Solskjaer's contract

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
:lol: exactly. Us nearly getting top four that season was a miracle considering where we started. Incredible that someone would try to use that as a stick to beat him with.
What?

AshRK

He should see out his contract. No point letting him go at end of the season especially when there is no good replacement available.

But I would seriously stay off from offering a new deal this season. Let us see how we end the season and if we can win a trophy or two before offering him a new deal.

Ludens the Red

If we finish in the top four then he should get a new contract. Like a two year deal or something. They don’t really mean much these days but it never gives a great message letting a managers contract run into the final season unless he’s truly fecking up which Ole isnt.

Hahahahaha. Jesus wept he took over a week before Xmas and still nearly rescued top 4 from miles behind.
When he took over we were 8 points off 4th.
We finished 5 points off 4th.

Do you think nobody will notice you making things up ? did GoldTrafford who is definitely not Sammsky put you up to this?

dove

It's probably already in the very final stages of the extension. As long as we hang around TOP 4, he is here for life.

hobbers

No intelligent club would offer him anything until part-way through next season, depending on whether we've improve on this season and are looking competitive.

But intelligence is in short supply and Ed loves having his buffer to the fans so expect him to get a 3 year extension before a ball is even kicked next season.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If we finish in the top four then he should get a new contract. Like a two year deal or something. They don’t really mean much these days but it never gives a great message letting a managers contract run into the final season unless he’s truly fecking up which Ole isnt.

Do you think nobody will notice you making things up ? did GoldTrafford who is definitely not Sammsky put you up to this?
I'm sorry to break it to you but we went on a 12 or 13 unbeaten run when he took over. We were on our knees. We ran out of steam in the end but to even put any blame on him for that half season shows how pathetic your argument is.

Jose was the one who ruined us not Ole. Give the guy some credit. He did a great job in that half season to steady a sinking ship. Then he got 3rd the following season.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
He will, but top 4 with no trophies, 2 years in a row shouldn't be good enough, not for Manchester United. Top 4 and a trophy, yes.
I read that the first time you said it, worry not.

tomaldinho1

Don’t see any issues and we’ll played, for once, Woodward regarding timing. This is how it should be for any unproven manager.

Ole gets CL, he’ll get an extension and if he doesn’t I think the search for a new manager will start.

Mainoldo

When does Poch contract expire? Let him see out his contract.

MrBest

I think he will definitely get a new contract, regardless of champions league football. The board and Ole are committed to "the new strategy", Ole is cheap and shifting the deadwood out still whilst rebuilding a team full of youth.

Do I believe he should be here next season, 100% not. Do I think he will win us a title, most definitely, but only on football manager.

Unfortunately the board have limited ambitions, as long as Ole keeps us in the mix (top 4 challengers), he will be here. I cannot see us winning a title for many years ahead. We will probably be knocked off our perch by first Liverpool, and then City. We have no choice but to accept we are no longer the club we once was.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'm sorry to break it to you but we went on a 12 or 13 unbeaten run when he took over. We were on our knees. We ran out of steam in the end but to even put any blame on him for that half season shows how pathetic your argument is.

Jose was the one who ruined us not Ole. Give the guy some credit. He did a great job in that half season to steady a sinking ship. Then he got 3rd the following season.
8 points off top 4, goes on an unbeaten run of 12 or 13 games...yet still no top 4? You must think we have short memories and can't remember how that happened. He went on an equally bad run after being made permanent.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

When he took over we were 11 points off 4th. I don’t think you should be lecturing others about ‘making things up’.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
8 points off top 4, goes on an unbeaten run of 12 or 13 games...yet still no top 4? You must think we have short memories and can't remember how that happened. He went on an equally bad run after being made permanent.
Ah true colours coming out now. The players were totally dejected and had no confidence whatsoever.

Ole did well that season coming in with no transfers with somebody's else's players.

Pathetic how you can't even give him that. Jesus wept. Call yourself United fans.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
As long Ole is online full agreement with the board’s conservative plans in regards to transfer spending (the early signs are that he is, with reference to a covid fractured economy), he will be here for the foreseeable future. I don’t think on-field performances are actually part of Ole’s appraisal as bizarre as it is. That’s the brutal truth, in my head.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Who would Woodward replace him with anyway? It's another failure on his head, with no easy target replacement
Is sacking a manager really considered a failure of the CEO nowadays? I get what you mean, but managers are sacked all the time. We never hear about it being the failure of the CEO anywhere else

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Many football teams have held off on extending contracts early on with people who have an uncertain future. Given how we've yet to win a trophy and typically yo-yo as a team, I wouldn't be surprised if Ole's contract isn't extended until his final few months with us. I'd fully expect the Glazers to prefer waiting and Woodward to look for potential new managers especially if Ole plateaus.

Jibbs

Oh please feck no. We should not give this guy an extension unless he wins us either the League or Champions League. If Poch is on 1.5 years contract at PSG, that is even more of motivation not to extend Ole's contract.

Cloud7

Hopefully we don’t jump the gun and extend his contract this summer. Knowing Woody that’s exactly what we’re going to do.

If all next season amounts to is another top 4 slog, without a genuine title challenge (And no, I wouldn’t call what this season is becoming a genuine title challenge) then I wouldn’t renew him after his contract ends next season.

Ole isn’t exactly going to have other clubs banging down his door either, and the club will know that, so they’ll know that they don’t necessarily have to rush an extension.

clarkydaz

Is sacking a manager really considered a failure of the CEO nowadays? I get what you mean, but managers are sacked all the time. We never hear about it being the failure of the CEO anywhere else
no other club would have someone like this in charge unquestioned after countless (expensive) bad decisions in so few years. Top 4 and Woody is home dry

Ludens the Red

Relax, I didn’t blame him for anything and i’m not putting forward an argument that he did. It was purely the point you tried to make about almost rescuing us from being miles off. That didn’t happen. We were never really close either way. Iirc Spurs and Chelsea were constantly losing towards the end of the season and begging someone to take their spots but ourselves and Arsenal were too useless to do anything.

When he took over we were 11 points off 4th. I don’t think you should be lecturing others about ‘making things up’.
I got my league table dates mixed up. Thought Mourinho was sacked after gameweek 19. Not a massive difference regardless and certainly not enough to proclaim we were “almost rescued after being miles off”.

CM

He'll get his contract extended and rightly so. Probably a 3 year one which loads of people will whinge about.

We're on the right track with Solskjaer and if he gets the backing to see it through he'll do a good job for us. He will be the first manager to get us back to back top 4 finishes since Ferguson retired, for a bit of perspective. Some might need reminding of that fact before chucking their toys out of the pram because we haven't won the league or Champions League.

hobbers

Ah true colours coming out now. The players were totally dejected and had no confidence whatsoever.

Ole did well that season coming in with no transfers with somebody's else's players.

Pathetic how you can't even give him that. Jesus wept. Call yourself United fans.

A more sensible bias-free reading would be he got a new manager bounce during a period of almost-zero expectations, that most managers following self-destruct-mode Mourinho would also have had. Then when it got to the point we were actually in the running for something again, and a tiny bit of pressure came about, the wheels came off, everything fell to pieces and we went on an apocalyptically bad run where the players didn't even bother trying. The Everton, Huddersfield and Cardiff games all live long in my memory. 8 points from a possible 27 since he signed a permanent deal and the results actually started to matter.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Don't extend it. Hardly as though he's going to jump ship and head to better pastures. Personally I'd be on the lookout for someone better. I don't think we're headed to the top with him as our manager although given his limitations he's done alright.

Infra-red

If we secure top 4, he'll get an extension this summer. He's relatively cheap, happy to tow the party line publicly and generally doesn't make a fuss. As long as the team keeps finishing at least 4th, Woodward and the Glazers won't rock the boat.

RedDevilzFox

I'd put him on a 12 month rolling extension assuming we get the top 4. No real risk of losing him to something else, the only downside is it undermines managers authority somewhat when he is on a short term gig but I don't see the point of handing him more than 24 months extension.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
For managers contracts are just formality.

Contract or no contract they will move to a better team, got fired for non performing, or ousted if failed to meet targets.

Ole Contract would meant nothing in the grand scheme of things

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
If we secure top 4, he'll get an extension this summer. He's relatively cheap, happy to tow the party line publicly and generally doesn't make a fuss. As long as the team keeps finishing at least 4th, Woodward and the Glazers won't rock the boat.
Relative cheap? He's i think the highest spending manager since saf at least.

And He's not exactly paid newbie salary. He's paid as manager of Manchester united accordingly.

shaky

Ha ha. Ole’s disciples losing their shit about a simple stated fact with no opinion whatsoever attached to it.
Colour me surprised.
The people losing their shit will be the outers, when the club rightly extend his contract. Why would Ole supporters be upset that the club are going to back him?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

When he took over we were 11 points off 4th position.

Caesar2290

I think Ole took us as far as he can take us. If we had an ounce of ambition we would already be looking for his replacement.

But knowing the way our club is run we will hand him a 5 year deal only to sack him 2 years into it because he narrowly missed out on Top4.

KetilOwren88

I think it’s vital to look at what Ole has done off the pitch and not put all the focus on results and playing style (even though results have been ok). The squad looks better, younger and the majority of the clear out is done. It’s a squad that’s easy to build upon and the team spirit and culture looks better. The constant chaos involving the club in media has decreased too.

R'hllor

Guess what happened after that streak doesnt count.

R'hllor

No issue with him getting his contract extended, does it even matter regardless of you being Ole in or out.

reddevilz007

Standards for the club have become so low, Ole will get a contract extension at the end of the season.

We’ll be watching City winning the league over and over again, while we’ll be content making top 4.

Greck

No intelligent club would offer him anything until part-way through next season, depending on whether we've improve on this season and are looking competitive.

But intelligence is in short supply and Ed loves having his buffer to the fans so expect him to get a 3 year extension before a ball is even kicked next season.
This. We're talking about the same board that renews players it wants to sell to inflated wages that make them unsellable.