State of the refs in this country

Infestissumam

absolutely incredible. Embarrassing and unacceptable for such a big league with all its money to have these clowns in charge.

Teja

Probably the worst referring performance against us in the recent memory

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
They say decisions balance themselves out but apart from Chelski (which still makes me chuckle), we've had so many shite refereeing performances).
It needs more transparency. Right now, we've got no idea how they are marked or why they're given games the following weekend.

Their marks should be published after games which would put some proper pressure on the markers to be fair. Then if marks are consistently low, they should be dropped.

Idxomer

There's a reason why United is the most team getting decisions from var. We've been getting fecked constantly from refs since SAF retired.

Just imagine if the var interfere in all decisions, it would be a farce seeing how biased refs are against United in normal play incidents.

OldSchoolManc

Despite the ending, this referee completely disrupted us and gave us two ridiculous yellows.
possibly a red card for Everton in the first half.
disgraceful performance

Hephaestus

Gonna be overshadowed by VAR and that offside call but he was so bad today. Booking Shaw and the phantom handball were just inexcusable.

If the referee had controlled the game properly from the beginning we would have won that comfortably. He should be in the Championship next weekend and i hope Ole comments on it in the presser.

izec

Completely random. You could appoint anyone, even a 5 year old toddler, and it wouldnt be any worse. Absolute trash

Amarsdd

how are these refs reffing in PL? i don't think I have seen a worst on-pitch performance by a ref in PL.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
As if the Everton fans had the nerve to complain and whine, he literally gave them every 50-50 and booked shaw, maguire and Fred for sweet feck all.

Absolutely pathetic performance from him and ruined the game as a contest.

Utdstar01

Let Everton constantly foul our players all first half and gave no cards. The first opportunity he gets to card ours, of course he does it.

Idxomer

What's it with that influx of referees in the premier league that looks scared of their own shadows and lack any character at all!

OldSchoolManc

Kavanagh needs to be taken off premier league duties for not one, but at least 4 big errors.
Ghost handball in a prime free kick area and 3 yellow cards that were incomprehensible.
Add to that, Calvert Lewin possible red, and the general homer performance, he shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near a top flight game again.

Acole9

Outstanding
Don't often criticise refs and I think people only do it on here because they're bitter about the result. The ref today looked well out of his depth.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
If the referee had controlled the game properly from the beginning we would have won that comfortably. He should be in the Championship next weekend and i hope Ole comments on it in the presser.
No doubt about it. Everton players could tell the ref was weak and decided to make it a shit show to their advantage. Start a fight, get the crowd on their side and pressure the ref. It worked really well to be fair to Everton, they played like Burnley and with the shit ref our advantage of quality on the ball got cancelled out. He also failed to book Everton players for diving the few times he didn't get fooled. Shambolic performance.

If the league is to be consistent then Everton should be fined for failing to control their players, pressuring the ref etc. The fact they got away with acting outraged all game accumulated in the most senseless arguing I've seen on a football pitch from Ancelotti. VAR decides, so talking to the ref does nothing and especially so when the rules are clear as day. He just took the red card so it would seem like they got robbed:lol: Absolute shit show this league is becoming with the level of refs throughout.

Sylar

Im still finding the Fred handball decision the funniest. Because that just shows he made it up / guessed. It was no where near his hand, so he guessed it based on the reaction of others. Thats stuff Martin Atkinson has done before.

Funnily enough as mentioned, the controversy will be about the ending, which was a correct decision, but of course, he had nothing to do with it

wrinklydong

DDG's blunder + the ref's performance definitely took the wind out of our sails. Even as a spectator, every time our players made a tackle it kept playing it my mind that there'll be a shocking decision against us. On the bright side, its not as shit as that match where Gibbs got sent off because Ox Chamberlain made a fine save with his hand.

RedfromIreland

Turned off at FT but just read he sent Ancelotti off?

Too little too late Chris, too little too late.
I’m not one hundred percent sure, but after Ancelotti had been in his face for a while, I think I heard the assistant ref say to Cavanagh, send him off or give him a red. Maybe someone can check the footage.

I’m not one hundred percent sure, but after Ancelotti had been in his face for a while, I think I heard the assistant ref say to Cavanagh, send him off or give him a red. Maybe someone can check the footage.
And because all the controversy is around the disallowed goal, which was decided correctly, the league will circle the wagons around him and completely forget the other 89 minutes where he got just about everything else wrong.

RedfromIreland

And because all the controversy is around the disallowed goal, which was decided correctly, the league will circle the wagons around him and completely forget the other 89 minutes where he got just about everything else wrong.
It’d be hard to find a worse performance this season.

Based Adnan

Nice to see Chris Kavanagh get rewarded for his fantastic performance over the weekend by reffing Chelsea v Liverpool

Fitchett

Another yellow card lottery tonight at Derby, from the always inept Craig Pawson. Derby collected one yellow card from eight fouls conceded, while United picked up three yellow cards from seven fouls given away. Somehow, Sibley escaped a card, despite several fouls and over aggression throughout, while Bailly and Williams were both carded for their first fouls.

Snuffkin

Another yellow card lottery tonight at Derby, from the always inept Craig Pawson. Derby collected one yellow card from eight fouls conceded, while United picked up three yellow cards from seven fouls given away. Somehow, Sibley escaped a card, despite several fouls and over aggression throughout, while Bailly and Williams were both carded for their first fouls.
Ref was not a problem tonight. Nice not to have VAR actually.

jetlee

Yes, there were some questionable decisions, but it is always the case.
Still it was night and day compared with the weekend. That was one of the worst refereed games overall.