Splits in the camp

The Real Treble 99

Split between Jose & the board for not backing him.

Split between Jose & the players (you must be on a different planet if you couldn’t see that yesterday) & has been for a while now.
Split in the fans where you have anti & pro Jose support.

Split between fans & players because the multi million pound sack of spuds do not respect us by not giving us back any worthy performances.

Ed & the boards at fault, Jose is at fault. And most of all them overpaid no good disrespecting the shirt the club & the fans, pile of rubbish are at fault. Yesterday clearly showed there is a massive problem between players & management & it’s best for everyone that Jose is gone. I’ll be surprised if the replacement can do any better with this squad, I think not unless that manager is given money to spend like Jose asked for before the season started. If fans think a change in management is going to solve the problem then your completely deluded.

Last edited by a moderator:

Janson

I get bits from another site. Its not a well know journo bs source so its not believable in that way. If you do want to read the info ill send you a link.
If it's not believable, why say it like it's a fact?

I find that hard to believe. He likes to joke around, perhaps in a way that's provocative but I don't think it was bullying.

In fact having Zlatan in the dressing room would be invaluable right now. That's a real leader.

Janson

You can't bin everyone, let's be realistic.
So its either
  • Try the players with a new manager, or
  • Try the manager with a new set of players
I know which one is the most logical. If the players have stopped trying, which is difficult to say considering the tactics employed, it is because they dislike the manager rather than the club. We've seen it at many top clubs in the past. So if you distance yourself from the thinking 'the manger is the club' and come to terms with the manager not being good as well, it is much easier to come to a unbiased conclusion.
It's always the manager in these kind of situations, you can't replace the whole squad.

steffyr2

Martial did exceptionally well under LVG when we played some of the most defensive football in football's history. Yet he's struggling with Mou same as Rashford, Pogba, Sanchez, pretty much everyone apart from Fellaini.

The answer to your question is yes we should be able to beat West Ham. Could it be therefore that Mou has lost the dressing room? That is possible when the manager can't stop snapping at those around him. For example how do you think our CBs would interpret the fact that he preferred playing a midfielder in defence then them?
Maybe it's a Utd thing, like when Park (actually I've forgotten the name of the player) played midfield under Sir Alex with younger Pogba watching. Who knows why Mourinho did this -- I'd guess that we have too many players who aren't bothered to try hard, but it could be for almost any reason, including giving the younger players chances/time which is what Utd fans SAY they want.

Anyway, it's really nice that Martial did really well 3 years ago. He's played a few game recently and seems allergic to shooting on goal even though he's a fwd. Maybe that's an LVG leftover habit?

fezzerUTD

If it's not believable, why say it like it's a fact?

I find that hard to believe. He likes to joke around, perhaps in a way that's provocative but I don't think it was bullying.

In fact having Zlatan in the dressing room would be invaluable right now. That's a real leader.
Just because its not written by a journalist and printed on a well known site thats all.

Well regarding bullying it may be a bit strong, but he was warned regarding throwing his weight around with the younger players. (Not fact btw just what I've read, just like when we read on the daily rags etc take from it what you will).

Regarding your 3rd point yes I agree. He would be on Jose side and would be a big influence in the dressing room, hence why he was brought in the first place.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Maybe it's a Utd thing, like when Park (actually I've forgotten the name of the player) played midfield under Sir Alex with younger Pogba watching. Who knows why Mourinho did this -- I'd guess that we have too many players who aren't bothered to try hard, but it could be for almost any reason, including giving the younger players chances/time which is what Utd fans SAY they want.

Anyway, it's really nice that Martial did really well 3 years ago. He's played a few game recently and seems allergic to shooting on goal even though he's a fwd. Maybe that's an LVG leftover habit?
It was Rafael and the result to that was that Pogba stopped believing in SAF, he left and we had to spend ridiculous sums of money to have him back. That was a rare case of bad man management from SAF which is quite forgiving considering that he was in his last year of contract and what really mattered at that point was to end such staggering career on a high. However it doesn't apply to Mou, whose actually trying to awaken a sleeping giant. What's the point in pissing off our entire defence including two CBs he had just bought? You won't see SAF keeping Hughes on the bench to play Lee Martin upfront back in 1988 wouldn't you? The reason being that

a- its stupid
b- managers need all the help they can get to stabilise the dressing room and players who owe them a job tend to be more loyal then others. Pissing those off is silly.

Its not just about Martial mate. Rashford, Lingard, Smalling, Jones and Sanchez had regressed as well. I could add Lukaku but lets say its a case of bad form on that one. Some might add Young & Valencia as well but I guess age is starting to catch up with those two. The only two players who are doing well are Shaw and Fellaini. The former was at a whisker of leaving last summer and is fighting for a new contract, while the latter is grateful towards a manager who saved him from the ending up a free agent.

scholesyboy18

It was Rafael and the result to that was that Pogba stopped believing in SAF, he left and we had to spend ridiculous sums of money to have him back. That was a rare case of bad man management from SAF which is quite forgiving considering that he was in his last year of contract and what really mattered at that point was to end such staggering career on a high. However it doesn't apply to Mou, whose actually trying to awaken a sleeping giant. What's the point in pissing off our entire defence including two CBs he had just bought? You won't see SAF keeping Hughes on the bench to play Lee Martin upfront back in 1988 wouldn't you? The reason being that

a- its stupid
b- managers need all the help they can get to stabilise the dressing room and players who owe them a job tend to be more loyal then others. Pissing those off is silly.

Its not just about Martial mate. Rashford, Lingard, Smalling, Jones and Sanchez had regressed as well. I could add Lukaku but lets say its a case of bad form on that one. Some might add Young & Valencia as well but I guess age is starting to catch up with those two. The only two players who are doing well are Shaw and Fellaini. The former was at a whisker of leaving last summer and is fighting for a new contract, while the latter is grateful towards a manager who saved him from the ending up a free agent.
Seeing Pogba's attitude on pitch, its very clear why SAF did not even play him. Signing him up second time in hindsight seems to be a big mistake. Pogba will never be a great player for any club. Just another good player with a lot of hype. France would have won the WC without him as well IMHO.

Jose is full of himself and needs to be sacked asap. But then until utd have a long term vision or someone at the club who understand football making decisions, its going to get worse.

devilish

Seeing Pogba's attitude on pitch, its very clear why SAF did not even play him. Signing him up second time in hindsight seems to be a big mistake. Pogba will never be a great player for any club. Just another good player with a lot of hype. France would have won the WC without him as well IMHO.

Jose is full of himself and needs to be sacked asap. But then until utd have a long term vision or someone at the club who understand football making decisions, its going to get worse.
Pogba was doing extremely well at Juve and is doing well with France. He is being mismanaged by Mou same as most players are. In fact most of our players had regressed in the past year or so

Unless of course Mou lost the dressing room rather then just his mind. Which will lead to the same result

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Mourinho will walk, sooner or later, I have no doubt about it. Thing is, Zidane comes, he'll do great the first season he's here, depending how much he'll be here he may even do well for the 1.5 season (we probably won't win the league, FA Cup perhaps, maybe some Europa League win or a good run in the CL) and after that everything will go to shit again. We've seen it with Moyes, LVG and now Mourinho, it will be no different under whoever the feck comes in next, players will always find a reason why they don't like the manager, sooner or later, we genuinely need to re-do most of the structures at this club, stop throwing idiotic money at fecking wankers of players and managers and then perhaps some stability and sanity will be retained.

The player power plot from players who have achieved feck all at this club is hilarious to say the least. It was sort of understandable under Moyes when we've still had Rios, Rooneys et al. but if some kind of power struggle is led by sulking Martial, dablord and some other pawns who have shown nothing at all at United, we're trully fecked.

Great post.

I asked the same in another thread. What will happen in 2-3 years when the players turn on Zidane as well?

fezzerUTD

So not true in any way?
How can I prove it :lol: im no insider, im reading forums and blogs like everyone else. And what someone said earlier about Zlatan being good in the dressing room reminded me when I read on another forum how he had been warned about his actions with younger players in the squad.

When you pick up a newspaper and read the information it gives you, you then make up your own mind if you think its true.

Ban

How can I prove it :lol: im no insider, im reading forums and blogs like everyone else. And what someone said earlier about Zlatan being good in the dressing room reminded me when I read on another forum how he had been warned about his actions with younger players in the squad.

When you pick up a newspaper and read the information it gives you, you then make up your own mind if you think its true.
It sounded like you're certain, that's all. :)

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Apparently it's being reported: Paul Pogba to a reporter after refusing an interview post match

"You want me dead?"

This guy has so much baggage it's unreal.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

tomaldinho1

Pogba was doing extremely well at Juve and is doing well with France. He is being mismanaged by Mou same as most players are. In fact most of our players had regressed in the past year or so

Unless of course Mou lost the dressing room rather then just his mind. Which will lead to the same result
Was he doing really well or was he just playing in dominant teams with far less pressure? Juve have hardly declined since he left and with France he was actually in a very defensive role (in very defensive team) but yet he struggles here in a similar role. Is Mou mismanaging him? Likely to a point but I feel he is the biggest culprit, it's like his mind is already somewhere else.

I believe Mou will be first to go but Pogba will leave this summer.

RedStarUnited

I agree a new manager is needed....but does this instantly resolve the splits in the camp? It seems to go deeper than Jose v Pogba. If Pogba wants out and is playing badly, why bother keeping him? Have a fire sale in January. After all, it can't get much worse than losing against Derby and West Ham.
Funny how this narrative comes when a manager is having fights with the player. Jose had that moment with Pogba after a week where Pogba scored 2 goals and assisted 2 goals. He has not been playing bad at all.

And yeah fire sell in January so we can get fleeced in the summer when we try to get new players in.

devilish

Was he doing really well or was he just playing in dominant teams with far less pressure? Juve have hardly declined since he left and with France he was actually in a very defensive role (in very defensive team) but yet he struggles here in a similar role. Is Mou mismanaging him? Likely to a point but I feel he is the biggest culprit, it's like his mind is already somewhere else.

I believe Mou will be first to go but Pogba will leave this summer.
He did extremely well in a system that suited him and with the right players around him. Which is fair enough really. Very few players can be said to be a one man army. Maradona did so because of his immense skill while Keane could cover any role in CM same as Sammer, Rijkaard, Robson and Matthaus. The rest either needed other players around them to shine (ex Pirlo had Gattuso, Scholes had Keane and Carrick etc) and in some cases there were players who needed an entire team to be built around them (ex Messi and Ronaldo)

Pogba is not the only player struggling this season. In fact the only three players who didn't regressed from last season were Fellaini, Shaw and DDG. The Spaniard is just too good to regress. Fellaini owns Mourinho a big deal because he basically bailed him out and Shaw is fighting for a new contract. Its evident that the man has lost the dressing room

Mou is not even the only big problem at United. In my opinion

a- the team isn't anywhere near to champions material (although there's enough talent not to look silly against Derby, Wolves and Wham)

b- Mourinho

c- we've got too many amateurs at board level. That's quite clear how difficult it is for us to bring in new players or get rid of the deadwood.

I'd say

a- Bring Marotta as joint CEO on football matters which will allow Woody to focus on what he is very competent in ie the business side. The man will probably bring in Paratici (one of the best technical directors there is). We'll finally have people who actually know football inside out

b- Sack Mourinho. There might be some juice left in him but its now too late to turn things around. Change will take time and the guy lost the dressing room. I also doubt that those two would want to work with a snowflake who blames everyone (owners, CEO, players, United legends etc) rather then himself.

c- Allow Marotta and Paratici to work their magic. Dead wood would be sold on decent fees, new players will be signed on decent fees/salaries and we will start looking once again as a proper club.

Last edited:
I keep reading the title as Spits in the camp.So guys it could be worse.
You dont want people spitting at eachother. That's horrible.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

trafford1980

Instead of apologising to us he should start learning French and do his worst over the next few matches to ensure that we have our bald saviour in by next week.

Le roi est mort, vive le roi!

SER19

This is the biggest concern of all. If there are splits and factions amongst the squad a new manager cant fix that certainly without time. Players don't need to be buddies, they dont even need to speak but animosity between groups rather than individuals would be toxic.

The reason fergie became the constant winner was because players knew he wasnt going anywhere. This trend of players downing tools when theyre fed up with the manager is killing any chance at progress. It doesn't have to be mourinho but id gladly take some trophlyess years while a manager really took a stranglehold and became a presence players don't so easily down tools with. You slack off, youre out as would have been the case with fergie. He was ruthless that way.

I really hate the way football has shifted to player power so much.