Music Spotify Wrapped

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Top 9% of all listeners on Spotify supposedly. Surprised its that high, I spend most drives listening to podcasts over songs nowadays.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Almost triple my listening time for the entire year. On one artist. Bizarre stuff.
This is just January through October too. He's spent literally a fifth of the year listening to Taylor Swift.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This is just January through October too. He's spent literally a fifth of the year listening to Taylor Swift.
Add that to the write ups for hundreds of songs in the thread for her and it feels like stalking :lol:

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Add that to the write ups for hundreds of songs in the thread for her and it feels like stalking :lol:
It's an obsession that's certainly stretching the boundaries of "healthy"

youngrell

Top artists
  1. The O’Jays
  2. Stephen Marley
  3. Nas
  4. Jay Z
  5. John Legend
All top 5 songs are from Stephen Marley but I have given his album a lot of spins so no surprise.

Nickosaur

Top artists were:
1 - Queens of the Stone Age
2 - The Strokes
3 - Mac De Marco
4 - Sufjan Stevens
5 - Modest Mouse
Not surprised by top 2 and #4. Mac and Mm are bizarre - last year maybe as they had new albums but genuinely doesn't make much sense this year. Surprised Big Thief or Buck Meek don't take their places but hey, it's all good music.

Acole9

Outstanding
Top artists

1. Metallica
2. Linkin Park
3. Blink 182
4. Slipknot
5. Foo Fighters

Top songs

1. Metallica - If Darkness Had a Son
2. Metallica - Lux Eterna
3. Drain - Evil Finds Light
4. Metallica - Screaming Suicide
5. Metallica - 72 Seasons

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Top 5 Artists

1. Paky
2. Tupac
3. Bone Thugs n Harmony
4. Locksmith
5. Noah Kahan

SuperiorXI

1. Shook Ones Pt 2 - Mobb Deep
2. I got 5 on it - Luniz
3. Still DRE - Dr dre
4. Ready or Not - Fugees
5. Gangstas Paradise - Coolio

There ain't no such thing as half way crooks

Oranges038

I work from home 3 days a week and tend to have it playing away in the background.

Amazed to see I played 3400 songs from 773 different artists. My family think I just listen to Metallica all day every day. Top 0.5% of Metallica listeners, and lot of their songs in top 5 probably mostly because I played the new album quite a bit to see if I liked it or not.

Top 5.
1. Metallica
2. Static X
3. Volbeat
4. Slipknot
5. Stone Sour

Top 5 songs.
1. Lux Aeterna - Metallica
2. For the glory of. - Testament
3. Delusions of saviour - Slayer
4. Inamorata - Metallica
5. Screaming Suicide- Metallica

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I did the math and Samid listened to Taylor Swift for 4.8 hours a day on average.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I did the math and Samid listened to Taylor Swift for 4.8 hours a day on average.
Surprised he hasn't made an appearance in the NFL pretending to a Chiefs fan the last couple of months.

decorativeed

Just read a lot about how Spotify are stopping paying fair(ish, almost) shares to artists.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...otify-smaller-artists-wrapped-indie-musicians

And now, to make matters far worse, starting in 2024 Spotify will stop paying anything at all for roughly two-thirds of tracks on the platform. That is any track receiving fewer than 1,000 streams over the period of a year. Tracks falling under this arbitrary minimum will continue to accrue royalties – but those royalties will now be redirected upwards, often to bigger artists, rather than to their own rights holders...

Down at the level of most tracks on the platform, a devoted fan who listens to the work of a lesser known artist over and over still pays most or all their subscription money to Ed Sheeran, Drake, Taylor Swift and Bad Bunny. Even if they have never, ever streamed any of those very, very popular artists.
This should be absolutely scandalous, but it's drowned out by all the other corporate theft from the pockets of artists and the public in general. Worse is that artists can do nothing to stop it:

Why not pull our work off Spotify, I hear you saying? There’s another reason we need help from our fans. In the US at least, labour laws are such that artists cannot organise a mass removal of our work from a platform. Nor can we advocate that you, the consumer, stop using the platform in any coordinated fashion. Were we to do so, it is we – the artists – who could be sued by the platform for unfair business practices. You got that right. We are classified as suppliers for the streaming platforms. And coordination between suppliers in business is collusion, not organising, as it would be if we were classified as labour.

Labour. What a funny concept. I understand it includes being paid for one’s work. What must that feel like? If I knew, I might write a song about it – but it would only line the pockets of other s.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Come on, nowhere near stalking. I know next to nothing about her life beyond the songs and the odd mainstream media headline. Nor do I care. Wanted to see her on tour next year but checked out completely after 2 mins in queue when I grasped the magnitude of the madness.

You should check out r/taylorswift if you want the true meaning of stalking. This lyric is about that guy, this dress describes that mood, hoards of nutcases getting 'taytoos', posting nsfw fanart fantasies, organised manipulation of poll results etc. Left that sub within a couple of days because my front page was getting clogged with all sorts of whacky stuff.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Come on, nowhere near stalking. I know next to nothing about her life beyond the songs and the odd mainstream media headline. Nor do I care. Wanted to see her on tour next year but checked out completely after 2 mins in queue when I grasped the magnitude of the madness.

You should check out r/taylorswift if you want the true meaning of stalking. This lyric is about that guy, this dress describes that mood, hoards of nutcases getting 'taytoos', posting nsfw fanart fantasies, organised manipulation of poll results etc. Left that sub within a couple of days because my front page was getting clogged with all sorts of whacky stuff.
4.8 hours a day though?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
4.8 hours a day though?
Christ you lot are so gullible. I found that on reddit.

This is mine. In my language. My default apps are not in English. That would've been super weird.

Barely 4.8 songs per day never mind 4.8 hours :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

This is mine. In my language. My default apps are not in English. That would've been super weird.

Ffs :lol:

nimic

something nice
Scout

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, and posts a screenshot of how many times it has listened to Taylor Swift, it's probably a duck.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
That's still almost 20 minutes of Taylor Swift per day though..

Last edited: