Source - Manchester United believe football under Mourinho 'much better'

hobbers

Playing better, just shit finishing and shit lapses of concentration at the back. Which you can't really help with Jones and Rojo.

wiz4231

Maybe we are playing better but the decision making is still very very poor for an elite club.

Mindhunter

Ha ha ha no I didnt think he was right for united. I hope he proves me wrong. It's far more than a successful track record. Klopp and Pep were far more united managers in my opinion. Your condescending attitude is actually quite sad - you don't really get the club do you?
Blaming others of condescending attitude? Nice.

To your point, there are multiple threads on the forum that dispels the "United Way" BS that has been going on for far too long. The only philosophy we have should be winning. If a manager who is considered the most successful in the last decade can not be a United manager is just acting too rich. We are not in that position since SAF left to act pricey and we are actually lucky to have him at this point where our rivals have top level managers of their own.

Also, the belief that Guardiola would have somehow immediately converted this mess of players past their prime and players earning far more than the deserve into immediate title challengers is a myth.

MILLHILLMANC

Blaming others of condescending attitude? Nice.

To your point, there are multiple threads on the forum that dispels the "United Way" BS that has been going on for far too long. The only philosophy we have should be winning. If a manager who is considered the most successful in the last decade can not be a United manager is just acting too rich. We are not in that position since SAF left to act pricey and we are actually lucky to have him at this point where our rivals have top level managers of their own.

Also, the belief that Guardiola would have somehow immediately converted this mess of players past their prime and players earning far more than the deserve into immediate title challengers is a myth.
We can agree to disagree. So a bunch of people have dispelled the 'united way' on red cafe...woo hoo.

You know what - I'm a romantic when it comes to football. Maybe it's because my dad was a stretford ender and I had a season ticket for over 20 years. United is a religion to many. It's more than just about winning. It's in the blood and so is the attractive football associated with the club.

If you are typical of our fan base today then I despair

buckooo1978

I dread to think how some of the United brats - who post first x games comparisons and we've spent x so we should be y - would have reacted during Fergies first few years in charge

Im no Mourinho fan boy but the man deserves time

Get some perspective and realise are small margins away from many different results with lots of development and change to come

Heista

Supports
Ajax
I know it's not a popular opinion, but in a perfect world Mourinho would get sacked/replaced by a manager who is not the human lovechild of a snake and a hyena (and even without the humour of the hyena) and the new manager would get us to play better football and better results.

I don't like the guy (In case that wasn't obvious), but unfortunately the world is broken.

GBBQ

I know it's not a popular opinion, but in a perfect world Mourinho would get sacked/replaced by a manager who is not the human lovechild of a snake and a hyena (and even without the humour of the hyena) and the new manager would get us to play better football and better results.

I don't like the guy (In case that wasn't obvious), but unfortunately the world is broken.
Who is this mystical manager that would guarantee success?

notcool

Supports
a
Didn't they say the same about the football under Van Gaal?

Mindhunter

We can agree to disagree. So a bunch of people have dispelled the 'united way' on red cafe...woo hoo.

You know what - I'm a romantic when it comes to football. Maybe it's because my dad was a stretford ender and I had a season ticket for over 20 years. United is a religion to many. It's more than just about winning. It's in the blood and so is the attractive football associated with the club.

If you are typical of our fan base today then I despair
Do you really believe we are not playing attractive football? Specially after the LVG era?

Also, no one has dispelled anything. What you call as the "United Era" was for a few years during SAFs regime and it was more of a function of the players we had at the club than anything else. In SAF's last few seasons, we were extremely poor in our football and capitulated anytime we came across a good European side. Our ability to win against all odds was what defined SAF in the end, not the attractive football in some of those seasons.

Before SAF, we were not exactly the standards of attractive football either so I really don't know how the Stretford End and the 20 year old season ticket comes into the picture. Please respond with some data points and not conclusions formed by your own opinions.

MILLHILLMANC

Do you really believe we are not playing attractive football? Specially after the LVG era?

Also, no one has dispelled anything. What you call as the "United Era" was for a few years during SAFs regime and it was more of a function of the players we had at the club than anything else. In SAF's last few seasons, we were extremely poor in our football and capitulated anytime we came across a good European side. Our ability to win against all odds was what defined SAF in the end, not the attractive football in some of those seasons.

Before SAF, we were not exactly the standards of attractive football either so I really don't know how the Stretford End and the 20 year old season ticket comes into the picture. Please respond with some data points and not conclusions formed by your own opinions.
Mmmmmm there was a chap called Matt Busby and a famous song about the way his teams played...oh yes and then docherty with his 424 formation and you know what big Ron s teams played some great stuff...Fergie brought it all together...I don't need Data points or anything else....all I know is that since Fergie left we have spent a fortune on players and the football has been drab...this is not the Utd way of playing.

Sigma

Good to hear this, support the manager. The results aren't great but I'm happy with the performances. He'll get it right.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'm no longer depressed with our football, only the results now. One step at a time.
Exactly. Now the disappointment is more because many think we should've won those draws. Massive improvement from past frustration of 80% possession and 2 shots on goal in 90 min.

m1y2

Playing better, just shit finishing and shit lapses of concentration at the back. Which you can't really help with Jones and Rojo.
because there was an urgent need of gicing stick to the palyers who don't deserve it, they are good players under Mourinho, our problem is finishing in the first place an that's it the defence needs to build an understanding but you can tell that it got better when it was one man Chris Smalling defense with not a real defensive midfielder

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
We are streets ahead of where we were under Moyes in literally every way imaginable, the only thing holding us back right is our diabolical conversion rate.
You really do wonder how anyone can not see that we're miles above our two previous managers despite our results not being there yet

DevilRed

I actually look forward to the matches these days. You cant say the football is bad either. Just another level of frustration with all the missed chances and dropped points.

If we actually had a little luck we might be challenging for the title right now. Surely we will turn the corner...eventually?

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
We're playing much better football this season and I'm not bored rigid watching us. Just going to take time to click.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Still behind the top 4 on most statistics so a long way to go yet, but night and day compared to last season.
Indeed. And we’re not that far from the top 4 (or 5) in terms of those stats. Couldn’t find the ”Chances created” stats.

Shots on target / per game – More than Arsenal, almost level with Chelsea & City
Total shots – More than Chelsea & Arsenal
Overall rating – Level with City, 0.02 from Spurs

CG1010

This confirms what I have believed that this season is actually quite similar to Van Gaal's first season. He did quite well in his first season. It was his disastrous summer window of poor incoming and outgoing decisions thereafter which led to his downfall.
This season, if we keep steadily improving on the chances creation and improve our conversion rate then we will have a good chance to finish in the top 4.

Heista

Supports
Ajax
If football was a beautycontest, than Mourinho would win from Moyes and Van Gaal.
For me it's points first, better play second.

Crashoutcassius

Do you actually watch games or do you just check results and tables?
We are discussing a fecking table that is a few posts above my post. He is a whisker ahead on the table. Apologies for not explaining it so that people who can't extrapolate anything would understand

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This confirms what I have believed that this season is actually quite similar to Van Gaal's first season. He did quite well in his first season. It was his disastrous summer window of poor incoming and outgoing decisions thereafter which led to his downfall.
This season, if we keep steadily improving on the chances creation and improve our conversion rate then we will have a good chance to finish in the top 4.
No doubt about it. LvG shot himself in the foot and in the process probably sealed his own fate by astonishingly getting rid of Van Persie, Hernandez, and Nani in the same summer. The mind boggles.