Stuart Holden (That lad that has blond hair and plays for Bolton)

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Ach that's a tough break for him. He's had a really good season.

Kaiketsu_Zorro

I'm so sorry for the lad. It was a disgraceful challenge by Evans, what on earth was he thinking? It could have destroyed Holden's career. Hope the lad will make a full comeback and will be back to his good form.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'm so sorry for the lad. It was a disgraceful challenge by Evans, what on earth was he thinking? It could have destroyed Holden's career. Hope the lad will make a full comeback and will be back to his good form.
You angling for a tabloid writing job? Was it bollocks 'disgraceful', it was fairly reckless but at the same time he didn't have much in the way of options and let's not forget that Holden went in every bit as hard.

Kaiketsu_Zorro

You angling for a tabloid writing job? Was it bollocks 'disgraceful', it was fairly reckless but at the same time he didn't have much in the way of options and let's not forget that Holden went in every bit as hard.
It was a completely needless challenge. Had it been some Liverpool player doing this to a United player you would all be screaming for his head. The red card was well deserved and Holdens injury goes to show how stupid a tackle it was.

towcester_red

It was a completely needless challenge. Had it been some Liverpool player doing this to a United player you would all be screaming for his head. The red card was well deserved and Holdens injury goes to show how stupid a tackle it was.
Both players went in fully committed. Yes the red card was warranted but it wasnt a bad tackle.

Carraghers tackle, with no red tinted glasses, was ten times worse than that.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Is that how it works? So Kirk Broadfoot was guilty of a horrific tackle on Valencia then was he, seeing as how the injury determines how stupid tackles are :houllier:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I've been meaning to start this thread since the Bolton v Stoke game but as he's scored today I thought it would be a good time to create it.

As some of you may know I get to a few Bolton games a season and that lad has really impressed me every time. Decent passer of the ball, great work rate, good tackler and a great engine. He's a very typical "box to box" midfield player.

I'm not suggesting we go and buy him or anything like that, just thought i'd get some other views on him particularly from the resident American posters who will have no doubt seen him a fair few times for the national side.
Saw him in preseaon vs. Toronto FC. He stood out, head and shoulders above the rest of his side. I was disappointed to see that he was 25.

Neutral

BTV
6 months...bad luck.

I guess a bit of good news is only a couple of months left in this season, and then the off season....so he'll be fit and ready to go next season, a month or so into it.

TheMancRedDevil

I still can't find any details of what the injury is, only that he requires surgery on it.

As already been said, "Six months out" is obviously not good but I'd say that if you're going to be out for six months then now is as good a time as any. Bolton do look to be a position where they're not going to get much higher in the table but are not going to get relegated.

Then we have the Summer break meaning he could miss the first month or so of the new season.

I'm not saying that any of this is "good" - it's just not as bad as it could have been had he picked up the injury in, say, September.

Neutral

BTV
Think the really unlucky thing was, Holden also had a 3 month lay off last season, because of an injury(De Jong broke his leg) so I can imagine him being a bit down at losing yet another season to injury, and a bad tackle.

forevrared

Dislocated or broken knee cap, perhaps?

Gutted as a US fan, he'd come on extremely well this season. I don't think it was a horrendous challenge. It was worthy of a red card, but both players were a bit reckless and although his studs were showing, Jonny got the ball and it looked to be his other boot that caught Holden's knee.

Credit to Owen Coyle and Mike Phelan though for both calling it how it was and not making it out to be anything it wasn't.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
It was disgraceful. Two feet off the ground studs up. Unfortunate?, get real.
He left the ground but was only leading with one foot. I didn't say anything about it not meriting a red but there's no way Evans intended to injure him.

Both players went for the ball full tilt so yes, unfortunate.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
It's hardly a ludicrous thing to say when both Coyle and Holden said it was 'unfortunate' too.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
I have to disagree with there. Two players commited to going for the ball and Holden came off worse. Wasnt intentional by Evans.

Get well soon Stuart!

Commadus

It was unfortunate - if Holden was not injured I doubt the ref would have given the red. All that matters now is that Holden has an uncomplicated recovery and Evans improves his fitness.

Neutral

BTV
One foot off the ground, his right foot was off the ground and studs up, his left leg was tucked in behind him.

This was not a two footed lunge. It was a bad tackle, made much worse by the injury.

Devil may care

A real shame for the lad, he's had a good season and may well have played in a cup final at the end of it, hope he recovers fully.