Stuart Holden (That lad that has blond hair and plays for Bolton)

wr8_utd

:'(
It was a completely needless challenge. Had it been some Liverpool player doing this to a United player you would all be screaming for his head. The red card was well deserved and Holdens injury goes to show how stupid a tackle it was.
Are you pete or Al in disguise?

MUFCgal

It was disgraceful. Two feet off the ground studs up. Unfortunate?, get real.
It wasn't two feet off the ground, he had one foot off the ground. It was just unfortunate the guy came off with an injury that's kept him out for 6 months. It was reckless, but in no way malicious.

wr8_utd

:'(
Really classy stuff from Coyle and Holden. He tweeted it definitely wasn't intentional but just an unfortunate part of the game. Imagine if it was Wenger and an Arsenal player?

Great stuff by Holden.

Ace

As a yank, I'm gutted for him and wish him a speedy recovery.

As a red, I know that Evans tackle was a result of aggressive play, not malicious play.

Devil may care

@stuholden: Just had a sincere phone call from Jonny Evans wishing me the best in my recovery, def wasn't intentional, just unfortunate part of the game."

alastair

ignorant
I think Holden's being like this because he knows it could equally have been Evans in that situation. They both went into the challenge in exactly the same way, so he'd be being a bit hypocritical if he were to slate Evans. This is no Shawcross/Ramsey incident.

Might end up being alright for Bolton this - yes, he's out of the FA Cup, but he's now guaranteed to stay for another season at least.

Laphroaig

Really classy stuff from Coyle and Holden. He tweeted it definitely wasn't intentional but just an unfortunate part of the game. Imagine if it was Wenger and an Arsenal player?

Great stuff by Holden.
Landon Donovan not as classy:
@stuholden watched it live, so bummed for you buddy. No place for a tackle like that in football...I hope he gets punished accordingly
Stuart Holden:
Just had a sincere phone call from Jonny Evans wishing me the best in my recovery, def wasn't intentional, just unfortunate part of the game

finneh

I think Holden's being like this because he knows it could equally have been Evans in that situation. They both went into the challenge in exactly the same way, so he'd be being a bit hypocritical if he were to slate Evans. This is no Shawcross/Ramsey incident.
Might end up being alright for Bolton this - yes, he's out of the FA Cup, but he's now guaranteed to stay for another season at least.
To be honest Shawcross didn't go out to hurt Ramsey either, although I'm not suggesting the tackles were of a similar nature. I do think both are just an unfortunate part of the game though.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Holden seems to be a good egg.

Good player too. In a strange way I thought Bolton losing him to injury had a bigger effect on them than the red card did on us. He'd been their best player up until that point, while we just took a risk and went for it.

Disagree that both players went in the same though. Holden pulled out and went in with his knee, while Evans launched in at the ball. Red card was the right call. Unlucky for Evans but careless too, and far more unlucky for Holden as it's turned out. Hopefully he'll do as he says and come back from it stronger.

Alex

Hows what Donovan said anyworse than the shit spewed in the Evans red card thread, it wasnt a red, it wasnt a yellow, it wasnt a fecking foul, end of.

towcester_red

Hows what Donovan said anyworse than the shit spewed in the Evans red card thread, it wasnt a red, it wasnt a yellow, it wasnt a fecking foul, end of.
No place for a tackle like that in football...I hope he gets punished accordingly
Id say thats a pretty stupid comment for Donovan to make, considering everyone has come out saying the tackle wasnt malicious.

People werent coming out with tweets like that after Carraghers tackle

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Of course it was a foul, it was innocent and not in the slightest malicious, but it was still a bloody foul.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
All I can say is, get well soon.

Evans got the ball, but in that situation, if he didn't go 100% who knows, Holden might have gotten the ball and we might have been 0-1 down...

Its football and a 50-50 challenge was bound to get someone injured.
Pretty sure Evans would have broke his leg in that case

It was disgraceful. Two feet off the ground studs up. Unfortunate?, get real.
Cant have been that far off the ground given that Holdens injured knee was on the ground

forevrared

Most of the Donovan stick probably has more to do with his following tweets where he made some sweeping generalizations about United fans who called him on his over the top tweet.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Has anyone seen him on Soccer AM this morning. I've never seen a more heavily strapped leg. :nervous:

K Stand Knut

Has anyone seen him on Soccer AM this morning. I've never seen a more heavily strapped leg. :nervous:
Yeah I saw that - looks nasty!!!

He was complimentary about Evans again. Well, maybe not complimentary but does not seem to blame him for it or hold a grudge about it.

Thought was decent of him to say in the circumstances

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Out for another 6 months with a knee problem.

Massive blow for Bolton.

prateik

I thought the new one was 6 weeks. just read its 6 months again.
Terrible. Hope he makes a full recovery this time

forevrared

Gutted for him. Not much else to say. He's one of my favorite players (for the US anyway) and seems like a genuinely good person to boot.

bsc

Have to say, he could have kicked up a massive stink about this right from the start. The way he's carried himself throughout it all has been fantastic.

Evans' tackle was terribly reckless. The way some of our lot reacted to the Cleverley tackle - probably myself included - is a bit shameful now when we look at poor Holden.

Feel absolutely gutted for the lad.

davisjw

It's his third massive injury. The man has been put through hell. Amazing he's at the level he's at. Still young enough to make a comeback.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
This guy must have the worst luck ever.

Torn his ACL.

Swaters16

Again?
I hate to say it but I think he should retire. It's not pleasant but he's had too many bad injuries. It's not worth it anymore.
Best of luck to him though. You've got to feel for someone who makes it that far and gets held back by injuries.