Straylan and Kiwi politics

WPMUFC

I didn't but I usually end up ranting at the TVany time any of these analyses fistulars speaks. They don't even bother to hide their corruption. And the last sap.who took the fall for #scottyfrommarketing's corruption is already back anway. They are a moral free zone.

Also, Birmingham's defence of the AG report to Speers was: The people elected a liberal government, their elected members lobbied for the funding, so whats the problem?
Not one push back from Speers.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Also, Birmingham's defence of the AG report to Speers was: The people elected a liberal government, their elected members lobbied for the funding, so whats the problem?
Not one push back from Speers.
That is pathetic - so easy to make him squirm.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Qld have eliminate Delta and only have a couple of cases of Alpha left. But have been told they won't get any more Pfizer until October which if true is terrible news if not totally unexpected. Useless feckers ordered no Moderna and only 10 million doses of Pfizer a year ago. It wasn't until this year that they bothered ordering more and finally some Moderna.

Vic and WA have no new cases.

NSW had a good day yesterday but less so today with 35 news cases although 24 of those were isolating for their whole infectious period. I suspect we need a serious downward trend if lockdown is to be relaxed on Friday.

And the travel cap has been halved as all these escapes have been from quarantine and the like. Yet again #scottyfrommarketing's incompetence has bitten us in the arse. He still refuses to take charge of quarantine. He should have done so 12 months ago and done it properly in custom facilities and not forced the states to continue using unsuitable city centre hotels. Thanks a bunch you useless twat.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...flights-to-australia-after-arrival-cap-halved

One of the shops local to me seems unimpressed with #scottyfrommarketing.

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Qld only 1 case of community transmission and NSW down to 18 new cases. Eleven of those cases were people that were completely in isolation, five of those cases were people that were partially in isolation but two people were infectious in the community. Hopefully a sign that the lockdown is working. This will need to become more of a downward trend for them to lift restriction on Friday I'd say.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I wonder if Dave Sharma MP will talk about his shareholdings, or that the Future Fund has heavily invested in CSL or that EX LNP staffers are on the board of CSL.
No. Don't be silly. We re-elected them so that is carte blanch permission for all of them to do what they want, when they want and anyone who asks anything is un-Australian or something. And if Labor had been in power they would have done things too.

It is gibberish but what are the odds this shower of shit will be elected again?

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
No. Don't be silly. We re-elected them so that is carte blanch permission for all of them to do what they want, when they want and anyone who asks anything is un-Australian or something. And if Labor had been in power they would have done things too.

It is gibberish but what are the odds this shower of shit will be elected again?
Too high then what it should be, Have seen some press go against scotty over last week though.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Too high then what it should be, Have seen some press go against scotty over last week though.
Fingers crossed. I can't wait to get rid of these utter feckwits. I'd like to see a Labor Greens coalition to give Labor the excuse to do some of the things they know they should do but aren't brave enough to commit to.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
27 cases with only 13 isolating with numbers expected to rise tomorrow so NSW has extended the lockdown for a week and possibly even foreshadowed harsher restriction for a few local council areas. School return in Monday but will be online only in greater metro Sydney - probably a good idea given how kids/schools seem to have been disproportionality affected by Delta. I suspect that what isn't being said is that the areas in question where transmission seems most common are areas that have proportionately larger numbers of people from ethnic groups that have been poorer at complying with distancing and congregation regulations and have now had far higher rates of transmission than elsewhere. This could end badly :(

NSW have also fecked up and immunised whole private schools with Pfizer who asked for their year 12's to get the vaccine out of turn on the basis that they had the odd aboriginal student. Somehow whole schools ended up vaccinated ahead of front line health staff- not a good look at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...08d660ba38c3a8#block-60e508188f08d660ba38c3a8

RK

I'm resigning myself to the possibility that we don't get it under control again here, control in the sense that life can be close to normal / low restrictions.
Quite pessimistic about the next 6 months, we're on a knife-edge in NSW. Even if other states can keep on top of their international leaks, I doubt they could keep on top of interstate leaks for long.

RK

NSW have also fecked up and immunised whole private schools with Pfizer who asked for their year 12's to get the vaccine out of turn on the basis that they had the odd aboriginal student. Somehow whole schools ended up vaccinated ahead of front line health staff- not a good look at all.
So what? It's happened. Move on.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I'm resigning myself to the possibility that we don't get it under control again here, control in the sense that life can be close to normal / low restrictions.
Quite pessimistic about the next 6 months, we're on a knife-edge in NSW. Even if other states can keep on top of their international leaks, I doubt they could keep on top of interstate leaks for long.
I hope you are wrong but I also think today's numbers might be bad and some LCAs will be locked down even harder.

Last edited:

foolsgold

Think that you're probably right, once it hits a certain critical mass it's hard to contain. How are people in NSW feeling, over it or still willing to fight it?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
NSW sending an extra 100 police into the problematic LCAs in SW Sydney including mounted police (cops on horses, not sexually assaulted by Liberal staffers).

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
In case the full background isn't in the video Barilaro (Deputy NSW Premier) who was already suing comedian Jordan Shanks for defamation relating You Tube videos to complained to police after Shanks turned up to an event dress as a Mario Brother and his producer Kristo buttonholed him after a funeral - in all cases trying to ask why they were being sued. The police Fixated Person's Unit, who were set up to tackle lone actor extremists (and not comedians in fancy dress), have bizarrely arrested Kristo on stalking charges. A massive abuse of power IMO.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ucer-charged-allegedly-stalking-john-barilaro
Defence based on truth. This could be fun.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...inst-john-barilaro?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Think that you're probably right, once it hits a certain critical mass it's hard to contain. How are people in NSW feeling, over it or still willing to fight it?
Sydney seems like they dont want to fight it.

Doing the same mistakes as Victoria last year.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Sydney seems like they dont want to fight it.

Doing the same mistakes as Victoria last year.
I'm in the inner West and universal mask wearing and social distancing is the norm, possibly better than the first national lockdown, and shops are very quiet as are the roads. However, not all parts of Sydney are the same.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
I'm in the inner West and universal mask wearing and social distancing is the norm, possibly better than the first national lockdown, and shops are very quiet as are the roads. However, not all parts of Sydney are the same.
I can imagine Bondi would be very loose with wearing masks.

WPMUFC

What I don't get about the NSW right wing pushing "let's just let it run" is that you're essentially trading localised lockdowns for border ones. If NSW just gives up, every state border will ban NSW people crossing. So you're further fecking the economy AND you're going to see daily death tolls come back.

Do they even care about their electoral chances or is just some hyper-peacocking fever dream for Sky News pundits?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
What I don't get about the NSW right wing pushing "let's just let it run" is that you're essentially trading localised lockdowns for border ones. If NSW just gives up, every state border will ban NSW people crossing. So you're further fecking the economy AND you're going to see daily death tolls come back.

Do they even care about their electoral chances or is just some hyper-peacocking fever dream for Sky News pundits?
It is because they are clueless cnuts who couldn't think their way out of a wet paper bag but get hard at the prospect of pleasing Rupert or his evil minions.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
It is because they are clueless cnuts who couldn't think their way out of a wet paper bag but get hard at the prospect of pleasing Rupert or his evil minions.
The LNP are good for stealing money and hading it to their mates and donors but when it comes to governing that shit is actually hard to do

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
NSW has 44 cases of community transmission with 29 of those either partially or fully in the community when infectious. Contact tracing stretched beyond capacity now with 14,000 close contact to try to trace.

New harsher lockdown for greater Sydney and surrounding areas.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
What’s the vaccination rate in Australia?
8.5% fully vaccinated
17.6% one dose

We are running out of people to vaccinate with AZ of which we have lots and we have a restricted Pfizer supply although it will speed up towards the end of the year and Moderna will also start arriving in late 2021 (as we stupidly didn't order any until recently).

Last edited:

RK

8.5% fully vaccinated
17.6% one dose

We are running out of people to vaccinate with AZ of which we have lots and we have a restricted Pfizer supply although it will speed up towards the end of the year and Moderna will also start arriving in late 2021 (as we stupidly didn't order any until recently).
I lost patience today, phoned up a local medical centre and had the AZ jab within 3 hours (thanks to a cancellation but probably only saved me a few days).
I know it's not yet recommended for my age group (30s) but I'm happy with the risk profile and all things considered I think it's the right move. Long 12 weeks till my next jab but I still expect that to be ahead of my 2nd dose mRNA eligibility. If not, at least I'll have some antibodies soon (although less useful against Delta..?)
But maybe I got it because there's nothing else I can do at the moment except curse that evil cnut Scomo and his premier sidekick.

Last edited:

Kristjan

Retired Dictator
8.5% fully vaccinated
17.6% one dose

Awful statistic that for Australia, 8,5%
We're over 80% fully vaccinated (16 years and older) here on Cod island by now, but then we have also used all the AZ we have received. Just received my 2nd AZ shot last week.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I lost patience today, phoned up a local medical centre and had the AZ jab within 3 hours (thanks to a cancellation but probably only saved me a few days).
I know it's not yet recommended for my age group (30s) but I'm happy with the risk profile and all things considered I think it's the right move. Long 12 weeks till my next jab but I still expect that to be ahead of my 2nd dose mRNA eligibility. If not, at least I'll have some antibodies soon.
But maybe I got it because there's nothing else I can do at the moment except curse that evil cnut Scomo and his premier sidekick.
Brilliant. I had the first AZ 8 weeks ago as I'm 57 and I got in before the advice changed to O60's. I get my second shot in 4 weeks time.

The bottom line isn't just individual risk which has been so badly communicated.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
8.5% fully vaccinated
17.6% one dose

Damn that's low! Have doses really been that hard to acquire for the government or is this all incompetence?

RK

Brilliant. I had the first AZ 8 weeks ago as I'm 57 and I got in before the advice changed to O60's. I get my second shot in 4 weeks time.

The bottom line isn't just individual risk which has been so badly communicated.
Great stuff. No side-effects so far but we'll see how I wake up in the next few days. How did you feel when they changed the advice?

Agree that the decision can't be looked at in isolation. Even for individuals I feel the current medical stance might be slightly lagging behind the seriousness of this outbreak.
Not that I support Scomo spontaneously taking it upon himself to play doctor.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Urgh. At least your caseload remains low. Imagine the combination of serious infection waves and this lack of vaccines...
There are however a few factors in NSW that haven't worked well enough this time around.

1) Delta is more infectious so has spread faster than the Northern Beaches outbreak.
2) NSW acted as if it wasn't Delta and didn't lock down hard enough or early enough partly because they were ideologically against lockdowns and presumably were also getting pressure from #scottyfrommarketing
3) compulsory vaccination for front line and other esssential workers hasn't occurred. An unvaccinated limo driver started this outbreak when he caught Delta from a fight crew he transported and then spread it all over the place.
4) what constitutes an essential service means anything can open with masks, distancing and QR code check ins to allow tracing apart from the food and drink sector that is take away only. This has resulted in 14000 close contacts from only a few hundred cases. 2000 alone from a single case at IKEA. We may have the best contact tracing in the world but I'm sure 14,000 cases is more than they can cope with.
5) location has a huge effect. This outbreak has reached SW Sydney where there is a far larger concentration of lower socio-economic groups and migrant ethnic groups. There is more vaccine reluctance and far more densly populated housing there. Compounded by very poor messaging targeted at these areas. Typically government tends to think everyone watches their press briefings and TV news so don't engage with local groups to get their messaging out there.

And all enabled by #scottyfrommarketing's total feck up of vaccine procurement and refusal to set up, or take responsibility for, dedicated quarantine sites. Hotels allowed Alpha to escape but Delta spreads in standard hotels far more easily.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...approach-to-covid?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Otherq

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

Not as bad as I feared although about half of those were not isolating. I'd also bet testing numbers was low in SW Sydney, so there are likely still quite a few undetected infections in the community.

Interstingly of those hospitalised 79% are unvaccinated and nobody who has had both shots has been hospitalised.