Television Stranger Things (Netflix Original) | CONTAINS SPOILERS

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Good first episode, this season is already giving off some very creepy vibes.

AltiUn

That bitch had it coming.

Godfather

Does this gather pace? Almost through E1 of season 4 and I can't keep concentrating on it it's that boring. Characters are pretty annoying too. Can't recall if this was the same in the first three seasons too.

Edit: Got better.

Last edited:

Big Andy

Bloke
Does this gather pace? Almost through E1 of season 4 and I can't keep concentrating on it it's that boring. Characters are pretty annoying too. Can't recall if this was the same in the first three seasons too.

Jeez man, have a bit of patience:lol: they have to set up the new characters and shit in episode 1

Big Andy

Bloke
Just starting episode 7, not done bad today. All 7 episodes of this, and both Obi-Wan episodes :lol:

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
1 ep in. Loving the 80s horror vibe. Nightmare on elm St meets evil dead.

Big Andy

Bloke
Finished Vol.1, its brilliant. Would've normally stretched it out but I go away tomorrow and didnt want it spoiled.

Roll on 1st July.

AltiUn

Hey @Damien for some reason all my options to type are greyed out, so I can’t use spoiler tags and things like that?

AltiUn

Do you actually think so? I thought episode 1-3 was fairly action packed and kept my attention the entire time!

AltiUn

Ah shit, I’m not afraid to admit it but I was actually doubting Lucas’s resolve for a few minutes. I was wrong, Lucas you’re a top guy!

Woodzy

Only on episode 2 but for some reason Will is cracking me up. The guy looks like he’s aged about 10 years.

Big Andy

Bloke
Only on episode 2 but for some reason Will is cracking me up. The guy looks like he’s aged about 10 years.
will is the weakest character again this year, the writers have no use for him now and no idea what to do with him so he’s just kind of, there. His entire arc this season will be that painting he did. Don’t like what they’ve done to Jonathan either, they’ve turned him from a monster fighting bad ass to a stoner guy

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Around halfway through and it is far better than I expected it to be. The longer episodes really help it and I'm hooked again.

Woodzy

That was pretty tense at the end but am I the only one that thinks they should have gone full Game of Thrones and killed her off?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Yesterday the launch of ST was being advertised by covering the Wawel Castle in Cracow, Poland, pretty cool looking
Saw that when I was driving by, looked really impressive. They have a huge poster advertising Stranger Things and Netflix on a deserted hotel on the other side of the river too.

Guy Incognito

OK that was decent. Roll on part 2.

I think Nancy will survive but Steve may die in the process. He will either sacrifice himself or die from those bat wounds.

Vecna reveal was brilliant. Why has he started killing now though, does he know that El has lost her powers?

lsd

The Oracle
This worth it if I haven’t started it at all?

Jumping in now on season 4? I wouldn't imagine so I got lost by pressing skip recap and I had watched them all

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The final 45 mins of episode 7 was by far the best part of the season so far, otherwise I've found it very familiar/boring.

The 001/Vecna reveal was really well done.

evil_geko

Best Season since Season 1, brilliant horror ramp up with Nightmare on Elm Street and Hellraiser feel to it.

AltiUn

Best Season since Season 1, brilliant horror ramp up with Nightmare on Elm Street and Hellraiser feel to it.
Quite easily, you can tell they've poured everything into this season. The pacing has been really good which I feel is always a worry in later seasons of a show.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
It felt for me as typical Stranger Things season tbh. Steady build up with some 80s cheese at beginning evolving into almost Kronenberg like gorefest.

Tom Wlaschiha is a superb addition. The chap who plays Eddie was also spot on as a metalhead, makes a bit for lack of Billy.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Not interested in carrying on with this. Can't even remember what happened in S3.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Finished it yesterday.

All in all I thought it was solid enough. But I cared more about the hooper, Joyce and Murray story line than I did the kids. In saying that, the additions to the kids this time around was pretty good. Joesph Quinns character of Eddie Munson could have been just another "John Bender" stereotype, but I think they actually have done a really good job showing off the layers to the character. Maya Hawke once again did a good job as well, and played off others really well. Of the returning kids, I only really gave a crap about Max, Dustin and Steve. The rest, including Eleven, I was bored with. And once that annoying little sister turned up it was all I could do not to shout "shut the feck up" at the screen the whole time. I think this goes towards what Ive always felt about this show, it would have been better served being an anthology show. keep the 80s setting and move the horror genres around with new characters each season.

Ive never been a huge fan of Jamie Campbell Bower. He was never awful, but never stood out in any way. Just seemed like there was someone behind the scenes always trying to make him happen. But here, I thought he was pretty good. Sufficiently creepy, while seemingly friendly. And then played the villain role quite well. If thats him under all the make up effects as well, then he's even better than Im giving him credit for.

All in all a vast improvement over season 3 that seemed to rely to much on its setting. The longer episode run time helps the show in parts, but hinders it in others. Some times it feels like characters and plot lines are getting more fleshed out other times it feels like plodding filler guff. 2 More movie length episodes to go. Should hopefully be a good conclusion. Hurry up, July.

led_scholes

Wild guess for the finale;

Eleven becomes a guardian-like/goddess in the upside-down, so noone can pass again.

Regarding this season;

I dont like what they are doing with Steve and Nancy.

I also find weird that Vecna lost to Eleven and how he ended in the upside down. It doesnt make sense for two reasons; a) 11 at the first season had troubles beating one demogorgon, how that guy survived in the Upside-down if he was weaker than Eleven (i know a powerless Will survived a few days, but Vecna stayed there for 3 years)? b) he seems to want to leave the upside-down, but how did he miss the million gates? I would find it more logical if their battle had created a gate, and then he opted to go there by his own will, believing that he can find more power and freedom.

Overall, I think I have enjoyed this season more than the previous one. Still, nothing can beat Season 1.

Ekeke

Agree. Most very good, and 1 episode
(Episode 4 - Dear Billy)
was absolutely great. And honestly
if they decided to kill Max off in that episode that would have been a great moment and emotional death too. But tbh she has carried the plot while Eleven is away getting her powers back and the villain Vecna is partly her villain as well as being revealed as Eleven's eventual villain so it makes some sense to save her and keep her for the finale battle.

I do think the cast bloat is kinda ridiculous though and for a horror show they are really lacking in permanent death of main characters. So while I can see why they spared Max, I'd personally cleave 3 or 4 kills to the bloated cast as soon as possible. They keep adding characters and adding more depth to characters who seemed temporary at the start and they dont remove characters. Becomes a problem

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Did I miss something regarding Brenner? Didn't we see a demogorgon go at him full force, how the hell is he alive? No one really acted very surprised in the show, so has this been explained in previous seasons and I somehow missed it?