's one more after the 'itk' post.

-------------- De Gea ---------
AWB - Koulibaly - Lindelof - Shaw
----------------- Rojo -------------
-------- Lingard ---- Pogba -------
-Sancho------Lukaku --------Martial-
Rojo can't even play as a ball playing defender, let alone a DM.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think this is what we will get.

----------------------------Romero/Deano------------------------------

------------------------------McT---------------------------------

------Ziyech or Sancho-------------Martial----------Rashford

THE FIRST TEAM Four signings:
RB: AWB (50m) (Valencia’s replacement)
CB: Koulibaly (130m) (we agree to active his clause after we make decision to sell DDG)
CM: Fernandes (50m) (Herrera’s replacement)
RW: Ziyech/Sancho (25m/110m) (Mata’s replacement)

Fifth signing: James (Sanchez replacement)

Sell/Out: DDG (the 8th), Herrera (the 7th), TFM (9th if he doesn’t impress Ole), the original 6 players could leave: Sanchez, Matic, Mata, Pereira, Darmian, Bailly.

Backup:
Back four (5): Dalot, Tuanzebe (Bailly replacement), Smalling, Jones, Young
Midfield(2 plus 2 youth): Rojo (Ole loves him as DM they said), Fred, Gomes (Pereira replacement) (youth), Garner (youth)
Attackers (3 plus 1 youth): Lukaku, James, Lingard, Greenwood (youth)

In total: 21 or 22 players plus 2 backup keepers plus 3 youths.

Loan:
Chong needs to go on loan to prove himself (can’t see himself being part of the team next season).

Last edited:

SER19

It's very early days but this concerns me slightly. No links to players like Jones, Darmian, Rojo, Pereira or Martial as yet.
Its going to be hard to shift lots of them. Martial will get one last chance I think. But with Valencia and herrera going, Fellaini already moved on this year I think darmian, pereira, sanchez mata , are the 4 most likely to leave. Lukaku or pogba might if an offer is good enough.

There's a few defenders possibly on the move this season with only a few clubs capable of getting them.

Maguire
De Ligt
Koulibaly
Alderweireld

1 will end up at City, one at Barca,. 1 has to end up with us. 1 plus Alderweireld would be great

Last edited:

romufc

The transfer window has opened.

Manchester United again linked with everyone.. links to every player you can name. Yes some might be links from agents and we are not interested. How is it that we are always the only club linked to every player - the best players end up signing for other clubs.

We get left with players who see the £££ signs.

We are linked with a new player on an hourly basis. what is going on? the club really needs to look at this and sort it out because all this does is increase the players transfer value and wages?

Is it just me or do we overpay for players other clubs would get at a reasonable price? both fees and wages?

Fred, Sanchez, Pogba, Lukaku whereas liverpool are signing Fabinho, City Bernado Real Jovic.

It is frustrating to see one of the best clubs who have a business culture cannot even do that correctly?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaw Mee Tah Mané

Oh, you're going to be quoted a lot after this one!
Personally i think Ødegaard is pretty good, and wouldn't mind if we got him cheap.
I'd say Ødegaard would be the perfect signing, don't even need to be cheap. Just splash €50m, or more. His set-pieces are worth €50m alone.

In yesterdays game (His first game in the AMC-role) he had 9 key passes, most succesfull dribles, tackles, sprints and the most km ran. All of the game with a smile on his face. He was unlucky to end the game with 1 goal & 2 assists. He was so much involved his highlight video from the game takes 15 minutes to watch. His stats crush de Beek in everything, the reason Ødegaard got a spot on team of the year over him. If de Beek is worth €50m, why not Ødegaard? He was a teenager 6 months ago.

Buy him for the RW-role, then buy Sancho next year and move Ødegaard in the middle.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
The names which we are looking at the moment are James, Longstaff, AWB and Pedro. That would only leave space for a CB signing if we go by this 5 signings in the summer thing.

I don't know but we will probably sign more than that if those will be our signings.

yamo123x

Cillessen
Wan-Bissaka Maguire Lindelof Shaw
Garner Gueye
James Bruno Zaha
Rashford​
Have u ever watched Garner play? Do you really think he will fit right into our starting XI ?
He is raw and very lightweight with respect i dont see him being in the first team mix this season.

yamo123x

Cillessen;
O'Connor - de Ligt (c) - Ferro - Shaw;
Van de Beek - Tonali - Ceballos;
Ounas - Felix - Martial.

subs: Lindelof, MCTominay, Fred, Dalot, Rashford, Greenwood, Romero.

Van de Beek - 30 mil
Felix - 70/80 mil.
Ferro - 30 mil.
de Ligt - 60/70 mil.
Tonali - 20 mil.
Cillessen - 20 mil.
Ceballos - Pogba + 140 mil.
Ounas - loan with an option to sign at 15/20 mil.

Total: 230 mil

Pogba : 140 mil + Ceballos.
Lukaku : 50 mil.
de gea : 30 mil.

total: 220 mil.

Living in muppet land i'm afraid.

Champagne Football

Have u ever watched Garner play? Do you really think he will fit right into our starting XI ?
He is raw and very lightweight with respect i dont see him being in the first team mix this season.
All I know from what I've read is that himself and Greenwood are the 2 that are expected to have huge careers, even though Gomez and Chong get a lot of hype.
Based on half-credible sources from the past week, this is how we might look if we landed our targets.
Romero
Wan-Bissaka Collins Godfrey Sessegnon
Rakitic Longstaff McTominay
James Pedro Rashford​

Last edited:

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The muppets are now out in force.
Normally, I'd be one of them, but I feel that unless we see a structural change and Woodward relieved of his footballing duties, we'll continue to aspire to challenge for 4th place.

Fer

Liverpool changed their team with just 4 players (and a top coach).

Allison, Van Dijk, Salah, Mane.

If we get De Ligt, Cancelo, Félix and Sancho we could have a similar improvement.

Icemav

If we get De Ligt, Cancelo, Félix and Sancho we could have a similar improvement.
Its a fair point. Huge signings though.

Bestie07

Problem is that there is no guarantee that those four will fit in as well here and the Liverpool signings have fit in. And that is provided we even manage to sign any of them.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
To expect 10 in 10 out is unrealistic and no chance of happening. But my expectation is around 4 or 5 in and 4 or 5 out, at the very least.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
To expect 10 in 10 out is unrealistic and no chance of happening. But my expectation is around 4 or 5 in and 4 or 5 out, at the very least.
Is that including the 3 that have already left? Fellaini, Valencia, Herrera..