Stan Collymore's podcast with Gary Neville

prateik

Two people I don't want to hear talk and whose opinions I have no interest in.

Hard pass.

SaintMuppet

Gary ‘desperate to remain current’ Neville

He is a bit of a tw4t really isn’t he???

Bwuk

Couldn’t pay me to listen to Collymore.

redshaw

Is it that time already for Garry to beat and roast the dead horse again with same stick he used the last 20 times?

AFC NimbleThumb

Will not be listening.

Have actively avoided football Podcasts etc. since the beginning of last season & haven’t listened to the likes of Talksport in a few years.

Liverpool just won their first trophy in 12/13 years; can anyone else remember this mass hysteria? Since Fergie left we have as many ‘major’ European trophies as Arsenal have in their history. City are FFP cheats & so on.

The club is in dire straits & we are ran incompetently, I don’t need to be told that anymore - the discussion should now be at the phase of analysis into why & what can actually be done instead we’re still on the clickbait rile up the fans rhetoric.

When an investigative piece into the club is done I’m more than ready to read it but for now I use the caf which can be just as bad if not worse for agendas but at least I can rebuttal.

Gary Neville & a number of former players are benefiting from the clubs current position so much it makes you question whether their loyalties were with the club or Fergie.

pascell

Watching the clip in the tweet, he's absolutely gone barmy has Gary.

Peddling naming rights for OT as a means of Glazers lowering ticket prices for the next 10 years. Even I can tell you for a fact that the Glazers would still charge top money as well as getting money from making rights of OT. Even if the Glazers dropped ticket prices after they sold naming rights, they'd only gradually increase them year on year, Gary has had an absolute nightmare there and he calls himself a United fan, heard it all now.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Peddling naming rights for OT as a means of Glazers lowering ticket prices for the next 10 years. Even I can tell you for a fact that the Glazers would still charge top money as well as getting money from making rights of OT. Even if the Glazers dropped ticket prices after they sold naming rights, they'd only gradually increase them year on year, Gary has had an absolute nightmare there and he calls himself a United fan, heard it all now.
His heart is with Salford now.

He is a massive hypocrite also btw, preaches on about how managers need time but the second his precious Salford nearly didn’t get promotion they were questioning sacking the manager. They sacked the previous for a string of poor results also.

It’s quite funny watching that class of 92 show about Salford as he acts completely differently.

Tarrou

Well it's his idea of what he's do if he was in charge, isn't it?

I think it's a nice idea personally. Would never happen, but I'd happily let them call it whatever they like if the tickets were 10 quid. We'd still all call it Old Trafford anyway.

Hughie77

Stopped listening to talk sport years ago, 1 because of that hypocrite Collymore, along with the rest of the piss head idiots on it.
Podcasts don't bother , platform for people to talk more crap.

Modern day now everyone has an opinion or ideals, no matter what bollocks they come out with, they want to get a few quid for voicing it. It's also a way to stick the knife in but pretend there not.

Cockney Phil

He never came up with this crap when he played and the old fan base were being forced out. Short memories and money. As Shearer said there is now enough money in the game through TV to radically reduce the cost of tickets. Nev want to keep his cash while selling out even more of the club. The more we slide the more crap we get from him.

pascell

His heart is with Salford now.

He is a massive hypocrite also btw, preaches on about how managers need time but the second his precious Salford nearly didn’t get promotion they were questioning sacking the manager. They sacked the previous for a string of poor results also.

It’s quite funny watching that class of 92 show about Salford as he acts completely differently.
Yeah he is a massive hypocrite you're right. I wonder what they'd do if sky showed a Salford game, they lost it and Neville had to dissect it.

Well it's his idea of what he's do if he was in charge, isn't it?

I think it's a nice idea personally. Would never happen, but I'd happily let them call it whatever they like if the tickets were 10 quid. We'd still all call it Old Trafford anyway.
Is that you Gary? :lol:

It's not a nice idea, the money made would only line the pockets of the Glazers and even if tickets were £10, they'd only raise prices year after year until they're back to the normal price. At £10 a ticket, that would make season tickets in a rough guess around £400-450 a season, I'm currently paying £839 a season, that's slashing season ticket prices in half nearly, that's never going to happen.

Man Utd is ran as a business for the Glazers, if they wanted fan satisfaction, why haven't they dropped prices already? I'm currently paying the same amount for my season ticket as I was watching us when we won the PL & CL double, it's all about the money for the Glazers.

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
If there is anyone left here who doesn't hate Neville, give it a listen.
Why the hate for a club legend? Is it solely down to criticism of the current team? What made Fergies teams so good is because he'd criticise all the players and the players would critisise each other, Keane being the obvious example. The reason Fergie shifted many players Beckham included was because they wouldn't listen to the criticism and conform to his high standards. The same thing happened to Arsenal, we went from Adams, Keown, Vieira and Henry having very high standards to players of weaker mentalities. For me Neville is preaching the Ferguson mantra, if you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Tarrou

Yeah he is a massive hypocrite you're right. I wonder what they'd do if sky showed a Salford game, they lost it and Neville had to dissect it.

It's not a nice idea, the money made would only line the pockets of the Glazers and even if tickets were £10, they'd only raise prices year after year until they're back to the normal price. At £10 a ticket, that would make season tickets in a rough guess around £400-450 a season, I'm currently paying £839 a season, that's slashing season ticket prices in half nearly, that's never going to happen.

Man Utd is ran as a business for the Glazers, if they wanted fan satisfaction, why haven't they dropped prices already? I'm currently paying the same amount for my season ticket as I was watching us when we won the PL & CL double, it's all about the money for the Glazers.
I mean the idea is the money goes to making the tickets cheaper. That's the idea.

If you want to change Gary's idea into something else and disagree with it, so be it.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
This is such amateurish, obvious, mutually beneficial log-rolling. Coming soon: Collymore being interviewed on Neville's podcast.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

That was a decade ago! Prices being the same or similar as a decade ago is a good thing. They're not going to go backwards.

Leyton orient charged £25 in the 4th tier a couple of years ago for goodness sake.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The question id want him to answer a couple of weeks on from his "we're not far away" comment is "really?".

He cannot seriously think that.
He just cannot.

He's a knee jerk Charlie.

pascell

That was a decade ago! Prices being the same or similar as a decade ago is a good thing. They're not going to go backwards.

Leyton orient charged £25 in the 4th tier a couple of years ago for goodness sake.
A decade ago we were the best team in England and in CL finals, we're not a EL level team and struggle to make top 4, if anything the prices should be lower.

OL29

Why the hate for a club legend? Is it solely down to criticism of the current team? What made Fergies teams so good is because he'd criticise all the players and the players would critisise each other, Keane being the obvious example. The reason Fergie shifted many players Beckham included was because they wouldn't listen to the criticism and conform to his high standards. The same thing happened to Arsenal, we went from Adams, Keown, Vieira and Henry having very high standards to players of weaker mentalities. For me Neville is preaching the Ferguson mantra, if you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.
I’d be surprised if anyone really hates him but most people dislike his hypocrisy, preaching patience whilst having major meltdowns around the slightest of incidents at the club in addition to his blatant targeting of certain players while pretty much refusing to criticise the British lads, he’s also very dismissive of anyone that questions his opinion, including fans and former teammates; he threw his toys out of the pram the other day when questioned by John O’Kane, bringing up the former’s attitude while at the club to try and discredit him. He’s become an obnoxious tool and brings a lot of un-necessary toxicity to the club basically.

LJJT

Really do not understand all the hate and criticism of GNev I do not understand at all. He’s giving his honest personal opinions on things and all in the interests of united and fellow fans. Any one who thinks otherwise just trying to have a go at him for the sake of it. Think a lot more respect should be due to him on here

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
This is such amateurish, obvious, mutually beneficial log-rolling. Coming soon: Collymore being interviewed on Neville's podcast.
Collymore would love that. Neville seems to be the most high profile of pundits.

Needham

Always amazed that Collymore was allowed to come back from this:

SteveJ

Scout
Really do not understand all the hate and criticism of GNev I do not understand at all. He’s giving his honest personal opinions on things and all in the interests of united and fellow fans. Any one who thinks otherwise just trying to have a go at him for the sake of it. Think a lot more respect should be due to him on here
It's been explained numerous times, even in this very thread. And we've not even touched on his frequently negative, reactionary personality.

OL29

Don’t really understand this point of view, people are fully entitled to call him out on what they see as hypocrisy, he’s a pundit which is a polarising job so it’s hardly unexpected that he attracts a lot of criticism given how dramatic he tends to get over minor issues. And I think people would tend to show him more respect if he afforded that luxury to others. Respect is earned he’s lost that respect in the eyes of many due to his own behaviour.

LJJT

It's been explained numerous times, even in this very thread. And we've not even touched on his frequently negative, reactionary personality.
I don’t see the negative from him at all, he puts things in perspective and is realistic. He had to react to ongoing around him that’s his job as a pundit. I think people who think he picks on certain players and not others just need to stop being so precious and get over it. He’s a united fan through and through and wants the best for the team like the rest of us should. Don’t understand anyone’s issue with using naming rights money to subsidise tickets. It’s nit going to happen any way

Sylar

Same thing he did when he was England coach, and english players had calamitys. He would avoid it mostly and talk in long winded cliches without actually addressing the issues that would cause conflict.

LJJT

Don’t really understand this point of view, people are fully entitled to call him out on what they see as hypocrisy, he’s a pundit which is a polarising job so it’s hardly unexpected that he attracts a lot of criticism given how dramatic he tends to get over minor issues. And I think people would tend to show him more respect if he afforded that luxury to others. Respect is earned he’s lost that respect in the eyes of many due to his own behaviour.
Did he not earn his respect giving his playing career to club and country? Epitomising what man united is and being totally committed and loyal to us? Was a damn good player to boot. Best right back in the premier league era.

SteveJ

Scout
He’s a united fan through and through and wants the best for the team like the rest of us should.
That's key, though: the idea that it's somehow treacherous to disagree with Gary's views on United. Passionate fan he surely is but that doesn't stop him putting his own interests well above United's welfare.

OL29

Did he not earn his respect giving his playing career to club and country? Epitomising what man united is and being totally committed and loyal to us? Was a damn good player to boot. Best right back in the premier league era.
He did but that respect isn’t unconditional, I loved him as a player but can’t stand the sight of him now and I’m sure there’s many who feel the same.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I find the hate Gary Neville gets on here to be one of the weirdest things about this place.

LJJT

That's key, though: the idea that it's somehow treacherous to disagree with Gary's views on United. Passionate fan he surely is but that doesn't stop him putting his own interests well above United's welfare.
I’ve no issue at all with disagreeing with him, we are all fans with different opinions. It’s the slagging him off and hatred towards him I don’t get. I’ve not watched a single minute of him where he’s serving his own interests ahead of uniteds? Not once. Think people get upset cos he goes in hard on some people’s favourite players.