Steve Claridge

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
What's the story with this idiot being all over the media?

He's a whiney self regarding prick. The way he talks over people with manners and knowledge on 5 Live drives me fecking nuts.

What do you lot think about him ? Is it just me who hates his monotone whine ?

Sylar

His commentary is probably the worst ive heard. Hes making a point, and then starts laughing whilst hes doing it like hes making a joke and hes cool.

Its rather odd.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
I hear ya. hes on setanta sports and the poor presenters have to try and deal with him hes so rude and difficult.
He talks over them and thinks his viewpoint is paramount. hes similar to collymor in that regard but worse, miserable cnut too.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Used to like it when he was on with Marcotti on Friday's . Steve the squeaky, passionate loudmouth and Gab the well spoken intellectual.

Both as clueless as each other.

gh78

He's always dicounting people's opinions because they were never a footballer by that sentiment he should not comment on the big teams.
Twat.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
For me, the test for a pundit is to be able to put forward an opposing view to your own however despite this being the case, they hold both your attention and respect for the PoV and how it is explained. And something to question where you may stand on an issue.

It's not something taht Claridge can claim on a massively regular basis but this is hardly unique in the emdia and no massive crime i would say.

B Cantona

Desperate
I like him in the sense that he'll give a strong opinion, and clearly it's his actual belief, not just to get a rise out of someone or to try and make a name for himself. He's also got a good general knowledge of lower league football

What I don't like is his belief that his opinion is someone more valid than others, because he's played the game. Well actually I don't mind him thinking that, I mind him bringing it up in debate as a ploy. He could have a tad more grace and respect I believe

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
I agree in the main, though his opinion on many issues ought to be more valid because he's played the game - he should have insights that we lack.

Problem is he often doesn't, and when he does (or thinks he does) he's graceless about it as you say.

I veer between quite liking him and wanting to smack him in the face with a banjo.

sully07

I'm glad it's not just me, I cannot listen to the radio if he is on. Loved him as a footballer, never premiership class but a superb lower league footballer but as a pundit he is awful. States the bleeding obvious in a condescending way. cnut.

MUFC1902

What was it Arrigo Sacchi said about managing despite never having played the game? "I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first." A few pundits in the Claridge mold could do worse than have a read of that.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
He's the main reason I don't watch that league show after MOTD. He speaks in a way that makes it sound that it gives him actual pain to explain some very basic football opinions.