Television Stranger Things (Netflix Original) | CONTAINS SPOILERS

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Seems to me that theyre' setting up Steve to make a sacrifice for Nancy. Possibly transform because of the bites and play a pivotal part in defeating Vecna before dying.
Think Steve dies right after saving Nancy. I think he refuses to come back from upside-down or something like that.

I think Vecna will have a 1v 1 duel vs Eleven, which Eleven obviously wins

Tarrou

would absolutely love it if this all ended with Vecna just obliterating all these annoying kids, especially eleven

will never happen but it would be so satisfying

anant

would absolutely love it if this all ended with Vecna just obliterating all these annoying kids, especially eleven

will never happen but it would be so satisfying
Eleven will die in Season 5 finale for sure.

Think Will will be revealed as one of the bad guys as well, and die. Apart from that, I do hope they kill a few more people but not sure how that will pan out

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I doubt they kill any of the main characters at this point.

One thing I didnt quite get: It is revealed that you can save people taken by Vecna with playing their favorite music and thats what saved 001´s father earlier. But in he last flashback it just seems like 001 just didn´t manage to kill him because he got exhausted or something? But then he said that he planned all along his father getting arrested for the murders so he didn´t want to kill him anyway? I got confused at this part.

Also, when exactly is the whole Eleven plot taking place? Never knew which time we were in.

rpitchfo

Some pretty big inconsistencies but I can overlook them due to how well they knitted everything together. Russian story line missed the mark but enjoyed everything else.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I doubt they kill any of the main characters at this point.

One thing I didnt quite get: It is revealed that you can save people taken by Vecna with playing their favorite music and thats what saved 001´s father earlier. But in he last flashback it just seems like 001 just didn´t manage to kill him because he got exhausted or something? But then he said that he planned all along his father getting arrested for the murders so he didn´t want to kill him anyway? I got confused at this part.

Also, when exactly is the whole Eleven plot taking place? Never knew which time we were in.
Yeah the father thing was a bit weird. My guess is that Nancy, while being lost in the weird Vecna lair where the house is floating around in pieces, will have a glimpse into the past and see that moment. She will remember the song the father/now old man was singing in the asylum/prison and she will sing it, thus the whole "I heard the voice of an angel that saved me" bit.

Amir

I believe everything involving the other kids and 001 was 1979, and the rest (being in that 'bath', anything involving Paul Reiser basically) was the 'present'

Dan_F

I’d need to rewatch the first few seasons, but I don’t remember the writing being so bad. Every time there’s dialogue I’m watching it with my hands over my eyes because it’s so cringy. I’m assuming it was the same, but easier to overlook as they were kids and it was kinda goofy.

padzilla

Hipster
This season has been a bloody awful mess. What's with the movie length episodes as well?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Just watched it all. Never been a massive fan of stranger things, thought it was overhyped and a little boring, but I think this season has been brilliant.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I like the posts that say none of the seasons were any good. Maybe dont watch it then :lol:

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
It begs the question why the feck are you still watching the 4th season if you didn't like the first 3? Some strange tv show masochism?
I didn't particularly like the first two seasons, didn't find them gripping. Didn't watch the third season at all, ive watched the 4th thus far and enjoyed it immensely. Don't see the problem with that?

AaronRedDevil

This season was bloody brilliant. They really upped the horror now that the kids are grown up.

Ainu

Finished episode 4 yesterday and I have to say that final sequence was incredible. I wasn't really vibing with the season so far, not really sure why. I just didn't like the bullying stuff, nor the basketball team douchebags storyline.

But that sequence, man. Maybe I'm just getting old and soft, but I actually had tears in my eyes at the end of it. And I didn't even really care about Max until that point. :lol: The buildup to it, the execution, the music, they played an absolute blinder here. This gives me renewed hope for the remaining episodes, even if I doubt they can bring anything to match that. It has to be the greatest scene in the entire show.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Finished episode 4 yesterday and I have to say that final sequence was incredible. I wasn't really vibing with the season so far, not really sure why. I just didn't like the bullying stuff, nor the basketball team douchebags storyline.

But that sequence, man. Maybe I'm just getting old and soft, but I actually had tears in my eyes at the end of it. And I didn't even really care about Max until that point. :lol: The buildup to it, the execution, the music, they played an absolute blinder here. This gives me renewed hope for the remaining episodes, even if I doubt they can bring anything to match that. It has to be the greatest scene in the entire show.
Agree on the sequence. Proper tv gold.

Lay

I enjoyed it, probably the best since the first. I have a few gripes but its nothing major. I am finding it difficult to like any of the characters enough. They're all passable.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Finished part 1. For me, the best since the first season.

Definitely looks like Steve isn't long for this world. Saw the 001 reveal coming but thought it was really well done and Bower did a great job - he'd probably make a decent Willy Wonka too.

The Jonathan/Will/Mike trifecta feel a bit irrelevant compared to the other groups this season. Again, there's a feeling that they're building Will up to be something more - possibly going to turn out he's got immense power like 001 and Eleven but I think he's the weakest actor in the cast so not sure he can pull that kind of role off.

As a side note, who the hell is in the main picture here:

It sure as hell isn't Noah Schnapp

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Finished it. Thought it was great. Still, I’d have happily done without the entire Russia plot line just to make the episodes a bit shorter. So pointless.

also can we please have a Steve and Dustin spin-off?

lsd

The Oracle
I enjoyed it, probably the best since the first. I have a few gripes but its nothing major. I am finding it difficult to like any of the characters enough. They're all passable.

I like the show but there are so many unlikable characters there.

Johnathan and Nancy in particular just drain the life from me when they are on-screen. There is just nothing you can do with them that would make them any less boring.

Lay

Johnathan and Nancy in particular just drain the life from me when they are on-screen. There is just nothing you can do with them that would make them any l
I prefer Nancy this time round. But yeah, there's not many great characters.

I also agree with @Massive Spanner - I would fast forwarded those bits if I had to rewatch the series

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Finished part 1. For me, the best since the first season.

Definitely looks like Steve isn't long for this world. Saw the 001 reveal coming but thought it was really well done and Bower did a great job - he'd probably make a decent Willy Wonka too.

The Jonathan/Will/Mike trifecta feel a bit irrelevant compared to the other groups this season. Again, there's a feeling that they're building Will up to be something more - possibly going to turn out he's got immense power like 001 and Eleven but I think he's the weakest actor in the cast so not sure he can pull that kind of role off.

As a side note, who the hell is in the main picture here:

It sure as hell isn't Noah Schnapp
I didn't see that 001 twist coming at all. Just assumed he was a random demon from the upside down cus it looks like a place that has random demons :lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Ah yes, nobody noticing the light flickering in the room, well apart from the lass who isn't really part of the story, even when she mentions about lights the don't realise till she points it out to them :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Reached Ep 5. Been great fun so far.

Stanger Things season 1 was undoubtedly several levels ahead of what has followed as it was genuinely excellent in all aspects. Having said that, for what this show now is, which is balls out entertainment, I think it's probably the best around. It's like blockbuster entertainment done right (which mainstream films don't do well these days like the Marvel rubbish)

And thus far this season has been better than the last two at least. Maybe the best since 1. Let's see how it ends.

lsd

The Oracle
It is making me think of of the last season of Game of Thrones which is never good.
The episodes are overlong and too many plotlines that we could do without ie 11 losing her powers and being bullied. We know she will get them back it just seems pointless and only showcases that Millie is not a good actress.
The new comedy relief guy cynically put in beside Johnathon to try and make him less boring. It's just to obvious and his character has no other point other than that.
Dustin,Max and Lucas are still good and along with Steve and Robin are carrying the show for the younger characters
Hopper will no doubt be in Russia most of the season which like 11 without her powers seems pointless as again we know the outcome and could do without sitting through it as long as we will have too. It's certainly not as good as the previous seasons

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
It’s been excellent.

- Argyle is such an annoying character. Can’t wait for him to be killed off.
- The group in California (Mike, Will, Jonathan, Argyle) do feel quite redundant this season, but it’s a nice interlude to see Suzie.
- Will is obviously gay and in love with Mike.
- I’m enjoying Murray this season - excellent comic relief and an actor on top of his game and he bounces off Joyce so well, a nice duo.
- Nice seeing Hopper slim down a bit and the Ja’qen Hagar actor from GoT is top notch.
- Eleven’s storyline (in a tank being replayed memories) has been unnecessarily stretched out. Kinda over it and want it to be moved on.
- The 001/Vecna reveal was quality though.
- However, after Eleven removes the chip from 001’s neck, why does he bother running when he’s chased by guards? He could have just annihilated them in that bunker room. I suppose it’s more dramatic this way.
- Also does this mean Eleven is way more powerful than 001 considering she sent him packing within seconds?
- Robin is quite irritating this season. She was obviously the breakout character from last season (and was quality) but the writers have over indulged that where she comes across as annoying (similar sort of thing with Erica).
- Also I’m a bit fed up of the whole Nancy - Steve - Jonothan triangle now. It’s not interesting.
- The rest of the gang have all been great, Max has really carried the first half of this volume, and Eddie and Jason have been great additions.
- This season is a lot darker, and it’s worked well. Undoubtedly more classic horror elements, and some great homages to Amityville, & Stephen King works.
- The plot and writing generally has been a lot better although it does fall into that trap of filling a reflective moment with a quip when something understated is better (ie Marvelisation).
- Overall, can’t wait for the final two episodes.

Love the season so far but one thing I have to question.

In the first season I recall Eleven not being able to speak and understand human interaction / emotion very well, if at all, but in the NINA flashbacks she seems to speak well and understand emotion and such. Am I remembering wrong?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Love the season so far but one thing I have to question.

In the first season I recall Eleven not being able to speak and understand human interaction / emotion very well, if at all, but in the NINA flashbacks she seems to speak well and understand emotion and such. Am I remembering wrong?
Just rewatched season 1. She speaks fairly normal for a kid, albeit a bit timid, while in the lab with Brenner. Only when she flees the lab she stops speaking. You don't really see her interact with other kids in the lab in S1.

Just rewatched season 1. She speaks fairly normal for a kid, albeit a bit timid, while in the lab with Brenner. Only when she flees the lab she stops speaking. You don't really see her interact with other kids in the lab in S1.
I see, thanks for clearing it up - was thinking rewatching some of it myself to see if I remembered wrong.

Suv666

Netflix has dropped something good after so fecking long.
Great season, up there with the first

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Half way through episode 7 and looking forward to episodes 8 and 9 in June. Really enjoying it.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

agree. Song stuck in my head for days, the hit with her running towards freedom.. the actress really carried it off. Never liked Billy he was a gobshite

phelans shorts

absolutely agree. Probably the best scene this show has had throughout the life of it, and definitely up there amongst the very best I’ve seen this year/in recent years, absolutely had me on the edge of my seat and feeling relieved when she made it.

The bullying I didn’t mind as it was clearly just leading to Eleven snapping, the classic break them down to build them up stronger technique, bit of a trope but it does still work. The basketball team stuff has just been so annoying, there has to be some payoff where they join with Eddie and everybody else to fight against Vecna or it’s been a total waste of time.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
absolutely agree. Probably the best scene this show has had throughout the life of it, and definitely up there amongst the very best I’ve seen this year/in recent years, absolutely had me on the edge of my seat and feeling relieved when she made it.

The bullying I didn’t mind as it was clearly just leading to Eleven snapping, the classic break them down to build them up stronger technique, bit of a trope but it does still work. The basketball team stuff has just been so annoying, there has to be some payoff where they join with Eddie and everybody else to fight against Vecna or it’s been a total waste of time.
I assume they needed some dispensable people to up the body count in the inevitably gory conclusion