SpaceX

Scheduled to send 2 astronauts into space tonight, the first time it has ever been done by a private company and marking a new era in space flight. I never thought they would get this far and it's an incredible feat.

Edit: It can be watched live here, with the second launch attempt set for 20:22 UK time:

Last edited:

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Pretty exciting stuff, will tune in thanks.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Someone quote me about 10 minutes before launch, and I'll nominate you in the soundest person ever thread.

United Hobbit

Is there a definite time its launching as we would quite like to watch it, seems to be 8:22 but then I've just read an article that says the rocket will pass over the UK at 7 something how can it pass over the UK if it hasnt launched? :/

So a confirmed estimated launch time would be lovely as dont overly want to sit through all the prep but also dont want to miss it

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Is there a definite time its launching as we would quite like to watch it, seems to be 8:22 but then I've just read an article that says the rocket will pass over the UK at 7 something how can it pass over the UK if it hasnt launched? :/

So a confirmed estimated launch time would be lovely as dont overly want to sit through all the prep but also dont want to miss it
8:22, the other article may have been using GMT. Still a fair chance it gets delayed again, though.

United Hobbit

8:22, the other article may have been using GMT. Still a fair chance it gets delayed again, though.
Ok thanks is there a time when we may be able to see it pass overhead as they've said we may be able to see it if it launches? Its really clear here so want to try and look out for it

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Ok thanks is there a time when we may be able to see it pass overhead as they've said we may be able to see it if it launches? Its really clear here so want to try and look out for it
Can't see anything about the launch itself being visible but there's apparently a pass of the Dragon at about 10.15. Quite low on the horizon though, if you've got a good view of the moon then it'll be a little under halfway below it, about the brightness of an average star, going right to left. ISS will pass in a similar position (a little higher up) about 5 minutes prior and be much brighter.

Off we go again... launching 8.22 UK time, if it launches.

United Hobbit

Can't see anything about the launch itself being visible but there's apparently a pass of the Dragon at about 10.15. Quite low on the horizon though, if you've got a good view of the moon then it'll be a little under halfway below it, about the brightness of an average star, going right to left. ISS will pass in a similar position (a little higher up) about 5 minutes prior and be much brighter.
Thanks for all the details I'll keep a look out for it and hopefully get a glimpse