Film Star Wars

SecondFig

Episode III was acceptable.

The original trilogy are timeless classics.
If they'd just ended Episode III at the moment Vader's mask was fitted and you heard the classic breathing.

But no, Lucas had to feck that up too and drag it out for another 15 minutes telling us stuff we already knew

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Its just as well that Lucas decided against making new star wars films, can you imagine how shit they'd be ffs! It would have tarnished the classics (episode 4-6).

Member 39557

If they'd just ended Episode III at the moment Vader's mask was fitted and you heard the classic breathing.

But no, Lucas had to feck that up too and drag it out for another 15 minutes telling us stuff we already knew
The hissy fit ruined it for me. It turned a potentially epic moment into a cringe fest.

kps88

Lads what you talking about? They're only 3 Star Wars movies. :confused:

Ixion

Revenge of the Sith is better than Return of the Jedi. FACHT! Most of Jedi is everyone chillin' on Endor with the Ewoks.

And before anyone wants to say Empire is the best, the original from 77 is better!

SecondFig

The hissy fit ruined it for me. It turned a potentially epic moment into a cringe fest.
Exactly, it was set up for a perfect, classic, ending - but instead he has to stand up, walk like Frankenstein while throwing a tantrum, and then there's 10 minutes of obvious shit we didn't need to be told (Luke and Leia being fostered etc.)

SecondFig

Revenge of the Sith is better than Return of the Jedi. FACHT! Most of Jedi is everyone chillin' on Endor with the Ewoks.

And before anyone wants to say Empire is the best, the original from 77 is better!
Bullshit, even with the Ewoks (who are annoying) it's a million times better than any of the new movies.

Zen

I agree with the second sentence. Not sure about the first, maybe they are about equal, but yeah Jedi is the worst of the original by far, and Sith is the best of the prequel by far.

The Flying Potato

:nono:

The originals were the best. Some of the later ones were acceptable, but nowhere near a classic.
Thing is you only view the originals as classics for nostalgic reasons, had ROTS been released at around the same time I think everyones view would be a little different

And for what its worth I quite like TPM but AOTC can feck right off.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I didnt hate the new ones (even the Phantom Menace). I actually really liked the Revenge of the Sith. There I said it.

But all 3 originals are far superior to the 3 new ones

pauldyson1uk

I didnt hate the new ones (even the Phantom Menace). I actually really liked the Revenge of the Sith. There I said it.

But all 3 originals are far superior to the 3 new ones
I like all 6 and have watched than many times.
I rank Revenge of the Sith has the 3rd best behind the first 2 , I liked the way you saw Anakin get seduced by the Dark Side

Here is a question, in what order do you watch them?

I have done both 3-6 then 1-3 and also 1-6.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
I rank Revenge of the Sith has the 3rd best behind the first 2 , I liked the way you saw Anakin get seduced by the Dark Side

What did you prefer?

SecondFig

He wasn't seduced, he goes from whiny troubled teen to slaughtering a bunch of children with hardly a whimper. Hayden Christiansen completely faily to portray the anguish and indecision and just looks like your average moody teenager.

Other complaints about the new movies; the sheer number of scenes, the vast majority of which are entirely uncecessary or are used to spell out whats happening. The script and dialogue are terrible, the only redeedming features are a) the universe he created, and b) the fight sequences.

Oh, and to those saying The Phantom Menace is alright. No, it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I've had the misfortune to watch it 4 or 5 times and it's absolutely dreadful.

Member 39557

He wasn't seduced, he goes from whiny troubled teen to slaughtering a bunch of children with hardly a whimper. Hayden Christiansen completely faily to portray the anguish and indecision and just looks like your average moody teenager.

Other complaints about the new movies; the sheer number of scenes, the vast majority of which are entirely uncecessary or are used to spell out whats happening. The script and dialogue are terrible, the only redeedming features are a) the universe he created, and b) the fight sequences.

Oh, and to those saying The Phantom Menace is alright. No, it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I've had the misfortune to watch it 4 or 5 times and it's absolutely dreadful.
It did have the best lightsabre battle and some good music. It was poor overall though.

A good point well made
Empire was by far the best film of the series. The new films needed a character like Han Solo.

pauldyson1uk

Point well made and taken ,Seduced was a poor choice of wording..
I agree with everything you say about fims 1-3 , I just thought Revenge of the Sith was important in setting up how Anikin became Darth.

Alex

It did have the best lightsabre battle and some good music. It was poor overall though.

Empire was by far the best film of the series. The new films needed a character like Han Solo.
The second point is a good one, a very good one instead Lucas went for Jar-Jar so he could make more money in merhandising, thank feck he got śçãlėd back after the phantom menace.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Why would you watch the worst movie you have ever seen 4 or 5 times?

I do find it hard to defend the prequels. The faults are glaringly obvious. But I looked past a lot of these and the horrible script and certain characters and still got some enjoyment out of them all the same

The 6 movie blu ray box set is released next year and I can’t freakin wait.

SecondFig

Why would you watch the worst movie you have ever seen 4 or 5 times?

I do find it hard to defend the prequels. The faults are glaringly obvious. But I looked past a lot of these and the horrible script and certain characters and still got some enjoyment out of them all the same

The 6 movie blu ray box set is released next year and I can’t freakin wait.
The first time, because I loved the original movies as a kid (absolutely loved) and was really excited to see a new Star Wars.
The second time because I couldn't believe it could be that bad, I must have missed something.
The third time because my housemates were watching it and the alcohol was in the same room.
The fourth time because my hatred for it had grown to such a degree that I was actually curious how Lucas had made it so bad
The fifth time because my local cinema screened all six movies back to back.

Spoony

The People's President
Hate the prequels. They're too cartoony and the love story in AOTC was cringeworthy. However, the pod race in TPM sounds magnificent in surround sound. Nothing can touch it.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Yeah, I can't stand the prequels. They fail on so many levels.

Here's an outstanding summary (part 1 of 7, watch them all) of what a steaming pile of cack Phantom Menace.

The other two films are no less flawed...

Like all(?) blokes of my age the original trilogy have a special place in my heart so I'll always think of them fondly. They have their own flaws too but are excellent kids' movies and the acting and screen-writing shits all over his latest efforts. Also worth bearing in mind it was the sheer originality and freshness of the ideas in those films which made them so memorable. The prequels have nothing new or interesting to offer - apart from cocking Jar Jar Binks :rolleyes:

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Never really watched the Star Wars films properly, so the scenes I do remember I have no idea which film they're from. I like all the bits with Natalie Portman in though