Kick-off
Mon, 8 December 2014 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 56 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DevilRed

3 at the back is a fecking travesty. Disaster waiting to happen. Especially when you put in an out of form Evans at the back. Losing smalling was a blow.

Fellaini has made so many errors in this match. Hopefully improves in the second half but not holding out any hope because hey have plopped him at the base of the diamond.

What we need in jan are fullbacks so we don't need to play 3 at the back ever again.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
    Is it me or did the defence completely fall apart when Smalling went off? Seemed comfy enough up to that point.
    Yeah, as much criticism as I've given him, he's the only one who can play in that central role in a back three. The rest are too weak or simply aren't as good at the defending part.

Kitch87

If the whole world can see that we are Absolute shite with this formation then why the feck can't van gaal see it

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
    I hate it and hate it when our players are afraid to take risk by moving the ball forward or making a forward control. Too many back passes hurt my fecking soul.

RedStarUnited

Let me be one of the first to say it....ITS NOT THE feckING FORMATION THAT IS CAUSING US TO MISPLACE PASSES ETC!

ahh....Feels better...

Someone

Something
    I'm glad the brain farts came in the first half, they aren't really all that good.

I don't get this 3-5-2 though, we always seem to create less chances and struggle defensively more with it than we do with the diamond.

Man-United

LvG has everything to prove, I don't think what the feck he's trying to do with this system, changing all the time, £150M spent on players who can't stay fit either.

Irrational.

HT:

Our shit away form continues.

A point will be a great result for us at this rate.

A few observations:

Smalling is glass, and ever since he went off with an injury our defence has been riddled with uncertainty and complacency.
    Fellaini has been shit, at fault for their goal.
    Mata non-existent - I'd replace him with Januzaj.
    Rooney has been absent.

We better buck our ideas up or there's going to be another L on our record very soon.

We only have one more sub to make, and we could do with Januzaj or Falcao on really. Shame we can't have both, as they'd both give us something more than what our current line-up has offered.

Taxx

Can't believe we lost Smalling, again. I have no hope for him ever staying healthy in the long run. And he was being so, so, so good lately.

Mersault

This will be one LVGs most interesting half-time talks...a huge game where a win would really create a platform, amazingly, despite changes in tactics and a completely unprecedented injury toll

He won't like us being suffocated in our play, panicked into terrible passes and looking more and more scared. Particularly against Koeman. Throwing Ander on and dropping Carrick deep, should theoretically give us much more possession and purpose in midfield, just need major motivation and belief at half time to turn this game around

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    I want LVG to give them a bollocking but he's the one playing this shit formation. It isn't attractive, we look like we are gonna concede every time they attack and we are creating feck all. Get it changed.

Kag

That was worse than Arsenal. What's worse is how predictable it all is. Why is it that when our managers do stupid things, and us idiotic armchair supporters all complain, we're more often than not proven right? Excruciating performance compounded by utter bullshit from the players, namely Fellaini, Mata and McNair.

Roboc7

3-5-2 is a disaster everything time we use it, we got lucky against arsenal but it's been shocking today, have been totally outplayed right from the kick off. Mata and Fellaini look completely lost but as we have used 2 subs already we are stuck with them.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    Fellaini has been so shit. From the first 5 seconds losing out to Wanyama he has looked awful.

Two subs down already though.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
    ----------------RVP Rooney
    --------------------Mata
    -------------Herrera Fellaini
    --------Young Carrick Valencia
    -------------Evans-----Rojo
    --------------------DDG

KEOGH

Passing has to be quicker...too many touches on the ball. Herrera just before half time showed how to do it, chance for rvp....more of this please!! Fellaini is having a very very poor game

Will Singh

The setup from the start was wrong, this 3-5-2 is just to negative I mean we ain't created nothing in the first half!

I hope they get there ass in gear in the 2nd half my prediction before the match was 2-1 and I recon we will do it!

Krits

Atrocious defending. McNair and Fellaini have been really poor. Hopefully Fellaini gets his act together.

4-4-2 please. Thanks.

FromTheBench

Bit of a shit first half but not as bad as you negative fecks are making out. We looked comfortable enough when we're defending, its just since the injury to Smalling we've looked collectively nervous on the ball.

Fellaini has been dreadful, even compared to last seasons standards. Worst player on the pitch. McNair was poor and deserved to be subbed too. Attackers aren't getting on the ball enough but its been better since the sub with Herrera on.
    We've not created one chance or even gotten into dangerous attacks.

They've had like 5/6 of dangerous attacks atleast and 2/3 chances.

We deserve to be losing been shite.

And We are gonna lose this unless we do something to change and improve.

Revan

Assumptionman
    Are we playing 4-4-2 (or similar) now?
    3-5-2. Carrick just took McNair's position, Fellaini took Carrick's position while Herrera took Fellaini's position.

Basically it was make a shit tactic which isn't working, and then change two midfielder's position for whatever reason.

United98

those defenders didnt know how to play with 3.
    im sure this three at the back cant work against a middle level or lower level opponent.

Devil may care

One of the worst halves of football we have played under LvG, Carrick has been the only player that has looked like he can do his job properly. this back 3 crap does not work, and just when I thought LvG had realized this with the McNair/Herrera substitution, he goes and sticks our best CM at CB.

Rudi j

Are the defenders of the 352 formation finally going to shut up now?

I don't care what anyone says some of the decisions van gal makes and has made these past few months have been very baffling.

RedRavi

Apart carrick, theyve all been shite, and fellaini the lads misplaced or got caught on the ball atleast 7 times now that ive counted. Also surprise surprise the only passing play we've made in the whole half came from herrera

waza7111

Southampton are pressing and our players don't have a clue how to deal with it. This has been a problem for years.

doomy20

What the feck was that. Will be 3-1 or higher if we continue to play that horsesh*t.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
    The only difference between Van Gaal and Moyes is that this season we've been a bit more lucky. Same dire football, nothing is changing.

finneh

Hairdryer time. Rooney, Fellaini and McNair all very poor. Mata anonymous.

Van Gaal's time to earn his salary.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Robin Van Persie image Robin Van Persie 82% of 810 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 552 ratings.