Television Stranger Things (Netflix Original) | CONTAINS SPOILERS

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Did I miss something regarding Brenner? Didn't we see a demogorgon go at him full force, how the hell is he alive? No one really acted very surprised in the show, so has this been explained in previous seasons and I somehow missed it?
Just rewatched the scene you're on about, I'd completely forgotten about it, makes 0 sense :lol: bit of a plot hole.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The show is all over the place tbh, just jumps about and makes new rules up as it goes. Sick of the 7 billion different characters I am supposed to keep up with too.

Visually it's great, and the nostalgia factor rules. I'll keep going but I probably need to sit and binge it instead of one ep at a time, and I mean binge season 1 onwards.

Woodzy

Did I miss something regarding Brenner? Didn't we see a demogorgon go at him full force, how the hell is he alive? No one really acted very surprised in the show, so has this been explained in previous seasons and I somehow missed it?
He had a small scar on his face which was quite amusing since he would have been seemingly torn apart. I’m sure it’s something they will explain in the remaining two episodes along with his real intentions, probably as some sort of plot twist again towards the end. Let’s not forget there will be a season 5 so wouldn’t be surprised if he plays a more villainous role again there.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They need to cut out the stupid unrealistic lazy writing scenes. But the intrigue, nostalgia, chemistry and characters keep me hooked.

I know there was a complaint about new characters but I love every new comer they've brought in.

Dante

Average bang
I'm only on episode 3 at the moment. But I have to say, I think this is shaping up to be the best season yet.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
Only the finale let to go.

Definitely the best season since Season 1.

Some "main" characters seem to have become pretty useless this season and could do with being killed off. Doubt it'll happen though.

MarylandMUFan

I have enjoyed this much more than seasons 2 and 3. I think it's better to have a more simple plot line to bring things together. I do find myself forgetting about story lines until they go over to it (which makes me think that the story they are telling at the time has be engaged really well).

onemanarmy

Only the finale let to go.

Definitely the best season since Season 1.

Some "main" characters seem to have become pretty useless this season and could do with being killed off. Doubt it'll happen though.
The finale so far. Few more episodes in July in case you don't know.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
They need to kill Mike and Will. And Jonathan. And the other stoner. And Nancy. And the Sinclair sister.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
They need to kill Mike and Will. And Jonathan. And the other stoner. And Nancy. And the Sinclair sister.
Isn't Will basically dead at this point? He had zero impact in the story so far.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I have enjoyed this much more than seasons 2 and 3. I think it's better to have a more simple plot line to bring things together. I do find myself forgetting about story lines until they go over to it (which makes me think that the story they are telling at the time has be engaged really well).
I loved season 3 so much. This one I think had a lot more lazy writing in the middle but the recovery for the finale was very good.

Gandalf

Love the new season so far but I am very interested in how the 2 episodes dropping in July will play out as they have already gone pretty big in the 7 we have seen so far with the last being easily the most ambitious thing they have done. Going to be tough to deliver on all the expectation.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Love the new season so far but I am very interested in how the 2 episodes dropping in July will play out as they have already gone pretty big in the 7 we have seen so far with the last being easily the most ambitious thing they have done. Going to be tough to deliver on all the expectation.
They've still got the big bad to reintroduce - maybe last episode in July then set up the final arc for S5. I've loved it the longer episodes allow so much more story. Plus 11's interactions have been minimal with the others since the skating rink so there is a lot to build back up there too. I was disappointed with the Russian part overall. Some was amusing but not really needed.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
so, the upside down is depression? The people dying in the upside down are committing suicide in real life? feck knows about everything else mind :lol:

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Loved it. Best season since the first. Also loving karate Murray.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Not interested in carrying on with this. Can't even remember what happened in S3.
I wasn’t looking forward to it either and it’s shocked me how good it is.

They’ve changed tack to much more direct horror influences, and it works. The show is genuinely scary throughout, and there’s a real sense of dread that I don’t remember from the last couple of seasons.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Episode 4 was genuinely good, have to say.

The Eleven path is super predictable, however. I guessed it with the first scene of the season, and I suck at these things.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
They knocked this shit out the park as far as I'm concerned. Great season.
Sure there are some minor things that don't make a lot of sense, the writing isn't Oscar worthy, but feck me if it's not great entertainment with characters that I like.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
I struggled through S2 and S3 with this but glad I stuck with it, S4 is very good.

Just reading on up the page here, I thought this was ending with S4, didnt know there was a S5 as well. Thats good.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Sure there are some minor things that don't make a lot of sense, the writing isn't Oscar worthy, but feck me if it's not great entertainment with characters that I like.
I think this is it really. I don't really care about any of the show's arc to be honest. It is just a fun hangout show to watch for characters (most of them) you like.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I've just finished episode 6 of the new season. It's decent fun, but in reality pretty poor.

reelworld

questions to those who have finished part 1
1. How did 001 survived Upside Down for 30 years when Will was barely alive after being exposed in 7 days?
2. Why can't Jonathan, Will and Mike just called Dustin and ask her to contact Suzie to help them with the phone number?
[/spoiler\]

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
A few questions:

Why is Vecna killing people? Cause he can, or is there some sort of benefit to him? And why did he only start up now? Why wasn't he an issue in previous seasons?

And what's the doctor's goal with 11? To make her strong again so she can close the underworld?

How did no one notice the big gaping hole in the roof of Eddie's caravan? At the scene of the death/assumed murder of a girl, a big hole opens up in the ceiling, yet no one notices it?

And lastly, why did they draw out the Vecna == 001 reveal so much? I laughed when they zoomed in at the 001 tattoo on his arm, as if they hadn't made it 100% clear in the previous 10 minutes. Do they think we're thick?

As the one male gay character I doubt they'd off him.
Wait what?

padr81

Supports
Man City
A few questions:

Why is Vecna killing people? Cause he can, or is there some sort of benefit to him? And why did he only start up now? Why wasn't he an issue in previous seasons?

And what's the doctor's goal with 11? To make her strong again so she can close the underworld?

How did no one notice the big gaping hole in the roof of Eddie's caravan? At the scene of the death/assumed murder of a girl, a big hole opens up in the ceiling, yet no one notices it?

And lastly, why did they draw out the Vecna == 001 reveal so much? I laughed when they zoomed in at the 001 tattoo on his arm, as if they hadn't made it 100% clear in the previous 10 minutes. Do they think we're thick?

Wait what?
Dustin hinted at him being a "General" of the Mind Flayer so its very likely he's been kept back while it had other options.
I'm pretty sure Brenner goal is to have her beat 001 once and for all, close the gate and to have his own little personal army.
Plot hole, one of those things you aren't supposed to notice maybe they take awhile to appear, there was none of the road after Vecna killed the bully either.
That bit on the tattoo was a bit silly

Last edited:

padr81

Supports
Man City
1. How did 001 survived Upside Down for 30 years when Will was barely alive after being exposed in 7 days?
2. Why can't Jonathan, Will and Mike just called Dustin and ask her to contact Suzie to help them with the phone number?
[/spoiler\]
You should really watch it to the end but..
Vecna wasn't in the upside down for 30 years, he was in the lab, he only got sent to the upside down right before series 1 and he immediatley became Vecna.
No mobile/cell phones, running from the cops. They needed to put them somewhere because their part in the plot was tiny.

Gambit

There was a orderly or something in season 2 when 11 went all goth and joined 8 's(Kali) gang. 8 had targeted and went to kill him with 11, when he claimed that Dr Brenner was still alive. I know it doesn't answer how he survived but it was teased already.

Gambit

[/spoiler\]
1. Will didn't have 001's powers. even though he was a mess he still would have had his powers which would have made easy work of most of the creatures in the Upside Down.
2. Because then it wouldn't have given them something to do, and Dustin has kind of been busy with enough to do. Give the poor gummy bastard a break

Minkaro

Finished season 4 (part one) today. I’ll stick my thoughts in a spoiler.

I’ve enjoyed it, and haven’t really felt it’s dragged much at all. The only bits I’d have liked to hurry it up a bit were the Eleven flashbacks, but obviously they’re the ones where the major reveal happens.

I like Eddie and Enzo, but Argyle I actively dislike. I find him so annoying, I’m actually hoping we see a demogorgon wander past the group with his hair hanging out of its mouth and that’s the last we hear of him. I think Murray is far better as comic relief.

Loved seeing Robert Englund. Especially after me saying “this is some Freddy Krueger shit,” to my brother after seeing Vecna invading people’s minds. It’s funny how One (who seemed to be trying to impersonate Michael Jackson) turned into the menacingly voiced Vecna though.

I’ve a feeling the group will have to try and save Nancy by singing her favourite song, rather than playing it through Max’s headphones, in a callback to the Neverending Story scene of Season 3.

Withnail

Netflix is fecked on the Skybox in my bedroom. It refuses to play anything. I thought it would sort itself out but it's been like this for days so I've resorted to firing up UTorrent like it's 2007.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Finished season 4 (part one) today. I’ll stick my thoughts in a spoiler.

I’ve enjoyed it, and haven’t really felt it’s dragged much at all. The only bits I’d have liked to hurry it up a bit were the Eleven flashbacks, but obviously they’re the ones where the major reveal happens.

I like Eddie and Enzo, but Argyle I actively dislike. I find him so annoying, I’m actually hoping we see a demogorgon wander past the group with his hair hanging out of its mouth and that’s the last we hear of him. I think Murray is far better as comic relief.

Loved seeing Robert Englund. Especially after me saying “this is some Freddy Krueger shit,” to my brother after seeing Vecna invading people’s minds. It’s funny how One (who seemed to be trying to impersonate Michael Jackson) turned into the menacingly voiced Vecna though.

I’ve a feeling the group will have to try and save Nancy by singing her favourite song, rather than playing it through Max’s headphones, in a callback to the Neverending Story scene of Season 3.
Seems to me that theyre' setting up Steve to make a sacrifice for Nancy. Possibly transform because of the bites and play a pivotal part in defeating Vecna before dying.