Souness at it again…

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
The coverage is embarrassing. It’s like fans down the pub sneering at each other

Betson

He is loving this , Neville described him and Carraagher as like a couple of gloating kids.

This one is going to take a long time to live down.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
We always manage to give people like him the last laugh. So infuriating.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
His constant touching Kelly Dalglish’s arm and talking about “your dad” is weird too. I’m sure she doesn’t consider it professional.

Sylar

Annoying thing is souness was right but for the wrong reasons but it won't matter.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Gary's right - he's gloating like a little boy on the playground when in fact he's a freaking old dinosaur. he's argument is he felt that Liverpool would win today. Well, so did I (I predicted 3-0). does that mean I can have his job? pathetic little man who doesn't think the second half was a freak just because we've lost heavily before this season... but somehow didn't dwell for too long on the madrid result

cyberman

The coverage is embarrassing. It’s like fans down the pub sneering at each other
It’s the banter era of punditry. It’s why we have Gary and Jamie every fecking scouse game.
It’s uncomfortable watching it. This is why Gary being over sensitive of being a United fan should fall away now. The other two aren’t hiding their bias.
I remember Jamie nearly crying on the pitch at Brentford and Gary was still holding the middle ground even letting Jamie rant and rave without any prodding back.

JustinC00

After a playing career at the lower levels in France and Germany, and having already failed trials at Gillingham, AFC Bournemouth, and Rotherham United playing once in a reserve game for the latter, Dia joined non-league club Blyth Spartans, where he made only one substitute appearance – on 9 November 1996 in a Northern Premier League game against Boston United

Days later, Dia was signed by Southampton manager Graeme Souness, after Souness received a phone call purporting to be from Liberian international and then-FIFA World Player of the Year, George Weah. "Weah" told Souness that Dia was his cousin and had played for Paris Saint-Germain as well as 13 times for his country and should give him a chance at Southampton. None of this was true and the phone call to Souness was a hoax. Souness was convinced and Dia was signed on a one-month contract. However, it is disputed who made the initial call to Souness. Some sources state it was Dia's friend from university, while some say it was Dia's agent and it has also been suggested that it was Dia himself who made the call. It was later reported that the same stunt had been pulled on Gillingham, who offered Dia a trial, but was let go by manager Tony Pulis who said that Dia was "rubbish". Harry Redknapp, then manager of West Ham United, also received the same call but dismissed it as "a wind-up".

Dia played just one game for Southampton, wearing the number 33 shirt, against Leeds United on 23 November 1996; he had originally been scheduled to play in a reserve team friendly against Arsenal, but the match was cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch. In the match against Leeds, he came on as a substitute for the injured Matt Le Tissier after 32 minutes, but was later substituted himself (for Ken Monkou) in the 85th minute;[ Leeds won the match 2–0. Le Tissier said: "He ran around the pitch like Bambi on ice; it was very embarrassing to watch.

Woodzy

He literally referred to the Liverpool second half against Madrid as 45 minutes of madness, but refuses to acknowledge this second half as something similar.

Neville is right, it’s a freak result, you play this game again next weekend and you probably don’t see 7-0. We put in an incredibly unprofessional and unacceptable 45 minutes that you wouldn’t even see from teams battling relegation.

And yes, the story of this game is more about how poorly we played as opposed to an outstanding Liverpool performance.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
His constant touching Kelly Dalglish’s arm and talking about “your dad” is weird too. I’m sure she doesn’t consider it professional.
Only reason she is in that chair is because of who her dad is ffs and Souness putting in a word. I'm sure she's fine.

eire-red

It’s the banter era of punditry. It’s why we have Gary and Jamie every fecking scouse game.
It’s uncomfortable watching it. This is why Gary being over sensitive of being a United fan should fall away now. The other two aren’t hiding their bias.
I remember Jamie nearly crying on the pitch at Brentford and Gary was still holding the middle ground even letting Jamie rant and rave without any prodding back.
Think the scouse went through too many years hating us, but them not really being relevant to us when battling Arsenal, Chelsea and City while they loitered somewhere between midtable and 4th.

I think this is why they seem to get such satisfaction from pasting us these past couple seasons. Under Fergie, it almost felt like beating Liverpool was just an obstacle to the ultimate goal of Champions.

It has twisted the scouse mind into a grotesque thing. Just like Carra laughing on commentary. Have some class you scum. Some poor United kid might be getting spat at tonight.

croadyman

Karma will get him one day,literally wanted to put hand through screen with the stuff he was saying

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Says some really dumb stuff, for example he was saying 'this Liverpool crowd were not going to allow Liverpool to lose today '

croadyman

Think the scouse went through too many years hating us, but them not really being relevant to us when battling Arsenal, Chelsea and City while they loitered somewhere between midtable and 4th.

I think this is why they seem to get such satisfaction from pasting us these past couple seasons. Under Fergie, it almost felt like beating Liverpool was just an obstacle to the ultimate goal of Champions.

It has twisted the scouse mind into a grotesque thing. Just like Carra laughing on commentary. Have some class you scum. Some poor United kid might be getting spat at tonight.
Should have been sacked not suspended when he spat at the child

Betson

What he said now?
More or less said that everything he has been saying about Utd ben overrated this season has been justified by today. Says we have been lucky to be where we are in the league and win the league cup and what we saw today was the real Man Utd and are still a long way off been a decent team.

Hard to argue that we are not miles off when you get a result like that but credit to Neville he gave it a good shot. But impossible to defend Utd after that.

Tyrion

He's said some strange things through the years. I'm a little surprised he's lasted this long.

Tyrion

More or less said that everything he has been saying about Utd ben overrated this season has been justified by today. Says we have been lucky to be where we are in the league and win the league cup and what we saw today was the real Man Utd and are still a long way off been a decent team.

Hard to argue that we are not miles off when you get a result like that but credit to Neville he gave it a good shot. But impossible to defend Utd after that.
How can a league position be lucky? I always think those arguments are stupid.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Only reason she is in that chair is because of who her dad is ffs and Souness putting in a word. I'm sure she's fine.
She got her start because of her Dad but she's been doing this a long time, she doesn't keep her job because of her Dad, she keeps it because her bosses think she's good at it

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
They all went through too many years of United dominance.

Betson

How can a league position be lucky? I always think those arguments are stupid.

At the the end of the season the league table rarely lies. But teams can be in false positions for parts of the league. Does anyone really believe we are a better team than Liverpool , yet we are still ahead of them.

Big job on ETH's hands now to make sure any progress is not thrown away, last thing we need is a free fall from here. Then Souness will never shut the fcuk up about it.

cyberman

She got her start because of her Dad but she's been doing this a long time, she doesn't keep her job because of her Dad, she keeps it because her bosses think she's good at it
She seems to do Liverpool games every week for a reason and it’s not because they can look past who her dad is

Tyrion

At the the end of the season the league table rarely lies. But teams can be in false positions for parts of the league. Does anyone really believe we are a better team than Liverpool , yet we are still ahead of them.

Big job on ETH's hands now to make sure any progress is not thrown away, last thing we need is a free fall from here. Then Souness will never shut the fcuk up about it.
We'll see by the end of the year. City were well beaten by Wolves twice a couple of years ago and finished several places above them. Liverpool could easily lose by 4 to Real while we knocked out Barca who are above Real in their league.

Souness is a prat who doesn't add much so I wouldn't take much notice of him.

cyberman

She is good though. Better than most of the men on there and much better than Jake Humphries who wants to be centre stage.
I dont mind her but I don’t think she particularly stands out.
it does become Liverpool tv at times though. There’s games that has her, Souness and Redknapp in the studio with maybe someone from the opposition and then has Jamie on commentary.
It’s just too much at times

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I dont mind her but I don’t think she particularly stands out.
it does become Liverpool tv at times though. There’s games that has her, Souness and Redknapp in the studio with maybe someone from the opposition and then has Jamie on Carragher.
It’s just too much at times
Think she is pretty knowledgable, but main thing is she lets the guests talk and keeps them under control. She doesn't butt in with her opinions that isn't what she is there for.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
English football punditry has been a train wreck for as long as I can remember. Its not worth watching. It revolves around gloating and/or the controversial decisions that happened. If United had a dodgy VAR decision to lose 7-1, half the time would be spent on that