Stoke City F.C. vs. Manchester United F.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

United10

yes, moyes has not been exactly the best motivator and his tactics seem all wrong, but these players need to step up!! Watching them get outplayed by teams like stoke and sunderland is just pathetic. there is no excuse for why they can't beat these teams. they are both teams with far less quality than we have, but they are putting in match performances, unlike United players who think they can just show up and traipse to a win.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
That's Moyes gone at the end of the season. We haven't a hope in hell of getting top 4 and I can't see the Glazers keeping him on for another season of disappointment.

Bojan11

Is Fergie really going to watch Moyes kill us?

Surely he sees there is no improvement to our player whoever we have on.

Hannibal

We should just play the reserves in the league games now & focus on hrs champions league. We can do it like Chelsea in 2012.

Bojan11

That's Moyes gone at the end of the season. We haven't a hope in hell of getting top 4 and I can't see the Glazers keeping him on for another season of disappointment.
Problem is Fergie. If it was up to them he'd be gone.

DevilRed

That was almost comical defending in the second half. Smalling looked like he was going to shit himself half the time. I understand there were lots of injuries but we pretty much created nothing until maybe right at the end.

Even then... That cleverly shot. I actually question how fecking shite do you have to be not to even get it on target.

Shambles at the back, in midfield and just all over the park really. Moyes has no idea how to change our tactics and how to win games. It's really come to the point where he might be facing the sack in the summer if things don't change.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Just a shit game, at a shit place against a shit side in shit weather with shit luck.

Shit.

Wizard Keyaz

Caf's Confucious
To overcome evil with good is good, to resist evil
That was almost comical defending in the second half. Smalling looked like he was going to shit himself half the time. I understand there were lots of injuries but we pretty much created nothing until maybe right at the end.

Even then... That cleverly shot. I actually question how fecking shite do you have to be not to even get it on target.

Shambles at the back, in midfield and just all over the park really. Moyes has no idea how to change our tactics and how to win games. It's really come to the point where he might be facing the sack in the summer if things don't change.
That just sums up the whole game

dar10nian

Fletchers biggest fan
Terrible performances from Cleverley, Welbeck and Young. Can't expect RVP, mata and roo too much when they have to play with such mediocre players.

Name Changed

weso26
Many on here seemed to think we'd cruise past Stoke today & beat Liverpool to 4th, without us adding to Central Midfield in January... We're a shambles with Cleverless in there. I'd play the tea lady ahead of that useless cnut..
Many on here were completely wrong! We don't deserve to be in the top 4 when we have a mid table standard (at best) midfield.

Saoirse.

Liverpool Fan
how the feck are you not banned from the matchday forum? Always stirring like a Traveller.
Why are United fans saying he is shit ok, but when I say it I am 'stirring'. I'm just calling it as I see it, no need to be so precious about it.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Why are United fans saying he is shit ok, but when I say it I am 'stirring'. I'm just calling it as I see it, no need to be so precious about it.
Because you're a bin dipper fan on a United forum on a bad day for United. Sorry if you're too precious to understand.

Saoirse.

Liverpool Fan
Because you're a bin dipper fan on a United forum on a bad day for United. Sorry if you're too precious to understand.
I'm on this forum everyday so just because today is a match day makes it no different.

You're not a mod, don't tell when and what I can post.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Hand in heart, I think Moyes will come good, but having Cleverly as our midfield is a complete joke, I judt can't see what Tom Cleverly does in the training ground for him to be considered in the starting line up.
Homegrown, English, runs about. That's about it really. He has gone backwards. He looked like a really good players but has seriously gone backwards.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Kin' ell

Still 45 to go and we've hardly had the best of luck eh ?
All I said was it was so bad? That encompasses everything - our shit football and injury problems included. Fact is it isn't going great for us. Form, injuries, luck, it's all against us. It's all so, so bad. Is that ok with you?

Ash_G

For me another game where his subs didn't reflect the game, Rafael aside. When Jones got injured it was hardly the worst situation in terms of turning it around, with RVP, Rooney and Mata getting two goals in 45mins wasn't exactly the hardest task. But he brought on Welbeck, pushing Rooney deep and not answering the problem of us lacking central penetration. I mean for me it was another classic example of us struggling when we have two strikers pushed too high. We need that other players just ahead of them. For me it should have been a midfielder for Jones, or at worst if Welbeck was coming on he should have gone wide with mata in the hole.

Welbeck just is not a number 10. He lacks any real conviction on the ball, doesn't play people in or run with it, he'll track better than some but that wasn't the issue. I mean we have two top class number 10s on the pitch and it took till about the 75th minute or something to get one of them actually playing in the link role. Then with RVP going off fair enough we don't want to risk it, but surely then is the situation to get Rooney up the pitch. Hernandez may be a poacher but we were barely creating anything. Get Rooney up there and let him link up with mata.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
We lacked everything today. We weren't terrible, but we had some terrible moments from the Carrick deflection to Cleverley's miss. We had bad luck where a shit team fouled our players on every promising counter attack.

The problem I had was I think we approached the game in an attacking sense fine, but the final ball bar Mata's pass to RVP was well off. The cutbacks were weak and generally lacked direction, Young's crossing from the left was horrendous.

Unfortunately when Welbeck was given the ooportunity he really let us down. He must've had some tips from Hernandez on ball control because even though he's no Dennis Bergkamp, that was as bad as I've seen from him.

The injuries didn't help but it's no excuse against Hughes' Stoke who aren't very good. They posed little or no threat for the most-part and probably won the game because they fouled us so much. The goals they scored speak volumes of the result though, both were chancers from outside the area. One hit perfectly, one with a horrible deflection. Us? We kept trying to walk the fecker in and failed, badly.

One step forward, two back. The Moyes curse on all these 'records' continues. Please note - I'm not blaming him directly, he wasn't fecking up pull backs and blazing shots over from 5 yards.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I'm on this forum everyday so just because today is a match day makes it no different.

You're not a mod, don't tell when and what I can post.
If I was a mod you would have been banned for that time you celebrated a scouse goal against United on here.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Jones/Welbeck substitution was very odd. In doing so, we had 2 key players out of position in a 2nd half against long ball thug merchants playing with the wind. Welbeck was pretty anonymous. Don't understand why he did not simply bring of Fletcher.

Likewise, bringing on Hernandez instead of Januzaj when we needed some invention also made no sense.

Moyes has been unlucky for many reasons, but these sorts of tactical decisions are not working for him far too often.

Im prepared to write off this season as an investment in his learning on the job but Im beginning to think k perhaps this job is beyond him. But I trust SAF and Charlton and know they will do what they believe is best for the club. Hopefully Moyes can come good, but I don't think we should stick with him just to prove a point.

EricaNo7

Jones/Welbeck substitution was very odd. In doing so, we had 2 key players out of position in a 2nd half aginst long ball thug merchants playing with the wind. Welbeck was pretty anonymous. Dont understand why he did not simply bring of Fletcher.
Likewise, bringing on Hernandez instead of Januzaj when we needed some invention also made no sense.

Moyes has been unlucky for many reasons, but these sorts of tactical decisions are not working for him far too often.
Im prepared to write off this season as an investment in his learning on the job but Im beginning to thi k perhaps this job is beyond him. But I trsut SAF and Charlton and know they will do what they belive is best for the club. Hopefully Moyes can come good, but I dont think we should stcik with him just to prove a point.
We had absolutely no luck at all, the Adam goal could have gone anywhere and the ref gave us nothing. Having said that , not the best start at a new team . We will turn it around though - we've not had much of a midfield for quite a whole though

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
We had absolutely no luck at all, the Adam goal could have gone anywhere and the ref gave us nothing. Having said that , not the best start at a new team . We will turn it around though - we've not had much of a midfield for quite a whole though
Well, we had the January window to upgrade in CM & defence & got nobody feckin in. Cabaye would have a good signin for starters... I've banged this drum & got called whinger etc.. but we needed upgrades & a back-up in CB now - not just in the summer...

Bojan11

Nonsense! You said it like the Glazers know better than Sir Alex!

Moyes let us down. He let Sir Alex down. Again, blaming Sir Alex is just daft.
Did you read Fergies comments the other week? He said Moyes won't be sacked.

redevil2

I was delighted with the efforts of RVP and Mata. I feel sorry for DDG but the rest just haven't been cutting it for me.
Young and Welbeck played the full game whereas Kagawa wasn't even on the bench. There's something wrong with the manager if you ask me, with no plan B or plan at all. Any players are supposed to perform but what the manager does makes a difference between win and loss

Saoirse.

Liverpool Fan
D

Out of interest, why a United one and not your own team?

Although I must admit to signing up to a Spurs one briefly when the Berbatov transfer was imminent
I just prefer debating issues with fans of an opposition team, I used to be on a Liverpool forum but the conversation is always the same old shit, I just like it better I guess- I mean you don;t go into a pub and sit with just supporters of the same team is it, its more interesting if your friends support other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.