Stones vs David Luiz

Sigma

Who's better right now?

I would have David Luiz over Stones

hobbers

I'd probably have Luiz over Stones atm for his personality, but obviously Stones should in all account become the better player.

Both vastly inferior players to our boy Daley though, so there you go.

Revan

Assumptionman
David Luiz by a large distance. Stones will probably become better in the future, but at the moment Luiz is much better.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Lazy comparison that's often made when they're not alike at all.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Luiz comfortably. They get judged by completely different yard sticks.

One is a youngster with a shit load to learn, the other is an established pro who occasionally does some daft things but has also proven his quality on numerous occasions.

Kag

Both share similar strengths (not that there's many) and weaknesses. Stones is better at defending, though. When he isn't goating around with the ball and keeps it simple he's capable of putting in some solid defensive displays.

Mind you, I hate defenders that can't defend. I wouldn't touch either with a bargepole.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Different players at different stages of their career. Why the need to compare them?

Sigma

Lazy comparison that's often made when they're not alike at all.
There both defenders who are good with their feet but make mistakes. On this basic level, they are similar enough to warrant a thread imo

prarek

Stones as a ball playing defender. Luiz as a defensive midfielder.

DonDarmian

You should add Daley Blind to the mix, which I think is the superior of them

3KDré

Stones...but neither can defend that well IMO. I may be biased but honestly I think Blind is better, and Bailly is undoubtedly better than both. Seriously Bailly has the potential to be one of the best in the league.

Hercules

Yep

Not even a question for me

I also think stones will go on to be a world class defender. He is already looking better in his short spell at city
How I wish you'd see with your English tinted (if that's the right word) glasses off, Stones > Luiz? Never in a million years as of now and I'm a Man Utd supporter from Asia so no bias but Chelsea have had a bettter deal than Man Cty.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
How I wish you'd see with your English tinted (if that's the right word) glasses off, Stones > Luiz? Never in a million years as of now and I'm a Man Utd supporter from Asia so no bias but Chelsea have had a bettter deal than Man Cty.
I'm not English

I would take the young defender with bags of potential anyday over a 29 year old ex player who isn't getting any better and at times is a liability

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Luiz by a country mile.

Comfortably better defensively and with the ball.

Revan

Assumptionman
I'm not English

I would take the young defender with bags of potential anyday over a 29 year old ex player who isn't getting any better and at times is a liability
The question is who is better right now? So the potential, longevity etc doesn't matter on that question.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
The question is who is better right now? So the potential, longevity etc doesn't matter on that question.
I actually quite like David Luiz. He is a a good footballer

But he is always an accident waiting to happen, and at his age he won't change

And right now I would trust stones under pep more. I think stones will have the better season. So my answer is stones

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Every time I watch David Luiz play I feel that with a bit of luck I could have been a professional footballer... and I was really shit !!!!
Nah Luiz can be a clown at times but the guy is immensely talented. In terms of all round natural ability Luiz is fantastic and comfortably better than Stones, however he lacks consistency and is far too erratic to ever be considered one of the top defenders in the game. I feel by the time Stones concludes his career there won't be much debate to be had over who was the better player.