Sat, 27 August 2022 @ 12:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    Martial injured again? He's far too unreliable these days. Pray we complete the Anthony deal before the window shuts.

Casemiro for McTominay is the only change ETH should consider. Otherwise, it makes sense to persist with the team that beat Liverpool to build some momentum.

Dannn411

Feeling a lot more worried now kickoff approaches

I know that if we play like Monday we'll be fine and we'll win well but I still don't trust them. Our away form has been absolutely shocking for so long now.

This weeks been so nice as a fan, as nice as I've felt about utd in 2 seasons. Please, please, please don't make me go back to that other place. Please play well. Please
    Pretty much my feeling. We're not out of the woods yet. Not even close. The team still has a lot to prove, especially against teams outside the top 6, starting today.

Lentwood

This is a huge test today. We know we're capable of pulling results out of the fire in big games by playing on the counter but will we be able to match those levels of effort and energy in one of the most "nothing" games of the season?

Southampton are about as bland as bland can be. There's no rivalry, it's a Saturday lunchtime KO, we're coming off the back of a big adrenaline rush following the Liverpool with...it has all the ingredients of one of those lethargic, lazy performances this team can turn out.

JanK

Supports
    Napoli
    Casemiro not starting I guess, expecting a similar lineup as was vs Pool and similar subs (maybe Casemiro coming for McTominay) and maybe seeing a youngster (Garnacho, Garner) having some minutes as well.

Most vital question is - does ETH see dropping Shaw-Maguire-Ronaldo as a result for Pool's win or a fluke?

Coops73

Not got a great feeling about this one, which feels a bit weird after the Liverpool win, I’m still unsure that these players has what it takes to be consistent but we’ll see.

Would like him to start with the same team as Monday but with Casemiro instead of McTominay.

podurban2

Tony is injured again? How do these injuries even occur... Ah well, that's a bummer. Let's hope Rashford continues his form. Looking forward to see Casemiro!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Insightful addition to the conversation Sandikan. Keep up the good work.
    Sorry but if you can't even spell a fairly famous player's name correctly by now it needs immediate clamp down.

Cathy Ferguson

This is a huge test today. We know we're capable of pulling results out of the fire in big games by playing on the counter but will we be able to match those levels of effort and energy in one of the most "nothing" games of the season?

Southampton are about as bland as bland can be. There's no rivalry, it's a Saturday lunchtime KO, we're coming off the back of a big adrenaline rush following the Liverpool with...it has all the ingredients of one of those lethargic, lazy performances this team can turn out.
    I agree. Hopefully we can build on Monday's performance. I think Casemiro will not start. McTominay had a decent game against Pool. Would send the wrong message to bench him.

nainaisson

De Gea better hoof the ball whenever there's even a hint of a high press, or I'm going to throw something at my TV.

ShinjiNinja26

I'm amazed that over 75% are predicting a win away from home.
    Law of averages suggest we’re due an away win at some point and it’s no surprise after receiving a confidence boost from beating Liverpool. It’s probably the most positive the dressing rooms been going into an away game for months.

cyberman

We have one win in 3 and a horrendous away record. He has to start

ShinjiNinja26

I’d keep the same line up that beat Liverpool with the only change being Casemiro for McTominay. We need that same energy against Southampton because no doubt they’ll come out the blocks fast and try and press us high up the pitch like last time, need that pace to hit them on the break when there’s a turn over in possession.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
    Looking forward to this today. I’m not expecting anything amazing but I do hope to see a continuation of the style we showed against Liverpool. I want to start to recognise that this is our new way. I want to be convinced Liverpool wasn’t a one off.

I think Maguire will still be out and Im looking for another strong Martinez performance and Varane to make it through another game in one piece.

Hopefully we get to see Casemiro. Would be good to see him start but I guess he’ll come on later in the game maybe, who knows?

Fairly novel feeling, actually looking forward to matches again, been a long time.

Hester_manc

Once ETH found his best starting 11 in Ajax, he did not change his starting line-ups that much. So I think he will start the same 11 players, who played against Liverpool. Casemiro will start on the bench, I think.

MackRobinson

Supports
    Football
    Law of averages suggest we’re due an away win at some point and it’s no surprise after receiving a confidence boost from beating Liverpool. It’s probably the most positive the dressing rooms been going into an away game for months.
    You know this is not a real thing right? Gambler's fallacy.

Tigersam

Supports
    Arsenal
    I thought team news was released at 90 minutes before kick-off this season (not an hour) they certainly changed the cut-off on fantasy football league, does that apply to Saturdays early match?

Jacob

Once ETH found his best starting 11 in Ajax, he did not change his starting line-ups that much. So I think he will start the same 11 players, who played against Liverpool. Casemiro will start on the bench, I think.
    I think Eriksen will be dropped for Fred. That way he can start Casemiro and give him the safety of playing alongside Fred who he is used to.

phelans shorts

I thought team news was released at 90 minutes before kick-off this season (not an hour) they certainly changed the cut-off on fantasy football league, does that apply to Saturdays early match?
    They changed the fantasy leagues because people working on games get team news 75 minutes before kickoff, with announcements an hour before. People working had been caught changing their fantasy teams in those 15 minutes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 369 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Southampton win
  • Draw