Solskjaer's interview with Neville

Ancient Of Days

He is starting to sound like Moyes did all this relentless positivity when actually I'd rather he came out and said I've identified x y and z and will be working on such and such to improve it

If he says I think we played well after we've lost to Liverpool 4-0...
He's Moye's son so he's obviously going to sound like his daddy,

SaintMuppet

He is only taking part in interviews with people who won’t challenge him.

Pointless exercise to be interviewed by your mate. Let’s get somebody proper in to get at the truth and expose him.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Neville: "What message have you got for the fans? At the moment, they're a little concerned with the position in the league and not necessarily the performances but the results."

Really? :lol::houllier:
:lol:

Lee565

I dont buy this idea that we struggle to score because teams sit deep against us, if that was the case then why are we struggling massively away from home where the opposition are more adventurous in front of their home crowd?

izec

If Liverpool show up, which they often dont do at OT, we are screwed. It can get embarrassing, not on performance only, but results wise as well.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
If Liverpool show up, which they often dont do at OT, we are screwed. It can get embarrassing, not on performance only, but results wise as well.
Which I suspect some would be happy to see.

MisterLupus

Ole looks drained. That amazing start feels so long ago now. Regardless of where the real blame lies it's hard to see an up turn in form any time soon
The School of Hard Knocks - life will beat you down and then you'll either stay there like a whimper or rise with a roar stronger than ever. It was always going to be an uphill battle for Ole and personally I feel he's made it harder on himself than it needed be - but no matter all that I'm really rooting for him to emerge the champ we all need him to be.

jem

Ole reminds me of Margaery Tyrell during the purple wedding. The situation between Tyrion and Joffrey was as tense as can be only for her to point at the cake and say 'look, the pie'. That's what Ole does with kids especially Mason.
That doesn't really hold up. Margaery is the ultimate street-wise manipulator, and really couldn't be more different than OGS. He's more Podrick than Margaery, if we really need to go down the GOT route.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Neville: "What message have you got for the fans? At the moment, they're a little concerned with the position in the league and not necessarily the performances but the results."

Really? :lol::houllier:
It's like when you have to do a mockup interview with your friend for school homework and you include every single detail in your questions to please the teacher and make sure you get a good grade. And your friend will also give you detailed answers that you had prepared for him beforehand.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Not an interview. Just Neville using influence at Sky to do PR for Ole
First sentence “The fans all love you” yeah but doesn’t mean many don’t think you’re a crap manager. “This cleanup job” it’s been 10 months and he has more mess ups.

jem

What a joke of a statement you are lauding.

Of course it'd be acceptable - if he was saying "I'm happy with the performances" if we were winning, he'd have every fecking right to be happy! He'd be winning! What berserk logic is this??!! We are not happy with the fact that our manager deems it acceptable to be losing and dropping points while playing like lukewarm dogshite! That is not something ANY manager should be satisfied with, let alone the manager of a supposedly big club!

Do you think SAF would be in front of the cameras defending what we've seen in recent times, from this squad? Christ no. He would be FURIOUS.
Jesus, how does one get so worked over a pretty innocuous post?

jem

Cue "what do you expect him to say". Truth is for right and wrong reasons many managers don't want more football positions above them to water down their power or overrule their decisions.
But really, what would you expect him to say?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
That doesn't really hold up. Margaery is the ultimate street-wise manipulator, and really couldn't be more different than OGS. He's more Podrick than Margaery, if we really need to go down the GOT route.
I am referring to that specific moment in GOT not the character as a whole. As a character Ole reminds me more of Jon 'you know nothing' Snow or even Hodor.

Last edited:

minoo-utd

He mentioned Harry and Mactominay chances against Newcastle and Arsenal but did not pay attention that we did almost create nothing? This guy is such clueless.

jackal&hyde

Good honest interview. The squad lacks depth and without Pogba and Martial we are weak; we also need a few more players in the creative department to break down teams.

TheRedHearted

No, he’s Ned Stark. Great striker but terrible at playing the game of thrones.
Edit: needs major help at the game of thrones. Maybe he’s more Bron- great striker but ending up in his management position in the end is just not working atm

TheRedHearted

I loved the part when he said we’re gonna buy Erikson, Fernandez and Zaha in January

and ps I would have deleted my last post and edited these two together but I have no idea how to delete a post.

Eric7C

He mentioned Harry and Mactominay chances against Newcastle and Arsenal but did not pay attention that we did almost create nothing? This guy is such clueless.
Absolutely. Those were just one of the chances that United used to create in a game, and I am not even talking of the SAF era. We have never been this poor in attack since the great man left.

ants7

Good honest interview. The squad lacks depth and without Pogba and Martial we are weak; we also need a few more players in the creative department to break down teams.
But Ole said that there were no players available who would have suited us (even tough apparently we would be amazed about the quality of the players who apparently want to sing for us)...Although he also said that he's happy with the team.. but he also said that we're few player short...:houllier:

PieCrust

The problem was that the transfer window was woefully inadequate. We didn't re-enforce midfield at all and James alone isn't enough for the attack. Rashford and Martial have never shown enough consistency to be relied on as not only full-time starters, but as primary goal scorers. It's laughable. Lingard and McT have no business being a regular in the starting XI, they are just not good enough. Inisiting on playing a 2 man midfield when Pogba, by far our most talented player, is best in a midfield 3 or if inisiting on a 2 man midfield, refusing to play Pogba in the #10 role & instead letting Lingard or Mata play there. The defense was improved to an acceptable level, but the rest of the team is in shambles and anyone who looked at the squad after the window closed could see the writing on the wall; this United team is not good enough to compete for top 4 and probably not even top 6. We'll be closer to relegation than the top of the table points wise by end of season.

In addition to Maguire and AWB, we needed 2 midfielders and a starting RW and ST.

I don't see United improving as long as Ed is in charge of transfers. He's proven to be awful. The Glazers are also a problem, since they make no effort to remove Ed from a football role and bring in personnel who have a football background.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
What was the honest part? Have you ever heard about any other successful manager who do the talk before they walk? I’m starting to believe that Ole has less knowledge that I thought was possible.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Ole is Jon. Woody is Dany. United fans are the Stark kids.

Every time Woody signs a new sponsorship deal, we cheer him for it, and he grows more powerful and more sure he is good and right.

Last edited:

UpWithRivers

What a load of nonsense. I hate to say it but Ole is driving me to disliking him. As a manager. As a man and a player he will always be a legend. But as a manager he is full of shit.
Excuses, excuses, excuses. That's all we hear.
The squad lacks depth- Yes. No shit. How did a club like Manchester United get into this situation? No signings and letting players go. Ole said the structure is fine and the manager has final say. So either he's to blame or he's a big fat liar. Also we still lost to West Ham and Crystal Palace and played shit against the likes of Rochdale with Pogba in the team. And Martial. On top of that even with the injuries how is that a good excuse for the Newcastle result?
Injuries are not an excuse. Maybe against the top sides but not crap relegation fighting sides. And even if it is you are to blame for not making more signings.

Right players not available - There were loads of players that are better than the shit we have now. Fernandez, Partey, Haller, Pepe, Cebellos, teilmans, etc. Yeah we couldn't have got a lot of them for various reasons but surely we could have got one or two more. And if we really couldn't then why did we let players leave if we had no reacements.

3 years, patience, building is annoying me as well. Since when has this been a thing for a top side. Norwhich or Brighton I get but Man Utd!? It's a joke. Jam tommorow, I mean in 3,5, 10 years time. Maybe

jackal&hyde

But Ole said that there were no players available who would have suited us (even tough apparently we would be amazed about the quality of the players who apparently want to sing for us)...Although he also said that he's happy with the team.. but he also said that we're few player short...:houllier:
I would not put to much focuss on these things. When was SAF ever open about his plans, the market, etc. It's a fine balance of keeping team morale and also showing a bit of realism.

jackal&hyde

What was the honest part? Have you ever heard about any other successful manager who do the talk before they walk? I’m starting to believe that Ole has less knowledge that I thought was possible.
Don't know what you mean. He might never be a great manager but his press talking is perfect. Very SAF like.

Eric7C

Don't know what you mean. He might never be a great manager but his press talking is perfect. Very SAF like.
:lol:

Yeah I really see journalists and opposition managers quaking in their boots the way they used to with SAF.

Edit: Or in Neville's case - "journalist", not former mate and ideologue, no sir.

ants7

I would not put to much focuss on these things. When was SAF ever open about his plans, the market, etc. It's a fine balance of keeping team morale and also showing a bit of realism.
Fine. But by the last reports, the team morale is taking a hit also (if the reports are true, of course).

Foxbatt

Very conveniently ignored by the media some fans. What does he mean no players available who would suit us? Half the PL would suit is because they are better than the players we have. If he thinks, Messi, Ronaldo and co will come then he is living in cuckoo land.

Jerome Holland

He is deluded, i accept that he has to put a spin on the situation. I actually think he would be a bloody good DOF or working in PR but as a coach utter garbage. The clown Woodward coming out and backing him might be that both men will fall on their sword(s) sooner rather than later (wishful thinking on my part)

Reactions: KM

jackal&hyde

Fine. But by the last reports, the team morale is taking a hit also (if the reports are true, of course).
I'm sure that's the case given the results. My point is that when things are difficult the worst thing a manager can do is criticize the players and their individual quality. His true feelings on the players come during the transfer market IMO. I expect over the next 2 transfer windows to see a lot less of some of the players that we have to depend on right now (regardless who the manager is).

tonnas

As much as we love OLE this interview shows how inept and clueless he is :(

romufc

I saw a clip of Ole saying money is available. Money was available in the summer and will be in Jan.

He went on to say that they didn't sign more players because they were not the right choice.

This just shows how poor our scouting is, players should have been identified 3/4 months prior to the season end.

I say this because, Ole was appointed before the end of the season to prepare for this season. He knew Herrera was leaving and he didnt want Lukaku. If that is the case, you would have 3 choices in those positions identified before the transfer window opened.

Greck

But really, what would you expect him to say?
Things to do when you can't give a honest answer.
1. Deflect
2. Change topic
3. Deflect
4. Deflect the question

It's only what every other person on the planet does. He isn't restricted to answering the question head on

AneRu

I saw a clip of Ole saying money is available. Money was available in the summer and will be in Jan.

He went on to say that they didn't sign more players because they were not the right choice.

This just shows how poor our scouting is, players should have been identified 3/4 months prior to the season end.

I say this because, Ole was appointed before the end of the season to prepare for this season. He knew Herrera was leaving and he didnt want Lukaku. If that is the case, you would have 3 choices in those positions identified before the transfer window opened.
What Ole doesn't realize is that by taking ownership of the summer process he has absolved Woodward of any blame for that shambles and unwittingly laid the groundwork for his sacking. He is now the fall guy.

romufc

What Ole doesn't realize is that by taking ownership of the summer process he has absolved Woodward of any blame for that shambles and unwittingly laid the groundwork for his sacking. He is now the fall guy.
Unfortunately, with Ed Woodward in charge the manager will always be the fall guy.

He says there are footballing heads at the club? I wonder what they all are doing? If you have 4/5 footballing heads, I am sure at least one of them would have said.. HOLD ON, we are going into the season with no player having played CF for a length of time? No CM and no RW?

Surely, these so called footballing heads should have seen this and realised something is not right. It isn't like players were not available? Ziyesh was available
Tielemens was availabe

All at very reasonable fees

Bruno Fernandes was available.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
He keeps going on about the group giving everything, and their hard work and playing for the shirt. That's a bloody given at the top level if you want success. That needs to be married with quality which we don't have.

Has he once mentioned improving the play as a team? It's always about hard work.

Deluded.

arthurka

If it was Ole who didn´t buy a striker and a CM in the summer he should be sacked for that alone. But I still feel like we should hang in there and see what he will offer us after the next two transfer windows.