Stuart Holden (That lad that has blond hair and plays for Bolton)

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I think he recovered well after that injury from Evans, but he kept injurying his other body parts.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I think he recovered well after that injury from Evans, but he kept injurying his other body parts.
Nope. Evans smashed his knee cap to pieces and all the injuries are connected from what I know.

Carl

Yes, it really was a terrible lunge from Johnny.
It wasn't great but at the same time it's far from the worst I've seen. Holden was just very very unlucky. Massive shame too. He was a good player.

NinjaFletch

It wasn't great but at the same time it's far from the worst I've seen. Holden was just very very unlucky. Massive shame too. He was a good player.

In fairness, Holden went in just as badly on Evans. He just got their earlier, two horrific tackles and evidence for anyone that says that 'tackling has gone soft' why these sort of tackles aren't allowed.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Nope. Evans smashed his knee cap to pieces and all the injuries are connected from what I know.

Different knees I think. He's just torn his right ACL and it was his left knee that Jonny fecked up.

Edit: That might be wrong actually, I'm seeing conflicting things about the Evans one.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
definitely his right knee this time. he went in to an innocous looking challenge and next thing he's on the ground in pain.

Carl

In fairness, Holden went in just as badly on Evans. He just got their earlier, two horrific tackles and evidence for anyone that says that 'tackling has gone soft' why these sort of tackles aren't allowed.
That's not true. Holden went in very fairly.

Different knees I think. He's just torn his right ACL and it was his left knee that Jonny fecked up.

Edit: That might be wrong actually, I'm seeing conflicting things about the Evans one.
Nah you're right, it was his left that Evans hit. Wonder how they're suppose to be connected then because that's what I've heard.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Most reports don't mention which leg it was. Wiki says this (the source is Bolton News):

However, his season was cut short on 19 March after he suffered a knee injury against Manchester United at Old Trafford when going into a tackle with Jonny Evans. Evans' studs caught Holden in the right knee, leaving a gash that required twenty six stitches
But this picture shows that the gash at least was on the left leg:

Scrumpet

There are no words
That's not true. Holden went in very fairly.

Nah you're right, it was his left that Evans hit. Wonder how they're suppose to be connected then because that's what I've heard.

Maybe they're like twins, each knee can feel the other's pain.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
The first image on google shows they clearly went in roughly the same, a second either way and this could be a hate thread for Stuart Holden for ruining Evans' career.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Shit luck, mad how one move can ruin such a promising carear, who knows what could of happened had he just pulled out of the 50 50 with evans

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Coming back from an ACL reconstruction it would be common enough to get muscular injuries. He was holding the back of his knee/leg, so maybe he just tweaked his hamstring? One of the surgical techniques involves taking a tendon from the hamstring and using it as a new ligament. This leaves the hamstring weakened and prone to strains or tears. I had my own ACL repaired a year ago and I still have a problem with my left hammie occasionally cramping up during a game. Obviously, he'll have worked like crazy in the gym to regain strength in the affected leg but these things happen. Wouldn't write him off just yet. Not until we hear an update on exactly what sort of injury he picked up.

SiRed

Coming back from an ACL reconstruction it would be common enough to get muscular injuries. He was holding the back of his knee/leg, so maybe he just tweaked his hamstring? One of the surgical techniques involves taking a tendon from the hamstring and using it as a new ligament. This leaves the hamstring weakened and prone to strains or tears. I had my own ACL repaired a year ago and I still have a problem with my left hammie occasionally cramping up during a game. Obviously, he'll have worked like crazy in the gym to regain strength in the affected leg but these things happen. Wouldn't write him off just yet. Not until we hear an update on exactly what sort of injury he picked up.

Same here - i had the hamstring graft which aparently weekens the hamstring strength by 10-15%. I find over stretching before a game can lead to niggles.

I feel sorry for any player that endures any knee problems having been their myself.

Holden looked to have a decent premier league career ahead of him at one point, he may not have ever played for a top club but he was certainly above Bolton's level.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Do you get the cramps too? Went through a couple of months where I'd be awake once or twice a night with it. Fecking annoying.

Much better now but still cramp up if I'm really stretching for a ball. Watching Robben bring down the high ball to win the pen against Arsenal gave me the heebie jeebies!