Some praise for Jose

ricky-romeo

Nice to see he goes all gung ho and put in rashford for smalling rather than for martial or micki.

Very fergie esque

togg

Really pleased for him. Always wanted him here and always knew he'd turn it around against the natural impatience of many fans. He knows how to win and in my mind, this is the club he has coveted for a long long time. I hope he has huge success here. It won't be in the Fergie league because he just won't be here for as long....but just have a feeling it's going to be a pretty dam good ride.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Another win and this time he got it so right with the subs! Let's hope we're fresh for West Ham

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I think that is why he changed the team quite a bit......to keep it fresh for West Ham....having said that Zlatan is super human at the moment......just hope he can keep it going!!
I'm sure he can and today we finally showed that we have other players to score goals as well

Traub

Worst decision by this club in the past three decades was not appointing him to replace SAF. More and more obvious with each passing day

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Seriously though, there is absolutely 0% chance we win that under Moyes or van Gaal. Very good substitutes, too.
Under LVG we'd start back/side passing and count down the 90 minutes. The players go home, pick up a big pay cheque and we end up the losers. It happened so many times last December.
Under Moyes, our home record was pretty poor and we'd most likely have gone 2 down.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
When I saw rashford warming up I thought, "oh my god martial has been great so far, his confidence is going to be knocked again"

Jose suprised me by going 3 at the back, didn't expect that but he knew we had to throw the kitchen sink at them. Thank god he did and it paid off. Risks grant rewards.

Shark

@NotShark
Worst decision by this club in the past three decades was not appointing him to replace SAF. More and more obvious with each passing day
He has such genuine respect and love for the club. Including SAF. He was born to manage this club at some point.

LLMU

Gung-ho by putting all goal threatening players on the field to chase the game. This is what the club is about.

prateik

Wasnt there one against Watford where Basti scored late on?

Anyway. Was watching the post match and actually felt a little sad when he said his family was in Portugal and he was going to be in a hotel with his staff preparing for West ham.
Why cant his family move to Manchester? Or somewhere close.

unimaginative_name

Today was probably the first match Jose has impressed me as a United manager. He was very positive throughout the match bar the selection of Fellaini.

I hope Jose keeps on with this positive approach. I just wish he would give some chances to likes of Sean Goss in Europa league fixtures. Bringing on youngsters and taking a risk with them is something what I love about United, I would like Jose to keep it continuing.

prath92

Today was probably the first match Jose has impressed me as a United manager. He was very positive throughout the match bar the selection of Fellaini.

I hope Jose keeps on with this positive approach. I just wish he would give some chances to likes of Sean Goss in Europa league fixtures. Bringing on youngsters and taking a risk with them is something what I love about United, I would like Jose to keep it continuing.
He needs to rest carrick for WHU. And it's not like Fellaini did particularly anything wrong this game either. I wouldn't blame mourinho on anything for the game.

prath92

Wasnt there one against Watford where Basti scored late on?

Anyway. Was watching the post match and actually felt a little sad when he said his family was in Portugal and he was going to be in a hotel with his staff preparing for West ham.
Why cant his family move to Manchester? Or somewhere close.
Basti forced an OG vs Watford in November 2015. Though beside that can't think of many games we came back to win after a goal down (think we did it a few times in the cups though). We did get a draw a few times though.

unimaginative_name

He needs to rest carrick for WHU. And it's not like Fellaini did particularly anything wrong this game either. I wouldn't blame mourinho on anything for the game.
I would play a youngster, like Sean Goss or Timothy Fosu Mensah, instead of the afro. I'm absolute convinced that the youngsters wouldn't do worse than what the afro offered us. Jose needs to take more chances with youngsters when some main players are injured.

Fellaini should just be off to China, both United and he would probably get loads of money from that deal, it's a win-win situation.

prath92

I would play a youngster, like Sean Goss or Timothy Fosu Mensah, instead of the afro. I'm absolute convinced that the youngsters wouldn't do worse than what the afro offered us. Jose needs to take more chances with youngsters when some main players are injured.

Fellaini should just be off to China, both United and he would probably get loads of money from that deal, it's a win-win situation.
Jose won't play an inexperienced youngster over an experienced international just because fans won't like him. In fact you would be hard pressed to find managers who will.

unimaginative_name

Jose won't play an inexperienced youngster over an experienced international just because fans won't like him. In fact you would be hard pressed to find managers who will.
Pep Guardilola did bench Yaya Toure and trusted Sergio Busquets more. Busquets had only played for Barca B side before that. If you are good enough, you are old enough. These youngsters are technically miles better than Fellaini.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Jose said Carrick called off ill.

notcool

Supports
a
Fellaini brings balance to the midfield, just like Herrera. If Mourinho didn't go Herrera-Pogba-Mata yesterday, it's for a good reason.

rpg

Nothing can go wrong for emulating the great Fergie. Even if we did lose to Boro 2-0 by having Mata, Miki, Rashford, Zlatan, Martial and including the kitchen sink on the pitch together, its the referee who getting the blame. Hoped Moyes and Van Gaal did watch the game and learnt.

gica_7

The winner of Europa League directly goes to the Champions League. I think he will do everything to win that competition. Especially when the race for top 4 is as tight as this one.

But, with our recent form and the way we play, I think we will finish in the top 4 anyway.

Pep Guardilola did bench Yaya Toure and trusted Sergio Busquets more. Busquets had only played for Barca B side before that. If you are good enough, you are old enough. These youngsters are technically miles better than Fellaini.
Toure played the majority of the minutes in Guardiola's first season but Busquets was involved in 24 games. It was his second season that Toure was pushed to bench. I agree with what your remarks, don't get me wrong. But they still need more experience to be thrown into a game as intense as this one.

Last edited:

prath92

And the same pep went for toure ahead of Alex Garcia (who he rated going by his words) especially since toure is now a liability

prath92

Unless Jose has stated this we will never know (unless you are itk)
Either he was ill or he was rested. One way or another he wasn't gonna play yesterday. Kind of obvious. Jose himself said in the past he can't play Carrick every game because of his age.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Either he was ill or he was rested. One way or another he wasn't gonna play yesterday. Kind of obvious. Jose himself said in the past he can't play Carrick every game because of his age.
So what you really mean is you don't know? Lol

cazoran07

He handled Mkhitaryan badly. He was good from the beginning, excluding the freak City game with an injury.

The rest i agree.
Ridiculous post. How can you say he was good from the beginning?
He was shocking against city then never played for months !

cazoran07

Some of the armchair managers on here are complete bellers, or trolls, difficult to tell sometimes.
My thoughts exactly.
It's embarrassing reading some of the posts.
I'd nearly swear half are scousers