Steven Gerrard Retires

RedMist99

He's definitely my footballing hero. I remember his first goal against Sheffield Wednesday like it was yesterday :(. He may have been the reason we didn't win that Chelsea game but I think we would have dropped points to a Chelsea team that came to defend regardless of the slip. United and Chelsea fans especially still bring up the slip but I don't think many Pool fans would trade Istanbul for winning the league that year. Giggs has 13 premier league medals and Gerrard has zero, but I would take one steven Gerrard over the whole of class of 92.
Me too

0 PL medals > 50 Pl medals

Dyslexic Untied

Great player and one of the PL greats. Unlucky for him that he played in a club and on a national team that achieved so little. Perhaps also one of the last players of his ilk.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
He was always a top, top player no matter what people say. Good luck to him.
Yep, initiated the biggest comeback of all times. He might not have been the most effective or the most consistent player, but he was involved in some pretty inspirational moments of football.

VanGaalEra

He's definitely my footballing hero. I remember his first goal against Sheffield Wednesday like it was yesterday :(. He may have been the reason we didn't win that Chelsea game but I think we would have dropped points to a Chelsea team that came to defend regardless of the slip. United and Chelsea fans especially still bring up the slip but I don't think many Pool fans would trade Istanbul for winning the league that year. Giggs has 13 premier league medals and Gerrard has zero, but I would take one steven Gerrard over the whole of class of 92.
Liverpool fans, ladies and gentlemen.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
United LEGENDS with more PL Medals than Gerrard:
Luke Chadwick
Darren Ferguson
Tomasz Kuszczak
Roy Carrol
David May
Darron Gibson
Ronnie Wallwork
Jordi Cruyff
Micheal Owen :lol:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"Remember the name: Steven Gerald."

SteveJ

Scout
Memories of Gerald:
RAWK said:
Gerrard turned around with his hands on his hips, and looked into the main stand, kind of casting his eye over the fans, and at one point he was directly looking at me. I will never forget this because the feeling in my stomach when our eyes met was akin to the butterflies you'd normally feel making eye contact with a girl you fancied.

SQUAWK said:
Enjoy your retirement and some additional time with your beautiful wife
Why not - everyone else has.
PAWK said:
Any adjective will feel proud to be sat alongside his name.

NAWK said:
O Captain! My Captain!
O FFS...

kidbob

Decent player, decent career. Not good enough for the top teams but few players are.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Pity he wasn't allowed make that dream move to Chelsea.

Sepukku

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yep, initiated the biggest comeback of all times. He might not have been the most effective or the most consistent player, but he was involved in some pretty inspirational moments of football.
I couldn't have said it better.

SteveJ

Scout
Ah f*ck, it's JohnnoWhite:
Johnno said:
So then what to say about England's number 4? I better start with telling you I always hated the sight of him. He was a real pain in the arse and hail, rain or shine, you could bank on him having a blinder.

I sit back now and dispassionately analyse why that had to be the way that it was and it's simple really isn't it? It's because OUR game fired him up more than any other. And why wouldn't it? 38 titles between the undisputed top dogs of English football. It can't get any better than that.

Our game always mattered to the Liverpool FAN that he clearly was (Liverpool born, Liverpool nurtured and grown, one-club lad) - probably his lifetime's ambition was realised the minute he first pulled on the shirt and became officially a Liverpool professional employee. Imagine it if you can, getting paid to wear the shirt you loved - fecking magic eh!!

The rivalry between our two clubs is for me almost a thing of beauty (now I'm an auld arse like)
I can appreciate the build-up to our game and even enjoy the entertainment spectacle that it most often was - even when the tide flowed in LFC's favour, which I can admit it occasionally did . . . ;) Whenever THAT happened, HE would be in the thick of it - the bleedin' nuisance.

How can I dislike the bloke really given his credentials? Working class lad, talented, his lifetime ambition realised with his home town club (in his case the RIGHT one of the two clubs! he had options to join)

It's a Roy of the Rovers story come to life! And FFS don't anyone feckin' start asking "Who's Roy of the Rovers!"

My only regret is that he was born and grew up 38 miles away at the other end of the East Lancs - and as a result , ended up wearing the WRONG red shirt!!

27 years can't pass unmarked - I KNOW it won't be. I feel for the fella on his final home appearance. Not done the research to add up how many appearances / games that totals but his heart will be bursting with so many aspects of emotion.

For sure that emotion will drive the engine-room for one glorious final competitive time and you just know he'll shine. I really hope he does it just this one last time at Anfield.

Tarra Stevie G - as you make your final bow you will be very much missed - and not just by the fans of the club you adored lad.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Finally scousers can really relate to him now that he doesn’t have a job anymore.

pacifictheme

Nistelrooy only winning 1 is a joke. Man deserved more.
Weird isn't it? I do think selling him was a catalyst for that great side in the mid 00s though. I never think back to him as a great United player. I never really know why. Maybe because we weren't that successful while he was here, and he left under a bit of a cloud.

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
Haha, I knew this would be a bad place to go after I heard the news

:D