State of the refs in this country

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
You banned him for that?

Have a word with yourself :lol:
A temp ban, and I banned him because I thought he was having words with himself. I assumed he was either he was off his medication or that he needed to be on some.

MJJ

A temp ban and I banned him because I thought he was having words with himself. I assumed he was either he was off his medication or that he needed to be on some.
:lol: He might still be off his medication.

Anustart: “hmm, maybe this has gone too far. I know what I’ll do! I’ll post that famous tough guy rant thing and then we’ll all have a big laugh and get back to the discussion. It’s foolproof!”

Goodman: *banned*
:lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Anustart: “hmm, maybe this has gone too far. I know what I’ll do! I’ll post that famous tough guy rant thing and then we’ll all have a big laugh and get back to the discussion. It’s foolproof!”

montpelier

A temp ban, and I banned him because I thought he was having words with himself. I assumed he was either he was off his medication or that he needed to be on some.
Done it awesome quick too, ''pour encourager les autres'' I suppose - :).

Acole9

Outstanding
Can't believe Noble wasn't sent off for that. Carroll had hands up in Shaw's face too.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
'kinell...
What the feck did you just fecking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the feck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fecking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fecker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fecking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fecking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fecking dead, kiddo.

Bojan11

You realise that the English aren't a race, right?
He’s forgotten that Ashley Cole and Rio Ferdinand used to talk shit to the refs all game too. English players get away with it. Rooney also was a big culprit.

I wish Smalling and Jones would do it.

Anustart89

What the feck did you just fecking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the feck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fecking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fecker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fecking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fecking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fecking dead, kiddo.
The set-up from @The Bloody-Nine was way too perfect, and then that happened :lol:

Almost pissed myself when I saw that I'd been banned :lol:

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
The way those West Ham players reacted was way out of line too. Tbh, Pog and Shaw both got jumped and I wouldn't be mad at either of them if they threw a punch. And the irony to be such a mega dirtbag when your name is little noble. Imagine Pogba doing the same to him, it would've looked like the ridiculous assault that it was and Pogba would miss at least 10 games for running straight into him, smother his face and poking his eyes out. Moss screwing up as usual.

The earlier incident on McTominay was real nasty, and should at least have been a freekick and a orange card. The PL refs are nuts sometimes

Odegaard insists upon retroactive punishment (VAR)

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Racism is rife among the refs in the league. You might call it 'the English lads are mates with the ref', but they're allowed to be matey with the refs because they're English, and they're given preferential treatment. Carragher and Gerrard have admitted as much.

If Pogba had attacked Noble like that he would've been off. Fellaini wouldn't have been let off without punishment for a forearm smash to the head that Carroll did.
You realise that the English aren't a race, right?
Xenophobia is too long to type, and now you just made me do it.

Was that the only counter-argument you had there, love?
Counter argument? I was trying to help you not look like a f*cking moron.
You've done really well making yourself look like the sane one here :lol:
Thanks. Are there any other words you use that don't mean what you intend because they're shorter?
Are you still going?

I, being a non-native English speaker, wrote the wrong word and then corrected myself upon being called out on it. I didn't bother editing the post in the first place because I felt it was quite comprehensible anyway, regardless of the shocking mix-up. I thought it was quite obvious that the "Xenophobia is longer" thing wasn't my actual reasoning behind not writing it in the first place, as typing on a keyboard isn't very time consuming.

I do sincerely apologise for this shocking error and will make sure that my words are more carefully chosen when posting online in the future. Dickhead.
1.He didn't correct himself, he was corrected.
2. Obviously riled up with insinuating that TB-N seems like the less sane poster of the two and ending it with calling him a Dickhead.

Getting banned might be over the top, but the meme-rant seems like nothing more than a cop-out after going ballistic from a minor correction.

Oh, and shit ref today, even worse than the teams that played.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
If anyone's seen Paul Tomkins argument on it in relation to us it's pretty telling.
I mean I know United fans will see it and the name and scream bias but there does seem an element of truth to it.
An inherent predisposition to seemingly favour English players. I mean the Morata interview was telling too, lino admits it's a foul but won't give it cause he'd been arguing all game.
It's worth a read .

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
You'll know to recognise the Navy SEAL copypasta from now on though :lol:

To be fair we have had some great rants in the past. This was Robbo in a drunken rant at Plechanzunga.

listen cockface...you are the most vile cumstain I've ever encountered on this forum. You monopoloise every thread you come across with some half arsed one liner that would'nt qualify for the Joe Longthorne show and then present yourself like you are the King of comedy on American prime time. You epitimise most of what I detest about the internet...opinions formed at the drop of a hat....petty jokes at the expense of others with no thought for their feelings and most of all the self absorbing egotistical self correction of spelling that really points out to every other poster that the highlight of your day is a wank to "big tit weekly". You dont have the friends here you perceive yourself to have and have the intellect of a gnat and the culmanation of this sceario will be your demise in a slow and agonising manner.

Be warned.

steffyr2

I always thought that was why Ronaldo left Utd. Remember the guy who had his arm around Ronaldo's throat?

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
There’s a reason no English ref will be working the World Cup this summer

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
It's an impressive accolade I know but I actually think Jon Moss is the worst ref in the Prem, ahead even of Oliver. He just gets everything wrong all the time. Alright Oliver's an arrogant little wet blanket who's influenced by his own shadow until he spots the chance to make a name for himself, but at least he has a pair of eyes and actually gets decisions right occasionally.

Moss gets everything wrong and then cops out all the time. Dreadful.

Schneckerl

"in this country"

The problem is refs in other countries are even worse. just watch some La Liga or Ligue 1.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Inconsistency in the refs is the worst thing about football right now.

We had 10,000 replays of Ashley Young giving that guy a slight elbow to the ribs, but when Noble grabs pogba with both hands around the face in an overly aggressive manner it's laughed off as a playground scuffle.

Where's SSN and BT sports showing countless replays? it's pathetic.

The fact that Moss saw the incident and decided a yellow for both was worthy is even more mindblowing, Pogba just stood there laughing.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
There’s a reason no English ref will be working the World Cup this summer

It’s because Clattenburg was the PL representative, with him going to Saudi Arabia there wasn’t enough time to draft another pl ref for the training.

They’re pretty rubbish though

MUFC OK

Noble and Carroll should be retrospectively punished, if that were the other way round and Shaw/Pogba had done that it would be front page news today and probably the main item on talksport on my drive into work this morning. Such is the realities of being a big club versus relative nobodies.

Kostov

The thing that annoyed me the most is why nobody of the bigger lads didn't go and smash Carrol or Noble. What are we? A fecking team? If some douchebag attacks my teammate, i'd rip his heart out. Last night only Shaw backed his teammate, the other ones were too slow for my liking.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The thing that annoyed me the most is why nobody of the bigger lads didn't go and smash Carrol or Noble. What are we? A fecking team? If some douchebag attacks my teammate, i'd rip his heart out. Last night only Shaw backed his teammate, the other ones were too slow for my liking.
You wanted them to actually assault Carrol and Noble? That's pretty daft. There was plenty of our lads throwing their weight into the melee, I think they expected Noble to get a red and were right not to retaliate in kind.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Oh, I never had occasion to read that.

@Damien can you unban him?

Brilliant laugh to start the day off :lol:

OldSchoolManc

I’ll be surprised if there’s even a mention on Sky Sports ref watch.
They seem to ignore every incident against United, like the assault on McTominay vs Huddersfield and various other penalty incidents that were conveniently forgotten.
Tin hat time - officials really don’t like United/Mourinho.

Big Andy

Bloke
A ban would've swiftly followed, and there endeth the chance to play at Wembley in the Final...

Kostov

You wanted them to actually assault Carrol and Noble? That's pretty daft. There was plenty of our lads throwing their weight into the melee, I think they expected Noble to get a red and were right not to retaliate in kind.
Yeah, tugs like Noble should always get their end and that instantly.
A ban would've swiftly followed, and there endeth the chance to play at Wembley in the Final...
Not that we would miss much if anyone was sent off, at least some karma on those pricks Noble/Carrol and entertainment for all of us that spent 90 minutes on that rubbish displayed.

I see people will get wound up by my comments, but that's my view on this bunch of players. No leaders, not standing for the teammate. One red card here might serve this bottlers in the longterm, we look like a spineless team.

Anustart89

1.He didn't correct himself, he was corrected.
2. Obviously riled up with insinuating that TB-N seems like the less sane poster of the two and ending it with calling him a Dickhead.

Getting banned might be over the top, but the meme-rant seems like nothing more than a cop-out after going ballistic from a minor correction.

Oh, and shit ref today, even worse than the teams that played.
1. It was pointed out to me that I wrote the wrong word, and then I wrote the correct word to indicate that I know I messed up. If he'd written "It's called xenophobia", then I would've been corrected, no? Anyway, I realised I wrote the wrong word from the beginning, and I was a bit annoyed at being called a "f*king moron" for the mix-up since the meaning of my post was pretty obvious from the beginning.

2. I thought it would be funny in an ironic way to say "I sincerely apologise", and "I'll be more careful with my words in the future", and then have the next word be "Dickhead", but the irony was obviously lost on you, and thus clearly another indication of my fragile mental state.

Then the copypasta was just a funny way to end the discussion because it was getting silly, to the point where points were trying to be scored based on my username. And then it got even funnier when a mod didn't get the joke. But obviously that's just me going ballistic and a cop-out, because you, being a certified armchair psychologist, know exactly what is going on in the heads of online posters and the levels of frustration that online arguments elicits in them.

Sorry if this is me going ballistic again, it's not my intention!

Last edited:

Hawks2008

Cant send Noble off. He's a geezer aint he? A British Bulldog. It's what the English game was built on. Take that out the game, and you're left with boring 0-0 draws on a Thursday night.
Yeah good ol Mark Noble such a right propah brexit lad yer da is so erect right now

The Bloody-Nine

To be fair, technically l didn't call you a moron. I said I was trying to help you not look like one.

mancan92

All you have to do is look at the standard of refereeing in the world cup so far to see how poor they are here. Seems like none of them have any composure and just look for personal glory. It really is embarrassing how poor they look compared to these guys.

Also look at how good VAR has been so far. The FA need to have a long hard look at themselves

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Really? For me it's been the opposite. Seeing referees unable to spot a clear and obvious foul even with the support of VAR shows that ours aren't quite so bad as being made out.

Nick7

Refereeing has been a lot better in this tournament than in the Premier League. Small sample size but yeah. I can see why no English refs have gone.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Really? For me it's been the opposite. Seeing referees unable to spot a clear and obvious foul even with the support of VAR shows that ours aren't quite so bad as being made out.
Happens quite a bit to ours too, with that FA cup trail

Anustart89

To be fair, the knowledge that VAR is there might make them let play go on more often than they normally would, so it's not a given that they do not spot the fouls. Especially since they're under instructions to let play go on in situations where VAR could overturn a wrong call.

I'm usually very critical of refs, but I think that they've been great so far.

ivaldo

Happens quite a bit to ours too, with that FA cup trail
Foreign referees (and let's not forget, these are the very best referees these countries have to offer) making mistakes that our referees get blasted for surely is evidence that they really aren't that bad?

Last edited:

ivaldo

To be fair, the knowledge that VAR is there might make them let play go on more often than they normally would, so it's not a given that they do not spot the fouls. Especially since they're under instructions to let play go on in situations where VAR could overturn a wrong call.

I'm usually very critical of refs, but I think that they've been great so far.
Effectively removing the urgency of a decision from a referee who can later correct an error doesn't prove its good officiating, just that it's a better system. And even then, it's incredibly poor that a referee can get a decision wrong (like the Costa goal), have the benefit of a replay and the advice of an additional 4 officials, and still come away with a wrong decision.

The officiating has been alright but no better than what we've seen in England. The big plus however is seeing a thoroughly well planned and well executed VAR system in place, and demonstrating it as something we should be rolling out over here.