Television Stranger Things (Netflix Original) | CONTAINS SPOILERS

Moby

Dick
Of course i do. My favorite character actually, but it was only his in the first movie. I do agree one of them should go but look how many died there.
I agree with the above who are saying killing one of the main guys will mainly help in trimming the cast and removing some pointless scenes but won't actually be that impactful.

TheRedHearted

I agree with the above who are saying killing one of the main guys will mainly help in trimming the cast and removing some pointless scenes but won't actually be that impactful.
I agree. We have never had a main character die. Max was added on so to be honest it’s more likely to be Lucas considering a redemption arch. But would they kill one of the main four? Idk

Dan_F

Yeah, I don't think so. There will be a happy ending where all 4 will be there (likely playing DoD and how the entire series was their game)
Please don’t give them ideas. Can you imagine if they did that.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I din't think the cast is too bloated. But I think that the two plot lines about Hopper/Joyce and Mike/Will/Jonathan weren't good enough. Some of the episodes were pretty goofy, for example the one where they are at the house of Dustin's hacker girl friend. Even the sounds were almost out of a Looney Toons episode. Maybe it's just me not remembering it but this didn't come across as a Stranger Things scene. Or the plane crash. I mean.. come on.

But all in all a phenomenal show. Second best season so far for me. Episodes 4 and 7 were just ace. The scene in which Max escapes and the revelation at the end were true master pieces. You've seen a few of the elements of the plot twist coming but how all of it intertwines.. brillant. Most of the time, twists like these are either out of nowhere or illogical. This one was carefully built up and perfectly logical. Love it and can't wait for the final episodes.

lsd

The Oracle
most reviews i have seen have been rather negative and i tend to agree with them. It has not been a good season and is reminding me of Game of Thrones at its worst.

Too many boring sub plots, characters all spread out away from each other. It has totally ruined Hopper a top 3 character. The guy playing Eddie cannot act although i have read he is really english which explains his accent troubles.Argylle or whoever he is is the shows Jar Jar Binks

Joyce, Max,Steve, Dustin and Robin are holding the show together but with so much rubbish happening away from them its hard to care.

Maybe too time has passed for the younger cast but i am amazed that the worst characters bar Johnathan and Nancy obviously are now Eleven,Mike and Will.

Adding more and making the show bigger has resulted in a lot less entertainment

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Enjoyed the 1st episode of sesson 3 but why was the focus on the cheerleader? Was she in season 2? The recap did feck all tp jog my memory.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Most reviews I've seen have been positive
Yeah it's been universally well received, so unless you're on a site designed to shit on the show or maybe some hardcore fan website, I dunno how you'd find "mostly negative reviews".

I get that it's become a far more blockbuster show than it was but I think it's handled becoming a blockbuster show way better than Game of Thrones did. It's good fun.

nimic

something nice
Scout
most reviews i have seen have been rather negative and i tend to agree with them. It has not been a good season and is reminding me of Game of Thrones at its worst.

Too many boring sub plots, characters all spread out away from each other. It has totally ruined Hopper a top 3 character. The guy playing Eddie cannot act although i have read he is really english which explains his accent troubles.Argylle or whoever he is is the shows Jar Jar Binks

Joyce, Max,Steve, Dustin and Robin are holding the show together but with so much rubbish happening away from them its hard to care.

Maybe too time has passed for the younger cast but i am amazed that the worst characters bar Johnathan and Nancy obviously are now Eleven,Mike and Will.

Adding more and making the show bigger has resulted in a lot less entertainment
I suspect you've been searching out negative reviews, then:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/stranger_things/s04

90% critics, 91% audience.

Unam333

Just finished bingewatching all four seasons and the show is really fantastic, very smart storytelling.

I'm happy the producers didn't kill off the main cast members and even added a few newcomers. It pisses me off seeing good characters getting killed off like they did in The Walking Dead.

lsd

The Oracle
I suspect you've been searching out negative reviews, then:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/stranger_things/s04

90% critics, 91% audience.

I don't use rotten tomatoes but yes I'm sure there are lots of positive reviews out there.

I just googled reviews and the first ones came up were Rolling stone,Variety and Mashable so maybe I just got the ones that had problems with the show similar to myself.

I stand by my points though there are some obviously good elements still there but just being let down by the bad ones and as a fan of one character in particular having them totally wasted thus far annoys

Last edited:

Widow

If Max died in 'that scene' it would have been brilliant! Not because she died but because they built the whole thing up to tug at the heart strings. She ran towards to light looking like she would make it only to get squashed.

Also, a program that kills a main character (Bob & Babs not included) keeps us on our toes knowing that someone central to the story could die at any moment. A little like TWD when Negan killed Glen. It gave him a terrifying presence whenever he was on screen.

Anyway, an altogether great series and a great show in general.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
This season is fantastic so far IMO. The music, acting, cinematography, pacing, storyline all spot on. Really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the second half.

They really should make the recap more comprehensive though. I couldn't remember WTF was going on at all for the first few episodes, and a few of the younger cast members I didn't even recognize because adolescence :lol:.

Is it just me who has a thing for Nancy then? :nervous: :drool:

Unam333

This season is fantastic so far IMO. The music, acting, cinematography, pacing, storyline all spot on. Really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the second half.

They really should make the recap more comprehensive though. I couldn't remember WTF was going on at all for the first few episodes, and a few of the younger cast members I didn't even recognize because adolescence :lol:.

Is it just me who has a thing for Nancy then? :nervous: :drool:
Nancy?
Season 3 Mrs. Wheeler! :drool:

Sylar

Yeah it's been universally well received, so unless you're on a site designed to shit on the show or maybe some hardcore fan website, I dunno how you'd find "mostly negative reviews".

I get that it's become a far more blockbuster show than it was but I think it's handled becoming a blockbuster show way better than Game of Thrones did. It's good fun.
I did a google search and it's mostly how it's bigger and darker. I would have to search for ones that are negative overall it seems

Anyway Id never tell anybody how to feel (in a serious way)

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
If Max died in 'that scene' it would have been brilliant! Not because she died but because they built the whole thing up to tug at the heart strings. She ran towards to light looking like she would make it only to get squashed.

Also, a program that kills a main character (Bob & Babs not included) keeps us on our toes knowing that someone central to the story could die at any moment. A little like TWD when Negan killed Glen. It gave him a terrifying presence whenever he was on screen.

If max had died it wouldn't have been anywhere close to as impactful. That's why Stephen King's "kill your darlings" mantra shouldn't be set in stone.

"Save your darlings" can be equally as emotional.

Moby

Dick

The problem with that is she's also one of the few actors in the show worth watching so in creating whatever shock or impact you also run the risk or ultimately worsening the whole show by taking out one of the better characters. Game of Thrones is a perfect example of how that strategy completely ruined the show. Through the first four seasons they basically one after another kept killing not only the most important characters in the show but also who were played by the best actors and while those moments were impactful, the remaining seasons ended up as absolute unwatchable garbage because the ones left couldn't act to save their lives.

Imagine watching the remainder of this show with only Will and Mike going on about whatever the feck they've been going about. No thanks. I'd rather have the ones that actually make the show watchable.

Widow

If max had died it wouldn't have been anywhere close to as impactful. That's why Stephen King's "kill your darlings" mantra shouldn't be set in stone.

"Save your darlings" can be equally as emotional.
I guess it's a personal choice. I prefer to have a main die and keep me guessing rather than think, nope, no chance they die here.

The problem with that is she's also one of the few actors in the show worth watching
Oh, I agree. As I stated, I'm not wanting to be rid of her because I don't like her. I honestly never had any doubt that she wouldn't survive and I like the not knowing, It makes the show better for me, tenser during those scenes.

Moby

Dick
Oh, I agree. As I stated, I'm not wanting to be rid of her because I don't like her. I honestly never had any doubt that she wouldn't survive and I like the not knowing, It makes the show better for me, tenser during those scenes.
I agree, I just don't get why we have to lose one of the rare good actors in the show for that. Get rid of Will, Mike, Jonathan, Joyce, etc. All those morons are also part of the main cast and offer sweet feckall.

Widow

I agree, I just don't get why we have to lose one of the rare good actors in the show for that. Get rid of Will, Mike, Jonathan, Joyce, etc. All those morons are also part of the main cast and offer sweet feckall.
I'm not against that but, would it be as impactful if it was one that we really weren't arsed about? I'm not sure. However, I do believe that we'll see a death in the last two episodes.

Moby

Dick
I had zero doubt that she'd survive...well, maybe a little.

We have only lost Barb (debatable) and Bob that really mattered and Bob was only just above a bit-part character although very well liked.
Billy?

And again that was a case of losing easily the best actor who has been cast in the entire show. But anyway that was a huge death for me to provide enough suspense for other characters especially like Max who wasn't part of the initial plot. Only when it comes to the likes of Eleven, Dustin etc do I really feel the effect of plot armor.

Moby

Dick
I'm not against that but, would it be as impactful if it was one that we really weren't arsed about? I'm not sure. However, I do believe that we'll see a death in the last two episodes.
They're still hugely important in the plot of the show given the whole thing started to keep them alive. Hopper will probably die in a final way of helping eleven or something and I'd be good with that. That's better than having cheap shock deaths and turn this into GoT.

Moby

Dick
Also don't forget there is another Season to go after the next two episodes - I kept forgetting that.
Not sure how much content is actually left to keep dragging this. Feels like we are a good closing point right now with one big final sendoff.

Plus Mike will age another 15 years by then. Ugh.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Not sure how much content is actually left to keep dragging this. Feels like we are a good closing point right now with one big final sendoff.

Plus Mike will age another 15 years by then. Ugh.
Without using spoilers the big bad entity will rule S5 I am guessing.