Gaming Spider-man : Miles Morales - PS4/PS5

Bojan11

Elvis played it round mine
You heard about the new 60 FPS performance ray tracing mode?

I am starting this today. Got the full 1000gs for Yakuza and it took me 70 bleeding hours. So I barely touched the PS5 as a result.

b82REZ

Apparently has a 60fps mode with ray tracing now. I sold mine at CEX as couldn't see myself ever wanting to replay it.
How much did you get for it?

I uninstalled last night in preparation for Cyberpunk, and in all honesty I can't see me ever reinstalling it. Only problem i have is my GF bought it me for my birthday so she might not be happy if I flog it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How much did you get for it?

I uninstalled last night in preparation for Cyberpunk, and in all honesty I can't see me ever reinstalling it. Only problem i have is my GF bought it me for my birthday so she might not be happy if I flog it.
£32 I think. I didn't really want to trade it for anything.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I'm not surprised.

The reason it was 30fps with high res and raytracing and 60fps without (at lower res), is that the original performance mode had a lot of reflective effects on (which is why people were saying they couldn't really tell the difference) and was un-optimised. Also, people need to understand that Raytracing isn't simply just on or off either, there's various aspects to it.

As devs get used to what they can and can't push, then we'll see more raytracing on consoles at lower res. And honestly, the former is overall going to be a much more impactful aspect on the choice people make over time, as many are already realising what benefits higher FPS does (at least visually as going by the thread on here most don't understand the full benefits, understandably so too), since it really is a much bigger deal than true 4k rendering and HDR ever were alone.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I platinum'd the remaster the other day, loved it! Looking forward to playing Miles, I only did the first mission to check it out.

I had to play in the performance mode on the remaster so missed out on ray tracing, as in motion 60fps looked so much better. Seems the latest Miles update on PS5 includes RT at 60FPS!

Somewhat annoying for those who have played through and completed already I imagine? Great for me though
Really? This is brilliant as I did the same thing as you on the remaster. Miles will be on my to play list after cyberpunk.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Apparently has a 60fps mode with ray tracing now. I sold mine at CEX as couldn't see myself ever wanting to replay it.
So how have they suddenly managed to find the extra performance needed to achieve this. I’m a little confused, have they lowered the res?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
You heard about the new 60 FPS performance ray tracing mode?

I am starting this today. Got the full 1000gs for Yakuza and it took me 70 bleeding hours. So I barely touched the PS5 as a result.
I just heard this! Excellent news!

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses

Unlucky @Alock1.
Haha that's pretty gutting but to be honest I absolutely loved it and completed everything. Didn't need the ray tracing to have a great time. Least I can use it on Miles though.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I just completed this game on the 2nd hardest difficulty. Wasn't sure about playing it again on hardest but want to try this new performance mode now. Had been using the 60fps option.

Bosws87

How obvious is it that it’s rendering at 1080p compared to the normal 60fps mode?

I haven’t tried it yet.

Redlambs

Haha that's pretty gutting but to be honest I absolutely loved it and completed everything. Didn't need the ray tracing to have a great time. Least I can use it on Miles though.
What does this even mean? :lol:

Please don't fall into that trap that the AMD fanboys have of acting like RTX isn't all that because their cards don't do so well on it and you think that's the Xbox too. As the PS5 uses the same hardware, yet they are embracing just how much better it actually can be.

Alock1

What does this even mean? :lol:

Please don't fall into that trap that the AMD fanboys have of acting like RTX isn't all that because their cards don't do so well on it and you think that's the Xbox too. As the PS5 uses the same hardware, yet they are embracing just how much better it actually can be.
It means I chose 60fps over raytracing at 30 and platinum'd the game because it's class.

On Miles I can play with both 60 and RT which will be nice

Redlambs

Okay mate
Nah that's on me, I read it wrong initially :lol:

Listen, the offer still stands when you want to try SoT. It's a cracking game and I promise you'll get a decent break from the cod games. And to sweeten the pot, I've not played properly most of this year so I'm dreading getting back into it myself and being embarrassed!

Kaos

Hmm was tempted to just sell this (still in new, sealed condition) since I had no desire to play it. Might be tempted with the new 60fps patch.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Been playing for about 2 hours. Really enjoying it at the moment. Combat is fun just like the first game, and it looks absolutely amazing on the PS5. Miles is a very likable character, also.

I assume most people played it on Performance RT? The thing is, after playing on 60 FPS you can't go back to 30; the difference is night and day. But I do feel like I'm missing out when I'm not playing on the other modes!

Alock1

Been playing for about 2 hours. Really enjoying it at the moment. Combat is fun just like the first game, and it looks absolutely amazing on the PS5. Miles is a very likable character, also.

I assume most people played it on Performance RT? The thing is, after playing on 60 FPS you can't go back to 30; the difference is night and day. But I do feel like I'm missing out when I'm not playing on the other modes!
Performance RT is 60fps, or did you know that? Its lower res than normal performance but I think the raytracing is worth it (it isn't worth the hit to frames on the 30fps fidelity mode though - like you say you can't go back from 60fps)

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Performance RT is 60fps, or did you know that? Its lower res than normal performance but I think the raytracing is worth it (it isn't worth the hit to frames on the 30fps fidelity mode though - like you say you can't go back from 60fps)
Oh yeah, I know that. After reading back what I said it did sound like I was saying that Performance RT wasn't in 60 FPS, though. So I can see why you would ask that!

I was just saying that I feel like I'm missing out on all the other things that Fidelity mode gives you, but I just can't go back to 30 FPS. And to be honest, you spend so much time just whizzing past stuff that I'm not sure it's worth taking the hit on framerate because things often go by in a blur, anyway. And plus the game looks great in Performance RT, to be honest.

decorativeed

Anyone know, as I can't seem to find it on the PS store, if I get a physical version of the normal Miles Morales game, can I get the remastered original game as a DLC? And if so, how much is it?

Bosws87

Anyone know, as I can't seem to find it on the PS store, if I get a physical version of the normal Miles Morales game, can I get the remastered original game as a DLC? And if so, how much is it?
Pretty sure if you have miles morales you can buy the remaster for like £20.

The upgrade is found from within the menu of miles morales.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I can't recommend this highly enough. This, and the original, were just a blast to play. Maybe not the best, but by far the most fun I've had playing games since... well, I've no idea. Probably since I was a teenager, so over a decade!

A quick Google suggests the next will come in 2023... can't wait.

Alock1

Absolutely loved the first one. Not much original about it but just brought everything together executed so perfectly and I found the combat and traversal so satisfying.

I actually didn't think Miles was as good unlike most people. I haven't completed it after 100%ing the main game and it's DLC, but perhaps that's part of the problem as I played them all back to back.

Be interesting to see what they do with the next one. Can they bring something new to the table so it's less formulaic and a bit more innovative, without falling into a trap like Arkham Knight did with the batmobile.

Also - where do you set it? New York and specifically Manhattan is so perfect for Spiderman, but I don't feel like you can have a sequel in the exact same location.

Redlambs

Absolutely loved the first one. Not much original about it but just brought everything together executed so perfectly and I found the combat and traversal so satisfying.

I actually didn't think Miles was as good unlike most people. I haven't completed it after 100%ing the main game and it's DLC, but perhaps that's part of the problem as I played them all back to back.

Be interesting to see what they do with the next one. Can they bring something new to the table so it's less formulaic and a bit more innovative, without falling into a trap like Arkham Knight did with the batmobile.

Also - where do you set it? New York and specifically Manhattan is so perfect for Spiderman, but I don't feel like you can have a sequel in the exact same location.
I agree. I liked the games but didn't love them and I wonder where they go next too.

I still think Prototype did the whole thing better, and the Infamous games were more interesting to me.

Ainu

Just finished this, fun little game, a solid 7/10. It still had some of the same, tired, open-world tropes but fortunately the condensed nature of the game meant it never overstayed its welcome. They need to find a new formula for the next full game though, I can't be arsed doing "clear the hideouts all over the map" again. That goes for any open-world game in general. Less of that this gen please.

The writing was a bit all over the place. Anything linked to the main villain plot was nonsensical, which sort of comes with the territory in the super hero genre I guess. But when the game slowed down and showed its more human side in those calmer, smaller moments, I really enjoyed it. Miles is a great character, I look forward to seeing how he's handled in the next game.

I particularly enjoyed that ending with the people of Harlem forming a line to protect him from the reporter and saying "That guy? He's our Spider-Man." A clear throwback to the Spider-Man 2 train scene but it feels so much more powerful here, since you've been helping Harlem throughout the game in various side-quests. Loved those side-quests by the way, that's the sort of meaningful content I'd like to see more of in favour of repetitive hideouts and collectibles.

Alfie092

Brilliant game from start to finish. Can't compare to other Spider-man games as this was the first ever one I played but I felt it was amazing from start to finish!

The game keeps you engaged throughout, good side missions and main story, excellent visuals and the game was so smooth and looked neat in 4K. It didn't feel it dragged at all, even though I would have liked a few hours more of gameplay.

Highly recommend this game, especially for those who are a Spider-man fan!