Spurs 2022-2023 thread | Bentancur out for the rest of the season

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So you think Spurs shouldn't aspire to play in the CL because they haven't won anything in years

the CL is just a money making exercise, it's why it was created in the first place, to me, that an English club that finishes 4th gains entry to it and yet the champions of another country don't is just plain wrong
Unlike them, we had the resources so the expectation should be different. They don’t so they have to run differently than us and need to have different expectation. What they should follow is what arsenal did to Arteta. Plan for rebuild and hire a manager with vision to rebuild and expect it to be 3-6 years because they don’t have the resources to make the rebuild process in 1-2 years.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Well it hasn't stopped the "good" managers yet so we'll have to see who the next one is
That’s why I said after everything that happened under Conte and Mourinho, what good manager wants to work under levy now? These good managers are going to think twice first before they accept Levy’s term.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
That’s why I said after everything that happened under Conte and Mourinho, what good manager wants to work under levy now? These good managers are going to think twice first before they accept Levy’s term.
Levy has always been that way and it's not exactly been a secret, Conte and Mourinho and others before them knew exactly what was what before the signed up

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Levy has always been that way and it's not exactly been a secret, Conte and Mourinho and others before them knew exactly what was what before the signed up
But there was no proof pr clear voice that it has always been that way until now two managers made public statement.

Marcus

On paper yes. I thought the same thing last year when I thought he would be more suitable than Conte.

But then again, when you look at Levy. He doesn’t want to rebuild, he just wants to secure top 4. To put it simple, can you see Spurs run the club like arsenal did under Arteta? Arteta couldn’t finish in top 4 for 3 times in a row but they kept him and let him to rebuild. Potter needs time to rebuild but that would damage Levy’s pocket for not finishing top 4 for 4 times in a row.
That's really short-sighted of Levy. You want something good, but cheap and fast. Recipe for disappointment.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It’s worth noting that Potter only got 41 points in two of his three seasons with Brighton. It was a good job, but certainly not an excellent one. Their next appointment also improved them almost immediately.

He then followed that up with a terrible stint at Chelsea. There were mitigating factors, yes, but it was still a really poor performance and, worryingly, both sides had the same issues converting chances into goals. There is a big enough sample size there to suggest that there is something fundamentally wrong with how he sets up his teams

I think Spurs would be mad to take that gamble right now, and I don’t think Levy can afford to take it.

He needs to sell Nagelsmann on the project and back him with some top players. If he doesn’t, they will be left behind.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
If Kane goes they are in real trouble, like mid table to 15th finish. Son when on song is top top class, but he blows hot and cold, Kulusevski is good without being amazing, Richarlison is good but never worth 60mil.

Kane is the stand out in that team, true world class player. Their midfield is a bunch of run of the mill physical DM's in Skipp, Bissouma, Hojbjerg, Bentancur the only player that has a bit of something about him going forward. Their defence has clowns like Sanchez and they rely far too much on Dier who is average and should really be a squad player.

The squad needs a clear out and big investment to fix the transfers of flops like Gil, Ndombele, Lo Celso and freshen the backline. But that is never going to happen under Levy/Enic. They have players that should have been moved on years ago like Sanchez, has been at Spurs for 6 years and still just as bad as when he arrived.

BorisManUtd

It’s worth noting that Potter only got 41 points in two of his three seasons with Brighton. It was a good job, but certainly not an excellent one. Their next appointment also improved them almost immediately.

He then followed that up with a terrible stint at Chelsea. There were mitigating factors, yes, but it was still a really poor performance and, worryingly, both sides had the same issues converting chances into goals. There is a big enough sample size there to suggest that there is something fundamentally wrong with how he sets up his teams

I think Spurs would be mad to take that gamble right now, and I don’t think Levy can afford to take it.

He needs to sell Nagelsmann on the project and back him with some top players. If he doesn’t, they will be left behind.
You made some good points that make me think Spurs will go for Rodgers in the end. But hard to guess as they are such a mess.