Solskjaer's legacy and his future

Remember the geese

He was seen as a figure of fun by football fans and the media. Many believed he was genuinely the worst manager in the Premier League and had no place being there. Ole did some good work here, but his reputation has taken a hit. Probably disproportionately compared to the job that he did.

Gandalf

Because he's not very good.

At the bottom end of the table he got Cardiff relegated.
At the top end he was given the world and failed.

PL bosses are either trying to push for top 4, or avoid relegation. He's shown he's no good at either.
That Cardiff team was doomed with or without him but regarding top 4 you are actually completely wrong. He had two full seasons and finished third and second so in fact he proved he is good at getting top 4. Facts don't care about your feelings.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
whenever scarlett johansson is single do you seriously consider making a move for her?

romufc

Because he's not very good.

At the bottom end of the table he got Cardiff relegated.
At the top end he was given the world and failed.

PL bosses are either trying to push for top 4, or avoid relegation. He's shown he's no good at either.
Narrative FC.

Was the Cardiff team outside the relegation zone when he took over?

Must mean Jose is same as Ole cause he was given the world and failed.

90 + 5min

Serious question.

Why isn’t he ever even mentioned in any of the recent managerial turnovers? Surely he could do a job at Everton or Watford for example.

When will we see him back in the PL?
I don't think we will. I think he is done with England. He got the chance to coach his dream club and did very well (until this season).

Now he can take time off and think whay he wants to do next. German or dutch league should be good for him but he might end up in Scandinavia because of his orgin.

Xaviboy

Simple Answer really.

Not a good coach or manager.

Mad to give him money to spend. Average players playing at the game at top level are deemed world class to him.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It’s not a serious question. I said all along, he wouldn’t get another job with a professional football club in this country. Gary Neville wouldn’t have him at Salford in League 2.

But thanks for giving me another opportunity to vent.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He looked like he needed a break. Maybe he is not available. Also it's been how many months..? two? this is the type of question you ask when a manager has been out of the job for a year.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Serious question.

Why isn’t he ever even mentioned in any of the recent managerial turnovers? Surely he could do a job at Everton or Watford for example.

When will we see him back in the PL?
He was/is the victim of a media-led drive to discredit him pretty much from the day he signed on as permanent manager.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Probably because he's not actually been interested at all in either of the two jobs.

That Cardiff team was doomed with or without him but regarding top 4 you are actually completely wrong. He had two full seasons and finished third and second so in fact he proved he is good at getting top 4. Facts don't care about your feelings.
I should clarify, no good at getting top 4 unless you give him half a billion dollars.

James Peril

He was/is the victim of a media-led drive to discredit him pretty much from the day he signed on as permanent manager.
Couldn’t disagree more! The man was protected for his entire stay, right up to the point it was miles beyond over. His competence was never questioned, he stayed on for free even though the club was doing incredibly bad. Contrary to your opinion, he was protected by the media and former players for being nice and sweet, unlike Mourinho and the likes who get no favors.

Zen86

The hatred here :lol:

We’re a managerial graveyard. No doubt Rangnick’s reputation will be in bits too if he fails.

Amarsdd

Couldn’t disagree more! The man was protected for his entire stay, right up to the point it was miles beyond over. His competence was never questioned, he stayed on for free even though the club was doing incredibly bad. Contrary to your opinion, he was protected by the media and former players for being nice and sweet, unlike Mourinho and the likes who get no favors.
:lol: what delusional world were you living in for the last couple of years?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
also, @Rhyme Animal , when you say "many recent PL openings" like "Everton or Watford for example ", which others besides the two do you have in mind?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
What other manager would ever have been so widely described as a PE teacher whilst sitting in 2nd place in the table? His competency was not only questioned but worse, never actually taken seriously at all.

Amarsdd

this + he's not English. So he'll need to build up reputation somewhere else in Europe before he gets a chance in the PL.

crossy1686

career ending
He's still on gardening leave from United, we're paying his wages until the end of the season unless he takes a new job. So like most smart people, he's probably waiting that out

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
What other manager would ever have been so widely described as a Ole Ole Ole I love you whilst sitting in 2nd place in the table? His competency was not only questioned but worse, never actually taken seriously at all.
Seems you're not allowed to type a certain phrase on here anymore :lol:

Gandalf

I should clarify, no good at getting top 4 unless you give him half a billion dollars.
Ah, the classic moving the goalposts trick. Not sure of your Maths there mate as he achieved a 3rd place finish in his first season with a net spend of 155M Euro. If you look at every transfer when he was at the club the total net spend rises to 327M Euro but 110M of that was at the start of this season and as he was sacked before Christmas you will never know where he would have ended up this year. So two top 4 finishes managed with significantly less than half a billion dollars and the only back to back top 4 finishes since the time of SAF. I am not saying he is a great Manager but it is a fact that there are worse Managers in the PL right now.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Some of you lot actually genuinely dislike him dont you?

Weird.
:lol:

Apparently there are 40 replies to this thread. I can only see about half of those and most of those are reasonable. Caf is actually a decent place when you've got the right people on ignore.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
this + he's not English. So he'll need to build up reputation somewhere else in Europe before he gets a chance in the PL.
He was never taken seriously, in the main, because he wasn't a good public speaker. By far his biggest failing as a manager. We had our own fans tearing him apart for what he was saying about passion & energy in his press conferences, when that was exactly what we could all see this team was lacking. Rangnicks comments on our play have been largely a carbon copy of that and nobody minds.

RORY65

Narrative FC.

Was the Cardiff team outside the relegation zone when he took over?

Must mean Jose is same as Ole cause he was given the world and failed.
They were 17th I think, when he left they were 17th in the Championship. The reality is he did a lot of decent things at United but not enough to get one of the better jobs while his record at Cardiff was so poor that a team looking for a firefighter wouldn't appoint him, he has no track record of being the man for that job. The problem he has as well is that in the way he manages and the way he speaks he's very old school so even midtable clubs like Crystal Palace looking to be more modern and progressive wouldn't go for Ole so I'm not sure where in the league he fits.

mu4c_20le

It's only been a month, and if he's smart he will bide his time rather than getting himself into another Cardiff situation.

Lampard has been out of work for a year.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
A combination of not being English and everyone just remembering the bad bits of his reign with his sacking still in the fairly recent past.

Would have been interesting if he had a Europa League trophy to his name though.
If he had won the Europa League he’d most likely still be here.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He should be mentioning racism towards Norwegians as the reason no club is after him, I am sure some would be pressured into hiring him.

Wing Attack Plan R

They were 17th I think, when he left they were 17th in the Championship. The reality is he did a lot of decent things at United but not enough to get one of the better jobs while his record at Cardiff was so poor that a team looking for a firefighter wouldn't appoint him, he has no track record of being the man for that job. The problem he has as well is that in the way he manages and the way he speaks he's very old school so even midtable clubs like Crystal Palace looking to be more modern and progressive wouldn't go for Ole so I'm not sure where in the league he fits.
More old school than Roy Hodgson?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
A combination of not being English and everyone just remembering the bad bits of his reign with his sacking still in the fairly recent past.

Would have been interesting if he had a Europa League trophy to his name though.
This. I sometimes wonder what else hinged on us just saving one of their 23 fecking penalties. I was dying for us to win something under him but it wasn’t to be.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He’s simply not good enough to coach in the EPL. Should go back to Norway and start their again because that seemed to be his level.

Ah, the classic moving the goalposts trick. Not sure of your Maths there mate as he achieved a 3rd place finish in his first season with a net spend of 155M Euro. If you look at every transfer when he was at the club the total net spend rises to 327M Euro but 110M of that was at the start of this season and as he was sacked before Christmas you will never know where he would have ended up this year. So two top 4 finishes managed with significantly less than half a billion dollars and the only back to back top 4 finishes since the time of SAF. I am not saying he is a great Manager but it is a fact that there are worse Managers in the PL right now.
You don't need to move the goalposts when a manager comes to a club with a bank balance likes ours and leaves us in the state we now find ourselves in.

I would struggle to see a single positive in appointing him if I were another Premier League club owner.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
:lol:

Apparently there are 40 replies to this thread. I can only see about half of those and most of those are reasonable. Caf is actually a decent place when you've got the right people on ignore.
I mean if you don't rate him then fine, have your rant. But some to actually despise / have some kind of vendetta against him.

It's Ole FFS!