Film Spider-Man : Into the Spider-Verse (97% RT, 8.8 IMDb)

Hoof the ball

So, I went to see this today....

Wasn't just hype. Almost clocking in at two hours and felt like much shorter, it was that fun!
Animations were unique, almost like a cross between hand-drawn and 3D. Great fun characters with engaging vocal performances all-round.

I highly recommend this for anyone still wondering whether to go. Phil Lord and Bob Persichetti did a splendid job making this one. Should definitely win awards.

Mindhunter

I have been hearing rave reviews about this film. Will definitely watch it soon.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
It's legit great. Visually stunning and does everything you want a superhero film to do, tied in with a great story that plays on previous Spider-Man efforts whilst taking it to new places.

Also has Nic Cage for those that like that kind of thing.

I preferred it to Infinity War by a distance.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
It’s really good. Definitely in the top 2 of the 400 Spiderman movies they’ve somehow made this century.

Lord & Miller-4-Life, y’all.

If they’d been allowed to make their Star Wars, it might’ve actually been good for once.

QED, Go Spider-man 8 (all kinds of Spider-shit) and feck Star Wars...you’ll all come round eventually @Revan

Last edited:

Ubik

It’s really good.Lord and Miller-4-Life

If they’d be allowed to do their Star Wars, it might’ve actually been good for once.
You need to let it go.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
You need to let it go.
Never! They’ll look back on me as the one that rescued 21st century culture from the pervasive evil influence of Star Wars nostalgia. They’ll make films about me. And they’ll be much better films than Star Wars.

Jesus fought against the prevailing parochial Roman orthodoxy of his day. I’m fighting against the all encompassing global Disney nostalgia empire, and it’s 40 years of indoctrinating people to think some Joseph Campbell Am Dram shit is the pinnacle of cinematic artistry.

Now, I’m not saying it’s the same...but it’s not like it’s not the same, is it?

Also this Spiderman cartoon is really good.

Last edited:

villain

Hates Beyoncé
It’s fantastic, I want to see it again and again

Sylar

The post credit is one of the greatest post credits ever.

Ubik

Like an idiot, I didn't stay for the post-credits because I reasoned that a Marvel animation wouldn't have one just like the MCU live-action ones!

Sounds like I missed out :(
I did the same :lol: Easy to find on google though.

kps88

Already seen it twice.

It looked amazing in IMAX; my favourite movie of the year.

Spoony

The People's President
Best Marvel related film. Fantastic animation and Miles is far more interesting than Peter Parker.

Sylar

Like an idiot, I didn't stay for the post-credits because I reasoned that a Marvel animation wouldn't have one just like the MCU live-action ones!

Sounds like I missed out :(
It wasn't expected as the lights went back on in my theatre
But I always wait until everybody goes then I leave

But the usher told us there's a scene
So we stayed and it was hilarious
So good

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Of all the spiderman films, this is the best one, great film really enjoyed it.

hungrywing

It being a 'cartoon for kids' was always going to limit its audience; but it really is well-made and getting overlooked especially overseas.

Textbook hero's-journey cookie-cutter structure executed to the max.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Went to see this yesterday. Absolutely fantastic film that does Spidey justice, and easily my favourite Spider-Man film I have to say. The Stan Lee related bits were genuinely emotional too for obvious reasons, and the post credit scene is the best I’ve ever seen, I start laughing just thinking about it :D

Brilliant and 10/10 for me. If you haven’t seen it then what are you waiting for...

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Incredible movie.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Always loved Spider-Man but never really got into the multi-verse stuff with Spider-Gwen, Ben Reilly etc. Peter Parker will always be the only Spidey for me but this movie opened my mind. Loved it, favourite Spider-Man movie.

The next Spider-Man game on PS4 or PS5 including Gwen and others would be awesome.

Oldyella

Watched it today, its really good.

Easily the best Spiderman movie yet and one of the best movies this year.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Did you all watch this in 2D?

On the Wiki, it says: The film's directors all felt that the film would be one of the few that audiences actually "need" to watch in 3D due to the immersive nature of the animated world created, and the way that the hand-drawn animation elements created specifically for the film create a unique experience

Can't find a damn cinema showing it in 3D.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM

On the Wiki, it says: The film's directors all felt that the film would be one of the few that audiences actually "need" to watch in 3D due to the immersive nature of the animated world created, and the way that the hand-drawn animation elements created specifically for the film create a unique experience

3d hurts my head so...

Oldyella

2D, but I will be watching it again and will try and catch on 3D

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Saw it in 2D today, feels like I've missed out on a spectacle not getting to watch it in 3D.

Sylar

Yeah saw it in 3D. My other half booked it in 4DX actually. Was fun.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Yeah saw it in 3D. My other half booked it in 4DX actually. Was fun.
Was so many parts that were obviously 3d. Very frustrating.

Seems like the kind of film you can rewatch multiple times and pick up on things you missed previously.

Sylar

Was so many parts that were obviously 3d. Very frustrating.

Seems like the kind of film you can rewatch multiple times and pick up on things you missed previously.
I think it is fantastic for 3D. It doesnt have the obvious things jump out at you gimmick stuff, I think its just an added dimension. I normally think 3d is better suited for animations as you arent limited. It looked beautiful in 3D. I havent seen in 2D so cant really compare (eg I watched Avengers in both and 3d wasnt needed at all and I could tell just on 3d viewing).

However for this i think 3D is worth it.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I think it is fantastic for 3D. It doesnt have the obvious things jump out at you gimmick stuff, I think its just an added dimension. I normally think 3d is better suited for animations as you arent limited. It looked beautiful in 3D. I havent seen in 2D so cant really compare (eg I watched Avengers in both and 3d wasnt needed at all and I could tell just on 3d viewing).

However for this i think 3D is worth it.
Yeah there's a ton of stuff that is clearly 3d converted to 2d for flat screen viewing which you just know you're missing out on. Like you say, a lot of films the 3d mightn't be necessary, but it's obvious this is a 3d film first and foremost. I doubt I'll get a chance to see it in a cinema in 3d now as they turn films ovet so quickly, its slot has gone.. (It's Mary fkn Poppins taking up the 3d slot now!)