Solskjaer's legacy and his future

Kaos

His achievements? :confused: :nervous:
Finishing 2nd in a season where our rivals were shite or ridden with injuries. Apparently that’s progress.

The state of this uncoached, overrated, overpriced, unbothered squad is down to him, and it’ll take years to undo the damage he’s done. We should have sacked him after that Europa league final.

NK86

He has left a shite squad behind. Worse than Jose and LVG. Shite manager who got the gig as we are a bunch of sentimental morons.

Zen86

So much for coaching and actual tactics will fix all our problems. Good ol’ moving of the goalposts :rolleyes:

L1nk

damn you ole for making the team lose versus a team you regularly beat, damn youuuuuuuuuu
It's his legacy that has the team this bad, that's his legacy, you can love him all you want but his weak management style and shocking transfers has left us with a bunch of overpaid unintelligent losers who are coddled and have no fight in them whatsoever

ash_86

Can't believe I was expecting this team to compete for the title at the beginning of the season

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I mean, the fact he got second with this team last season makes him look like Fergie winning the league in his final season with the team that he had.

Crashoutcassius

It's his legacy that has the team this bad, that's his legacy, you can love him all you want but his weak management style and shocking transfers has left us with a bunch of overpaid unintelligent losers who are coddled and have no fight in them whatsoever
oh i dont love him just laughing at this thread, prob the wierdest thread on the forum. oles time to go had come. just funny how desperate the posters are in this thread. wonder will it still be going in 5 years / 3 more managers with a totally different squad of 20

Ludens the Red

Finishing 2nd in a season where our rivals were shite or ridden with injuries. Apparently that’s progress.

The state of this uncoached, overrated, overpriced, unbothered squad is down to him, and it’ll take years to undo the damage he’s done. We should have sacked him after that Europa league final.
And don’t forget games were played behind closed doors. Less pressure. It was noticeable as well that even the year we came 3rd we were shite up until lockdown till about that last month before. You cannot underestimate how much playing behind closed doors benefited us.

We moaned for years and all those pricks claimed we were talking shit. Well this is it.. this is the end result of your Ole reign. A reign that they claimed would set the club up for years to come. It’s as low as its ever been. I remember the abuse and blame laid at what Mourinho left behind. This tops it.

Zen86

I don’t think you can blame Ole for having a manager that’s unable to get the best out of this squad, although plenty are trying their hardest.

Vaultech

Apart CL losses in finals against Barca, United's worst defeat in history is a win against PSG. Who would know back then that that win will cost club this much.
That's what happens when the club listen to fans. Most fans are idiots.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
He should be blacklisted from managing any top team for that mistake alone. Man cant be trusted with money. He spent it like a kid going to the candy store. Dont forget VDB, Diallo, Pellistri. Almost 200m with no value added to the squad
The prices were not Ole’s doing, that’s Ed. Have to wonder whether they were first choice signings though. Although he went through that buy British phase that turned out nicely for you guys

Anustart89

The prices were not Ole’s doing, that’s Ed. Have to wonder whether they were first choice signings though. Although he went through that buy British phase that turned out nicely for you guys
Obviously Ole didn't set the prices, but considering everyone knew how much the respective clubs asked for long before the transfers were completed, any sane person would've thought that "Hm, maybe I can do more with £130m considering I've got a [non-unlimited] transfer budget and a squad that needs overhauling". Instead, he chose to still go with those targets, only to then burn his first XI out towards the end of every season in charge due to not trusting his bench.

AndySmith1990

Solskjaer is one of the worst things to happen to us in the last decade. Look at the sate of our squad and then look at how much he spent. It's shambolic. As for the imbeciles who were desperate for a former player to succeed at the cost of the wellbeing of the club, well, I hope you're proud of yourselves. What inspirational top reds you are.

90 + 5min

Solskjaer is one of the worst things to happen to us in the last decade. Look at the sate of our squad and then look at how much he spent. It's shambolic. As for the imbeciles who were desperate for a former player to succeed at the cost of the wellbeing of the club, well, I hope you're proud of yourselves. What inspirational top reds you are.
Stay away from the truth if it makes you better. But we know where problem is and it is not managers. Time for you to maybe look at players instead of managers.

Crashoutcassius

city signed a player for the same money as AWB who literally is a rapist, and has been replaced multiple times since for another 60m

but somehow ole signing AWB is insurmountable for every manager for the next ten years - an impossible job when ole signed a right back who future managers dont rate !

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
You can’t put someone with a fantasy football level understanding of the game in charge for that long and expect to be left with anything resembling a team for the next guy.

And no, us Ole outters still can’t let go now he’s out because of all those weeks, months, years of witnessing what was allowed to happen to the club in the hope of a hollywood script ending. It won’t be next season when we can talk about making a full recovery from this either. We have NO team, just random players on ridiculous contracts.

Chairman Steve

He didn’t set the prices but he sure played them at every opportunity so he obviously rated them and thought they were good enough for Utd.

I couldn’t see Ole dropping his Rashy like Ralf has no problem in doing. Ole fell into a common trap any manager in any profession can fall into and become best mateys with his workers. Managers have to be a bit of a bastard sometimes, ideally tough but fair but Ole never seemed to be that. If you were in his circle of trust, you were untouchable and if you weren’t, then you would be frustrated as feck. He was so averse to using Dalot and Telles and then Ralf came in and they look to be his preferred fullbacks and I can see why. Did he seriously think Fred and McTominay are good enough to be in central midfield? He had a good few windows to look at that but thought that was fine.

I don’t think he’s wholly responsible for everything but he certainly contributed to what we’re seeing now. I think he’s enabled some of the attitudes we’re currently seeing from the players. I think he was too much of a pushover in the players eyes.

”Doesn’t matter if we half arse it today, lads, Ole will just say that’s football and pick us again!”

mu4c_20le

city signed a player for the same money as AWB who literally is a rapist, and has been replaced multiple times since for another 60m

but somehow ole signing AWB is insurmountable for every manager for the next ten years - an impossible job when ole signed a right back who future managers dont rate !
Shhh, that's too much red pill for some.

killerboi2

People still blaming Ole 4 months after he's gone, no surprises there. It's Arsenal Fan TV at this stage... Mourinho was instantly forgotten about (thank god) after he left.

hobbers

Stay away from the truth if it makes you better. But we know where problem is and it is not managers. Time for you to maybe look at players instead of managers.
Yes and Ole was supposed to move us away from signing that miserable profile of player.

But his major signings were even worse than his predecessors.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
People still blaming Ole 4 months after he's gone, no surprises there. It's Arsenal Fan TV at this stage... Mourinho was instantly forgotten about (thank god) after he left.
Because this is his team and he signed shite players and left them uncoached.

always_hoping

Whatever you say or thought about him as a manager at least they had the players mindset right for a Derby match. To repeat under him United won the last three Manchester derbies in the Etihad Stadium scoring 5 and conceding 1.

lex talionis

As every month passes, Ole's legacy as a manager looks worse and worse. We're playing better football under Ralf but this is a squad that was built haphazardly. No need to go into it player by player throughout the squad but I'll just mention here the RW position.

Even though it would have us more at the time, we should have brought in Sancho last season. No contract extension for Mata this season and last season, and no deals for Diallo and Pellistri. These are three players we're not using and didn't need if we had brought in Sancho last season, who could have bedded into the PL last season and hit the ground running this season.

killerboi2

Because this is his team and he signed shite players and left them uncoached.
We were told that the players weren't the problem and that once Ole left and they were coached properly things would be good again... just got thrashed 4-1 against City 4 months later. The team needs a clear out. Fans need to grow up now and move on from Ole now in my opinion

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
They're still at it though. Ole can do no wrong.

The thing is that ole will be brought up again and again because of these lot defending him blindly. It will take years to fix the mistake of ole's tenure.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
We have been very comfortable against Manchester City, primarily winning our games at Ethiad under Ole. And the squad was strengthened prior to this season.

There are several players who are struggling a great deal with their form, and the synergy just isnt there this season. How, or if it can be repaired, I dont know, but the foundation was certainly there prior to kickoff for the 2021/22 season.

Also, please dont be so childish that you insult people who arent even responsible for who the club hires. Why lash out at people who have nothing to do with whats happening? Be an adult.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
We were told that the players weren't the problem and that once Ole left and they were coached properly things would be good again... just got thrashed 4-1 against City 4 months later. The team needs a clear out. Fans need to grow up now and move on from Ole now in my opinion
Who told you that ?

Everyone knew for the longest time that maguire, awb and mcfred were shite.

McTerminator

People still blaming Ole for the clubs failings are hopeless.

Enjoy the next twenty years tearing your hair out and allowing this club to sour your lives.

You will be far better off if you can accept that the club will be without success while the glazers linger.

The reason Chelsea and City became global powerhouses and the reason United have suffered tumescent football and results for nearly 10 years are exactly the same… the owners.

90 + 5min

They're still at it though. Ole can do no wrong.

The thing is that ole will be brought up again and again because of these lot defending him blindly. It will take years to fix the mistake of ole's tenure.
It is actually Ole outers that constantly bring up Solskjaer for our players fault. Not the other way around.

We got new managers and we should support him. However, when we have players we have that let you down in most of games there is little a manager can do. Regardless of the name of manager.

killerboi2

Who told you that ?
Every single pundit and the stampedes of fans saying that "the players aren't being coached properly", suggesting that if they were everything will be alright again. The team is far worse than in 2020/2021 and 2019/2020.