Steven Gerrard Retires

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
"This does not fecking slip". Cheers Stevie.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Meanwhile, star(fish) pundit Steven Gerrard bungs irony in the bin by criticising Aaron Ramsey for 'over-reacting':

Steven Gerrard said:
“I thought the Welsh are meant to be tough.”
Steven J-rard said:
"Get to f*ck, you 'sea lions on a skirt' twit."

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Charlie Nicholas says that Slippy is one of the greatest ever even though he never won the league because George Best never travelled to the WC/Euros but is still regarded as one of the greatest ever :houllier: :lol:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Great player, but he stayed a bit too long at Liverpool. His last 2 or 3 seasons there were poor. He was never going to cut it as a deep midfielder. The one thing he lacked was discipline, which served him well as a blood and thunder attacking midfielder.

Hated him playing against us at his peak though. Phenomenal striker of the ball.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Not ashamed to say, but the slip was my favourite club football moment of 2014.

Pure delight in a horrendous year.
I would say that followed by crystanbul was the best week of pl footy outside of United ever

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He'll show up at Klopp's door, drunk, on January transfer deadline day begging for a loan move if they're top of the table.

"I won't slip this time, I promise." Before he slips while pissing in Klopp's garden.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
It's a rare player to have brought so many moments of joy to both Liverpool and Manchester United fans in one career, but Gerrard managed it.

As with most English players, he was never as good as the hype that surrounded him, but that's not really a reflection on him as a player - it still can't be denied he was a very effective Premier League player at his peak, which for me was playing behind Torres at the end of the Benitez era.

I genuinely thought he'd re-join Liverpool in the hope of getting himself a Premier League winners medal this season, but seems that was never on the table. Maybe Klopp said no immediately?

JustJackTheLad

Can't deny the mans ability. Top player all jokes aside!

Should of moved clubs when he had the chance.. he wouldn't have such an empty trophy/medal room at home. But don't get me wrong, i'd change my 200m swimming gala runners up medal in 2002 for his champs league medal.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It's a rare player to have brought so many moments of joy to both Liverpool and Manchester United fans in one career, but Gerrard managed it.

As with most English players, he was never as good as the hype that surrounded him, but that's not really a reflection on him as a player - it still can't be denied he was a very effective Premier League player at his peak, which for me was playing behind Torres at the end of the Benitez era.

I genuinely thought he'd re-join Liverpool in the hope of getting himself a Premier League winners medal this season, but seems that was never on the table. Maybe Klopp said no immediately?
Yeah I think Klopp knows he's got no way to use for an over the hill Gerrard. There's no way he can play the midfield role for us like Henderson does. Gerrard doesn't have the legs anymore.

Ban

His last ever PL game was a 6:1 defeat at Stoke. He did score that one goal though.

worldgonemad

To be fair , i think he effectively retired when he went to the USA . His fitness was in decline for the last couple of seasons in the Pl as well i think . In his prime though , he was among the very best attacking midfielders around and certainly one of the main reasons a mediocre liverpool team were able to attract top talent and continue to win things in hard times . All the best for the future though , no doubt he will stay in the game .

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Thanks for the memories, Stevie.

Sepukku

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was always a top, top player no matter what people say. Good luck to him.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Great player for club and rival clubs/nations alike!

Last edited:

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I think the poster above that said he stayed too long is right. Much the same as Rooney with us.

FireballXL5

Everton fan who wanted to sign for Chelsea, but played a bit for Liverpool.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
He's definitely my footballing hero. I remember his first goal against Sheffield Wednesday like it was yesterday :(. He may have been the reason we didn't win that Chelsea game but I think we would have dropped points to a Chelsea team that came to defend regardless of the slip. United and Chelsea fans especially still bring up the slip but I don't think many Pool fans would trade Istanbul for winning the league that year. Giggs has 13 premier league medals and Gerrard has zero, but I would take one steven Gerrard over the whole of class of 92.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He's definitely my footballing hero. I remember his first goal against Sheffield Wednesday like it was yesterday :(. He may have been the reason we didn't win that Chelsea game but I think we would have dropped points to a Chelsea team that came to defend regardless of the slip. United and Chelsea fans especially still bring up the slip but I don't think many Pool fans would trade Istanbul for winning the league that year. Giggs has 13 premier league medals and Gerrard has zero, but I would take one steven Gerrard over the whole of class of 92.
:lol::lol::lol: